Job Opportunties at a Multinational FMCG Company - Dragnet Solutions Limited
Posted on: 23 October, 2019
Deadline: 28 October, 2019
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at Dragnet Nigeria
Dragnet Solutions Limited - Our client, a Multinational FMCG company is recruiting suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
- The Continuous Improvement & Capability Development Manager will be responsible for the development and implementation of supply chain strategies related to Manufacturing Excellence and Capability advancement, he manages improvement opportunities in the manufacturing process and ensure key performance indicators (KPIs) are in place directly translating to improved performance, increased efficiencies and productivity.
- Capability Developments and Continuous Improvements efforts in the Manufacturing Units.
- Having a keen eye on Manufacturing Business Losses and Wastes, on budgets and budgetary changes, also ensure effective budgetary control so as to deliver on corporate objectives.
- Initiate and implement policies that will promote better operations of the factory for high efficiency, effectiveness and profitability.
- Provide thought leadership in the development and delivery of significant developmental plans for the manufacturing staff capability growth
- Drive the Implementation of Capability and Lean process management strategies as deployed from the HQ. He/She will drive the dissemination, execution, performance tracking and Sustenance within UFL through the Operations Managers & their leadership
- Support Good Manufacturing Practices and HACCP plan for the operations.
- Lead local initiatives on Successful Practices sharing, Quick win, Capability Development, and Continuous Improvement including benchmarking and search for plant opportunities
- Liaison with HR function for the development of Technical and Soft Skill Management Capabilities to enable Lean manufacturing, Technical expertise and strengthen Managerial Competencies
- Ensures the integrity and sustainability of development plans and processes through conducting audits and process checks and initiating corrective actions where required.
- Identify and Implement knowledge of key technologies or operational changes that optimize production and lead to improved productivity, cost reductions as well as enhance competitive advantages.
- Provide insight into manufacturing capability development progress through analytics and drive performance gap closures as metrics may show.
- Factory staff management responsibilities that include work environment that inspires creativity, growth, performance evaluations, discipline, and respect for the individual, on-the-job training for subordinates and learning for self, budgetary responsibilities, lean and effective manufacturing structure as well as ensuring that goals are met in a timely and efficient manner.
- Keep abreast of the latest Improvement opportunities and policies relevant to operations.
- Champions Manufacturing Employee Engagement and support all Quality, Safety, Health & Environment initiatives, laws and guidelines.
- Minimum Qualification of B.Sc. or HND (Food Science & Technology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Engineering etc.)
- 5 years of managerial experience in the Beverage Manufacturing sector or other FMCGs.
- Excellent Business Process Design knowledge
- Good Financial Management and Corporate Finance knowledge.
- Basic knowledge of Engineering Practices
- Good knowledge of global and industry HSE practices
- Good at information management.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Innovative and creative with good externally orientation
- Sound business knowledge and self-confidence
- Integrity and be good at customer management.
go to method of application »
- The Operations Manager will be responsible for Planning, controlling and coordinating resources (people, machines and raw materials) of the Dairies operating unit in a view to manufacture quality ice cream products which meet regulatory and customer requirements at the right time, mix and cost in line with business set targets.
- Managing the factory’s day to day operations.
- Controlling factory’s operation cost.
- Set and maintain the factory budget.
- Ensures good manufacturing practices to minimize generation of rejects through compliance with laid-down procedures and specifications.
- Implement quality and food safety systems.
- Responsible for factory hygiene standards
- Represent the factory on various Project Teams
- Manage supplier and customer service levels
- Manage working capital
- Develop and execute value analysis projects
- Develop subordinates and implement shop floor development initiatives
- Compile the factory capacity and capability studies for future capital expenditures.
- Negotiate with trade unions with assistance from Human Resources to get agreement on working conditions.
- Identifies and makes a recommendation for the training needs of staff and Plan and organize in-house and external training to improve staff competencies
- Keeps in touch with current developments in manufacturing methods, operations management, equipment and materials related to the company’s products and operations.
- Prepares reports on factory activities for Management decisions.
- Carries out any other job as assigned by GM Manufacturing in line with the company policy.
- Minimum of B.Sc., B. Eng. or HND.
- 7 years’ relevant experience in FMCG industry
- Must have good understanding and experience in manufacturing process.
- Must have driven manufacturing operations in FMCG sector.
- Good knowledge of strategic planning
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team cohesion
go to method of application »
- The Health Safety and Environment Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing organizational safety programs as regards occupational health and environment; review and update HSE policies and conduct risk assessments to detect potential hazards and plan precautionary measures.
- Ensures strict adherence to Health Safety and Environment requirements for the protection of staff, and the company’s assets and facilities.
- Ensures general hygiene in the factory (GMP) and prompt fumigation of the factory and premises.
- Ensures good sanitation of storage facilities and environment for effective storage conditions.
- Enforces disposal procedures of solid waste materials are implemented.
- Handles the procedure for wastewater discharge to comply with Local Regulations on wastewater discharges.
- Ensures the procedures for both in-house ad third party pest control and fumigation programs are effectively implemented.
- Coordinates safety training programs for employees.
- Investigates workplace incidents, establishes the causes and recommends preventive action against a recurrence.
- Provides management with appropriate information on safety, health, and environment-related matters.
- Minimum Qualification of B Sc or HND in Science & Engineering related courses
- 5 years' relevant experience in Health and Safety Management in Occupational Health Safety & Environment, Microbiology, Food Technology, Biochemistry or Engineering experience in an FMCG industry.
- Must be an innovative, skillful and self-motivated team player with good analytical, statistical, communication and change management skills.
- Possesses NEBOSH certification
go to method of application »
- The Human Resource Business Partner will be responsible for ensuring alignment between the business operations and HR practices by working in partnership with line managers and HR colleagues to shape, develop and deliver HR plans and solutions in line with the needs and priorities of the business.
- Develops and maintains good relations (informal and formal) with the recognized trade union and takes part in union negotiations.
- Ensures compliance with the requirements of the factories Act and maintain an awareness of the requirements of employment Legislation to provide sound advice for Management.
- Maintains procedures for grievance and disciplinary action in order to ensure a disciplined and well-motivated workforce.
- Works with the General Manager, Human Resources and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Manages HR outsourcing companies to ensure the provision of outsourcing labour is in line with labour law and meets the overall business objectives.
- Coordinates all HR 3rd party vendors such as laundry and canteen to ensure that services meet business needs and are delivered to agreed standards and timescales.
- Facilitates effective communication and implementation of new people management initiatives in different departments and levels of the business as appropriate.
- Responsible for initiating and maintaining employee information on SAP human capital module (HCM).
- Assesses manning requirement across all functions in the factories and ensures optimal manning levels while maintaining lean and effective organizational structures.
- Reports monthly on HR metrics and recommends necessary adjustments.
- The HR Business Partner strives to monitor labor policies and procedures in the business, constantly ensuring alignment with the business’s values and external legislations.
- The HR Business Partner maintains a clear and detailed knowledge of the industry trends and best practices.
- The HR Business Partner conducts similar duties as he deems fit for the proper execution of his duties, and duties as assigned by the General Manager, Human Resources
- Minimum Qualification of B.Sc. or HND
- 5 years of experience
- Experience in influencing departmental heads into the adoption of ultimately beneficial people management policies and procedures.
- Problem-solving experience leading to lasting employee relations solutions within a business
- Business Acumen
- HR Expertise
- Communication Skills
- Analytical Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Chartered Institute of Personnel Management Nigeria
go to method of application »
- The Talent Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies and processes for attracting, selecting and onboarding new employees.
- He/she will also be responsible for the training and development of talents and all activities around career management.
- Designs and implements strategies, policies, and procedures for Human Resource Planning, Recruitment and Selection, Career Development and Management Succession, and Training and development that fits within the business strategy.
- Supports the Head, HR in assessing the people requirements of the company in line with corporate guidelines, conducts periodic human resource audit, and strategic tracking of high fliers and star performers to ensure effective staffing and availability of required human resources to meet the company’s present and future business challenges.
- Design and implements strategies and processes for recruitment, selection, & placements to ensure all positions are at all times filled by competent employees.
- Designs organizational training plan based on identified training needs, and defines training budget for management approval. Also interfaces with Industrial Training Fund to ensure appropriate documentation and record of training implementation.
- Ensures the development of systems of career development and succession planning consistent with the overall Human Resources strategy and, in coordination with line management and the Head, Human Resources, decide on actions to ensure positions with qualified and experienced management are filled at all levels in the organisation in the short and the long term.
- Design and implement a robust curriculum for developing management trainees’ during their traineeship thereby delivering a fresh pool of talent for the business.
- Minimum Qualification of B.Sc. or HND
- 7 years of experience
- Hands-on experience implementing learning and development programs
- Exceptional interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain highly effective relationships, externally and internally.
- Ability to influence the senior management level.
- A solid sense of confidentiality and discretion.
- Proficient in the use of social media and job boards
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Dragnet NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Blending Technician at Guinness Nigeria Plc
- Head, Human Resources and Administration at DCSL Corporate Services Limited
- Job Opportunities at Anheuser-Busch InBev
- Job Openings at Sales Force Consulting
- Accounting/Finance Executive at UHY Maaji
- Training & Development Manager at Adexen Recruitment Agency
- Medical Director (MD) at Ajaokuta Steel Company Limited
- Direct Sales Agents at an FMCG Company