GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
- Gas to Power (GTP) is a critical growth strategy for GE which is based on the ability to deliver fuel based solutions to locations that need power.
- The central London based GTP team coordinates the GTP efforts across GE; building a strategy and local ground game with the region and business teams and working with development partners, gas suppliers and traders, and financial institutions to provide solutions for the opportunities across our regions.
- The Gas Infrastructure Director will play a critical role in supporting the Structuring Leader in constructing and implementing GTP solutions to enable solutions related to a variety of gas based solutions including small scale LNG and LPG across West Africa – with a particular focus on virtual pipeline solutions in Nigeria.
- He/she will have extensive knowledge and relationships in the Power and Oil & Gas industries in West Africa to enable him/her to develop business opportunities in the region.
- He/she will have deep gas to power sectoral expertise and experience developing and executing gas infrastructure solutions involving LNG and/or LPG as an advisor or principal
- He/ he will drive the progression of priority Gas to Power projects working with businesses and regional teams and local GTP partnerships in the region. He/she will play a critical role in driving deals to completion.
- Identify, structure and implement investible and bankable/financeable fuel based solutions
- Regular interaction with potential customers/partners in Nigeria/West Africa serving as a single point of contact for GE towards facilitating GTP solutions, namely
- Refueling opportunities,
- Virtual pipelines (developing end-to-end business model from feed to customer storage),
- Solutions addressing gas supply of alternative gases (LPG, propane, etc.) for embedded or public generation opportunities;
- Identify commercial & industrial enterprises as customers for GE and develop/maintain relationships with Gas Infrastructure divisions of all IOC’s and NOC’s in the country;
- Field visits to customers and/or gas assets when and where required;
- Coordinate effectively across various GE businesses/teams - GTP; O&G, P&W and Nigerian GGO team to achieve sales/orders;
- Build and maintain a database of existing and future gas fired generation/infrastructure projects initially focused on West Africa;
- Drive information sharing and best practices across the company.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Technical discipline e.g. Engineering, etc. and/or Business Administration.
- Senior level experience in gas to power consulting, project development, advisory or project finance
- Proven relationship building and communication skills - strategic thinker;
- Ability to identify deal opportunities early & drive them to closure - strong project management skills;
- Analytical strength -financial acumen; innate problem solving capability;
- 10+ years working experience in Nigeria and abroad
- Ability to work amongst a variety of different cultures with excellent verbal and written English skills;
- Team player and ability to be highly effective in a matrix environment;
- Good communicator with good presentation skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Perseverance - ability to get things done.
- Purpose - Accountable for laying out a roadmap what products will be needed, developing and implementing the complete Digital Mine Suite (putting mine maintenance, production and safety optimization products and solutions into place).
As our new Digital Mine Leader you will:
- Develop value proposition, understand deal structure, lead customer engagements at the C-level to introduce the vision; cultivate extensive global networks and attract net new anchor accounts.
- Lead development of the appropriate business case including revenue/cost estimates, market trends, competitive analysis, risk analysis, industry best practices and timelines.
- Identify areas of risk or gaps, and help build local capability aligned with Digital Mine and the GE Store for the mining industry.
- Leverage GGO and GE Digital/partners for optimal performance and output focused on meeting Digital Mine and customer objectives, define success metrics and drive commercial success
- Provide overall leadership and day-to-day management of the Digital Mine team globally
- Attract, train and develop a world-class team focused on meeting the customer and shareholder objectives.
- Apply Fast Works principles to execute on specific growth plans that are aligned with the business strategy, ensuring resources are aligned properly to meet short and longer term growth targets.
- 1/3 mining, 1/3 software and architecture (some domain expertise around the equipment solutions and development), 1/3 commercial intensity and entrepreneurial mind.
- Has a thorough understanding of mining operations - (understands platform controls, has a broad oversight of automation and improvement opportunities).
- Knows what assets need to be targeted at and understands how the Predix Platform can be leveraged to achieve those targets.
- Capable to set clear expectations and communicate needs to the Predix Team; and able to effectively leverage support from GET Digital Team.
- Leads Digital Mine as a new stand-alone business with its own digital solutions from the start up to mature and sustainable operations.
- Establishes and fulfills the DML role as the right speaking partner for the Software Group in GE Digital - able to provide the critical mass of right inputs for the Development Team
- BA or BS in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Marketing or Mining-related discipline
- Minimum 10 years’ leadership experience in software sales, business development, sales strategy and/or commercial experience in the software industry
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this role.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
- Thought leadership, comfortable with market and technology trends, uncertainty, develop content and domain expertise
- Significant expertise in customer/market-facing sales or commercial positions as an individual contributor and/or leader
- Demonstrated success as a credible partner at the C-level
- Superior communication skills and be able to interact and influence cross-functionally at all levels; ability to build deep trust with internal teammates and end customer executives
- Outstanding project management skills and change management skills
- Deep technical understanding to interface with technologists, understand complex concepts and translate in a way that businesses or industry can understand
- An excellent, leverage able network of executive decision-maker contacts in the mining industry
- MBA degree
- Results driven and demonstrated leader capable of working within a very matrixed organization
- Strong executive presence and communications skills. Ability to impress customers and develop trusted relationships with prospects, customers, team members, management, and industry influencers
- Strong interpersonal, influence, and conflict resolution skills
- Ability and willingness to travel, as required.
- Proactively develop & implement One GE Healthcare sales strategy by creating and sustaining strategic relationships/alliances with their Strategic Accounts at the zone level, such as hospitals (large or individual) or hospital groups, government bodies or Group purchasing organizations, thereby creating growth for GE Healthcare (GEHC).
- This role is based in Lagos, but you may be responsible for the development of new business opportunities for new products or emerging areas.
- Achieve sales/orders targets for GEHC sales in assigned one GEHC accounts/territory while being within the budget allocated.
- Target, get access, builds relations, develop a business strategy and maximize business opportunities for all GE Healthcare businesses, products & services within allocated accounts/territory. Represents 1GEHC and acts as a primary customer point of contact in the allocated accounts/territory.
- Proactively build network with government bodies and Key Opinion Leaders as well as deep understanding of healthcare structure/players in assigned territories/accounts.
- Coordinate indirect deals for multimodality projects and aim at maximizing share of direct deals within his territory/accounts.
- In Cooperation with Modalities and Marketing drive One GE Healthcare marketing events in assigned territory. Be aware of segmentation and targeting in HCS, and apply relevant product benefits to each client’s segment. Analyze market trends, competition and accounts to develop a business plan and strategy that creates new business opportunities for all GE Healthcare products & services. Provides on-going feedback to management, modalities, services and marketing.
- Leverage Product Sales Specialists, Account Managers, Service and other Company resources to provide necessary technical equipment, service or clinical content to customers. Coordinate One GE Healthcare team on strategic accounts in order to deliver solutions that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Develop & implement GTM plans with Zone cross functional teams to achieve results through effective project proposals, negotiations, and contracts. Grow the share of wallet in assigned accounts (GE’s share of customer investments in Capital and Operational expenditures).
- Develop & maintain a high level of customer satisfaction through consistent high quality interactions with customer management, drive customer R-NPS on their accounts.
- Build long term strategic alliance with portfolio of accounts to continue to add value.
- Promote Service offerings, identify and escalate commercial service needs.
- Pro-actively monitor and escalate service issues to drive customer NPS.
- Follow GE policies, procedures and Operating Mechanism. Proactively participates in company initiatives depending on organizational needs and as directed by management. Ensure knowledge of and compliance of integrity and company policies.
- Geographic scope: Zone (could be a territory within Zone)
- Minimum 7 years of sales experience
- 2 years managing large government/commercial accounts
- Demonstrated ability to work directly with Hospital CEO, CFO, etc.
- Demonstrated executive level relationship building
- Demonstrated GE Healthcare Network Experience
- Previous experience selling GEHC Equipment or other medical equipment/devices
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
Quality Specific Goals:
- Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
- Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
- Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
Desired Characteristics Leadership and Team Building skills
- Contract Compliance Experience
- Negotiating Skills
- Healthcare Finance Experience
- Strong Process Management Skills
- Demonstrated Computer skills with special emphasis upon Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong writing skills (letters, e-mails, business plans, etc)
- The Operations Management Leadership Program (OMLP) Program Associate demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals / programs / processes for an area or business segment.
- In this role you will use your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
- The GE Operations Management Leadership Program combines broad exposure to core Supply Chain and Services job assignments along with formal classroom studies.
- Due to the rotational nature of the Program, a member will typically complete three to four assignments over a two-year period, each approximately six to eight months in length that cut across different aspects in manufacturing processes, products and services.
- Program members will also receive applicable technical and business training to compliment their rotational on-the-job training. Relocation is typically required while on program.
- Typically a program member will have a supervisory, technical, sourcing and production / materials management assignment while on program
- Collaborate with Assignment Leader in setting and achieving realistic and challenging operation goals
- Plan and perform assigned tasks within the framework of areas’ schedules, budget, quality and cost constraints while maintaining accuracy and thoroughness in results
- Demonstrate ability to understand and apply operational and technical fundamentals in the business environment using analytical and problem solving skills.
- Develop cooperation and teamwork while leading diverse groups in the development and implementation of team goals.
- Generate innovative ideas and apply change best practices to ensure impact of key initiatives.
- Complete Technical training in areas such as Contemporary Manufacturing, Global Supply Chain Management, American Production & Inventory Control Society (APICS) Certification, Six Sigma Quality training with Greenbelt Certification, Environmental Health & Safety.
- Complete business training in topics such as Project Management, Team Leading
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Information Technology
- Outstanding academic achievements (Top 25% of class) or a minimum of a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Strong business acumen with the ability to motivate others
- Geographic flexibility and global mindset
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to coordinate many tasks concurrently
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.