The Nigerian Stock Exchange, services the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa's financial markets. The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more. It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
Talent Management Analyst
Department: Human Resourced Group
Report to: Team Lead, Talent Management
Grade: Talent Management Analyst
Estimated Date of Resumption: Friday, March 1, 2019
- The Talent Management (TM) Analyst shall provide support in the management of key workflows and supporting key initiatives in the execution and implementation of Talent Management strategy including Talent Management critical practices, programs and initiatives.
- This position will have strategic and tactical responsibility and support the design, implementation and execution of The Exchange’s Talent Management strategy.
- Actively participate in a variety of talent management process and program management activities with a focus on supporting the assessment, development, delivery, improvement, and evaluation of a wide variety of talent management programs and initiatives.
- S/He will establish and lead the recruiting and on-boarding process and promote The Exchange human capital value proposition, through relentless internal and external recruiting, attracting premium talent.
- The role support the Talent Management/Acquisition Strategy, Manpower Planning and Budgeting, Recruitment, Selection and Placement, Job Matching, Research/Policy Development, HR Policy Management, Disciplinary Management, and TM Standard Operating Procedures Web Content Management (with regards to Career Page of The Exchange’s Website).
- Serving as the Talent Management Analyst, this position reports to the Talent Management Team Lead at the Corporate Headquarters.
- Support the development and implementation of integrated and effective talent management programs and processes aligned with on-going needs and goals of the organization and best practices
- Assist the team in establishing and managing the talent acquisition function across The Exchange. This includes: develop and implement a recruitment strategy, job posting optimization, recruitment marketing channel development, job board procurement, digital and non-digital employment marketing and comprehensive recruitment campaign planning
- Support The Exchange's overall recruitment strategy by working closely with job candidates, corporate recruiters, and external recruitment agencies, hiring managers and other Human Resource professionals to facilitate and support the recruitment and hiring process
- Responsible for the recruitment process and lifecycle, including sourcing candidates conducting initial assessments, line interviews and offers as well as coordinating the mobilization and on-boarding process
- Update and implement Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with key/relevant stakeholders, monitor performance levels and take corrective action as required
- Ensure the timely and cost effective fulfilment of all open requisitions with quality talent, and proactively lead updates on all open positions and cultivate strong consultative relationships with hiring managers and HR Teams.
- Coordinate and implement talent acquisition strategies (related to diversity recruitment, redeployment program, career mobility, employee referral program and similar Talent Acquisition priorities), understand talent movement and demand in the market and ensure that talent requirements are supported through effective build versus buy initiatives to best meet
- The Exchange’s talent requirements Provide analytic report on talent management metrics including cost per hire, retention, success results as measured by position metrics
- Partner with other HR Teams (Organizational Development, Learning and Development and Compensation and Benefits) to ensure holistic approach to Talent Management.
- Liaising with the Organisational Development (OD) Team in defining Talent Mapping strategies and supporting the business strategy through the facilitation and participation of talent reviews and succession planning meetings
- Support the OD Team in developing job descriptions aligned with organizational needs and policies, with an understanding of issues and strategies that will support organizational objectives
- Distil best practice information via cataloguing and sharing across business areas and functions. Provide recommendations for process improvements and assess core and common solutions
- Develop Talent Management related policies and conduct relevant researches on the subject matter Assist the HR Team in shaping the Human Resource Department as a centre of excellence for talent management design and process improvement.
- Actively participate in process improvement activities in meeting this goal. This includes open communication at all levels, providing feedback, and presenting new ideas for improving Talent Management processes and programs
- Assist the Team Lead to prepare and submit timely/quality deliverables for the corporate Talent process.
- Define critical data analytics, reporting needs, trends and predictive analysis to determine best approach to address capability gaps.
- Evaluate, analyse and coordinate Talent Management processes and programs for process improvement needs, make recommendations for enhancement, and implement approved changes Talent Management Analytics: Establishes Talent Management measurements/metrics for effectiveness; track, report and analyse data Employee Engagement - Develop overall engagement strategy/plan using employee feedback (e.g. employee surveys, focus groups, etc. Lead complex employee relations issues. Program/Project Management - Understand and apply program/project management methods and processes to define, plan, cost, resource, track, and measure programs and projects designed to improve performance in support of business requirements
- Responsible for all HR Policies, coordinating and ensuring all HR applicable policies are in place – i.e. Employee Handbook and other related policies
- Undertake Research in subject matter and develop applicable policies for the Talent Management Function
- Implement Disciplinary Management policies, process and framework.
- Coordinate hearings, generate reports and communicate effectively with all key stakeholders.
- Web Content Development – periodically update the content on the Careers Page on the NSE Website.
- Reviewing, updating recruitment updates, vacancies and improving other applicable content on a consistent basis to ensure it is fresh and relevant.
- Report generation and critical analysis of all aspects of the Talent Management Function.
- Perform other HR related duties as may be assigned from time to time
Desired Competency and Skill Requirements
- Good understanding of Strategic Human Resource Management and Partnering
- Basic understanding of HR processes and data
- Basic appreciation of HRIS database design, structure, functions and processes, and experience with databases tools
- Basic knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint and HR Automated Systems
- HR Analytics, Dashboard Management, Strategic and high level data, trend analysis
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication skills
- Previous exposure to project-related activities through active participation in system-related projects
- Strong organization, follow up, analytical, problem solving skills
- High degree of attention to detail
- Ability to work independently on multiple assignments and projects concurrently
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality in handling sensitive information
- Open-minded with the ability to follow instructions and deliver quality results
- Ability to deal with ambiguity with strong judgment and problem solving skills
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced and deadline driven environment
- Knowledge of Nigerian Labour Laws and other statutory laws
- Team Leads - Provide consultation to business with respect to Talent Management related issues and as directed by the Team Lead, HOD or DH as required
- HR Team - Advise other HR teams and organisational wide regarding Talent Manager related issues, as required Organization (Divisions, Departments, Unit) – provide on-going support on Talent Management Issues
Qualifications and Experience
To successfully deliver the above goals, the right candidate must have:
- Minimum HND/ Bachelor's degree in Social Management Science disciplines, preferably in the Human Resource Management
- Membership of a professional body - CIPM,CIPD, NITAD, PMI, SHRM, etc. is an advantage
- Minimum 2 years of HR experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of Organisational Structure Design, Project Scheduling and Process Mapping tools such as Visio, Excel, MS Project, Smart Arts, etc. is an added advantage
- Managing HR the function as a Strategic Business Partner, consideration and application of Global Best Practices
- Candidates Experience
- Basic HR experience, particularly in the areas of talent management and acquisition, employee engagement, performance management and development, HR policy and employment law, change management and delivering total compensation and reward programs
- Basic experience in supporting development (including advice and design) of and using Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) to support human resource programs, and a solid understanding of multiple uses and interdependency of data within such systems would be an asset
- Proven track record of strong performance managing against deliverables
- A commitment to collaboration and a joint-accountability approach
- Operational HR Experience: HR Analytics, Recruitment, Training, Performance management systems, Employee relations, internal consulting, etc. and knowledge of HR Laws; HR dashboard - graphic representation and interpretation of information.
- Relevant knowledge in research, analysis, collection/collation, interpretation and presentation of data; developing standard and ad hoc reports, templates, dashboards, scorecards, and metrics; interfacing and liaison with top and senior management, employees and other key stakeholders.
- Organizational Development and Growth
- Relationship Management
- Microsoft Office Packages
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Nigerian Stock Exchange career website on www.nse.com.ng to apply