PLEASE, BE READY TO COMPLETE A COMPETENCY-BASED ASSESSMENT!
The Branding, Media and Communications Assistant will drive media engagement, branding and strategic internal and external communication for Skills Outside School Foundation to enhance its visibility, project its impact & work, attract & retain partners and leverage communications for development.
S/he will work closely with all the various SOSF teams across our three pillars - interventions, advocacy and data towards establishing and maintaining strategic alliances, and generating support for SOSF’s cause amongst stakeholders and partners.
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Strategy Development & Implementation
- Drive the development and implementation of SOSF Communications Strategy to the key target audience.
- Development and implementation of the departmental budget and annual workplan, including implementation & continuous update of the organization's content calendar.
- Handle strategic external communication planning and implementation including the development of brand & marketing collateral, coordination of events, and building & maintaining strategic alliances.
2. Brand Management
- Develop diverse brand material and communication tools for the official website, social media (such as newsletters, YouTube, Instagram etc) and other traditional media platforms
3. Partner and stakeholder relations
- Prepare communication and fundraising materials, coordinate fundraising drives and onboard and manage partners & stakeholders
- Source and Coordinate SOSF external media engagements and visibility across seminars, conferences and roundtables
- Organize and lead strategic events and activities
- Production of quality and timely content to highlight SOSF achievements across its 3 pillars for stakeholder and partner relations.
4. External Engagement and Media Relations
- Prepare the SOSF team for media and public speaking opportunities and act as editor for external communications materials
- Represent SOSF in various communications forums and meetings
- Build and maintain relationships with media contacts and key public sector allies.
6. Social and Traditional Media Management
- Manage, maintain and update SOSF social media platforms (website, blog, Youtube, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) using creative content and leveraging effective storytelling
- Conduct continuous research on education, employability, entrepreneurship trends and insights to inform our audience
- Maintain and coordinate usage of, and manage a media archive and information resource centre eg Pictures, videos, research, reports, etc
Education and Experience
You possess the following:
- University degree in a related field of study.
- Experience working in communications for development.
- Minimum two years’ work experience in a similar position, preferably in an NGO, or in a corporate organization.
- Marketing and fundraising experience is a plus
- Experience writing for different purposes
- Experience with engaging and contacts in traditional media
- Experience with storytelling, especially for development
- Demonstrated knowledge of trends in media and communication space Skills
- Creativity and Strategic Thinking skills Ability to prioritise work, and meet deadlines
- Track record in brand management and development of brand collateral
- Strong stakeholder management skills is a plus
- Ability to analyse and present detailed information
- Ability to take proactive actions that are necessary to produce results and work independently/with little guidance.
- Excellent communication skills, including excellent skills in social media platform usage
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) Proficiency in cloud software applications (Skydrive, DropBox, Google Docs)
- Proficiency in the use of Photoshop (graphic designs etc).
- Excellent video editing skills.
- Content creation proficiency (video, reels, viral content, press releases, public speaking, Youtube shorts etc).
- Strong written and oral communication specifically report writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take responsibility for a diverse number of projects and to complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to solve problems.
At SOSF, we value diversity and inclusion — in backgrounds, and experiences and also encourage a gender Friendly work Environment.
1. Paid Time off (PTO) which includes;
- Sick (sick leave based on the duration of sickness after a verified Doctor’s report)
- Exam (A Maximum of 1-week paid examination leave annually)
- Annual (25 days for full-time staff and 20 days for contract staff)
- Maternity (3 months for confirmed female staff)
- Paternity leave (5 working days for male employees)
2. Group continuous Learning and Development: As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient, and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Skills outside foundation as well as themselves. The team has a learning and development WhatsApp group where all posts are shared.
3. External Engagement policy: SOSF Encourages people to have other external engagements outside SOSF which support the vision and mission of the organization as well as their interests.