International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance. IMC has been operating in Nigeria since November 2013, implementing WASH projects, building the capacity of local health system and communities and ensuring the provision of quality, accessible Nutrition and Health Care for Children under five years of age.
International Medical Corps seeks a qualified candidate to fill the position of Human Resources Manager for its Nigeria Program. He/she will be based in Abuja and will work closely and under the supervision of the Finance and Administration Director. He/she will manage Human Resources strategy of International Medical Corps in Nigeria including managing all human resources staffs within the administration department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates human resources operations for International Medical Corps, which include but not limited to recruitment, selection, placements, compensation, and staff retention
- Ensure that all human resources operations align with local labour laws.
- Manages effort reporting system for all national staffs including payroll management
- Responsible for advising department managers of corporate policy regarding equal employment opportunities, compensation, and employee benefits.
- Develops and maintains a human resources system that meets top management information needs.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance. Studies legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals.
- Keeps records of benefits plans participation such as insurance and pension plan, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Coordinates hiring, terminations, promotions and performance assessment processes
- Ensure proper and adequate filling and retention of all historical documents relevant to Human Resources operations
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Responds to inquiries regarding Human Resources policies, procedures, and programs.
- Administers performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization.
- Administers benefits programs such as life and health insurance, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence etc.
- Conducts wage surveys within labor market to determine competitive wage rate.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Manages engagement processes of local consultants
- Any other relevant duties as assigned by supervisor
Education / Experience
- University degree is mandatory
- Masters degree in Human Resources Management or related field is desired
- 3 to 5 years of Human Resources management experience within international NGO environment