Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION) is a results-orientated Social Business, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services. MSION’s goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services.
MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which is in over 42 countries worldwide.
Location: Gombe / Yola
Reporting to: Regional Manager (North East)
Duration of contract: 2 years
Probationary period: 6 months
Achieve maximum sales, profitability, growth and account penetration within the assigned territory and/or market segment by effectively selling the MSION’s product/s and related services.
Personally contacts and secures new business accounts/customers.
· Achieve set commercial sales / objectives / target for assigned territory.
· Promotes/sells/secures orders from existing and prospective customers of MSION through a relationship-based approach.
· Develop good knowledge of MSION product/s and services.
· Demonstrates products and services to existing/potential customers and assists them in understanding how MSION product/s best suit their needs.
· Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with current customers and prospective customers.
· Make in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
· Research sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential and follow-up approach.
· Monitor competitions and provide updates on competitive activities and advice and report to management through supervising sales coordinator.
· Keep proper and up-to-date record of customers’ purchases and payments.
· Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
· MSION resource management: ensure MSION allocated resources are used to identify advantages and match with MSION’s products/services (build patronage & loyalty).
· Time management: maximizing the Return on Time Investment
Qualification / Requirements / Experience (Essential)
· A university degree in biological sciences, pharmacy, nursing.
· A minimum of one year of sales or related experience or training in pharmaceutical or health care / NGO sector.
· Experience or proven ability to be a team player.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· A valid driver’s license.
· Ability to manage a high level workload and meet tight deadlines.
· Strong communication and presentation skills
· Good detailing orientation
· Able to organize small and large scale events.
· Proactive; ability to work on one’s own and as an integral part of a team.
· Confident and professional.
· Analytical focus – strong detail orientation and numerate.
· Ability to develop and manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders; sensitive to a multicultural environment and the communications needs that accompany these.
Work as One MSION
· You contribute, use, and share accurate data and evidence to improve understanding, insight and decision-making across MSI, enabling us to maximize our ability to influence others
· You share relevant knowledge, expertise and resources to strengthen teamwork and prevent duplication of effort
· You actively work as part of a team, providing support and flexibility to colleagues, demonstrating fairness, understanding and respect for all people and cultures.
Show courage, authenticity and integrity
· You hold yourself accountable for the decisions you make and the behaviours you demonstrate
· You are courageous in challenging others and taking appropriate managed risks.
Develop and grow
· You seek feedback to enable greater self-awareness and provide the same to others in a way which inspires them to be even more effective
· You manage your career development including keeping your knowledge and skills up to date.
Deliver excellence, always
· You strive to consistently meet and exceed expectations, putting clients at the center of everything, and implement smarter, more efficient ways of performing your role
· You build and maintain effective long-term working relationships with all stakeholders, and are a true MSION ambassador.
Leadership (For Leaders only)
· You inspire individuals and teams, through situational leadership, providing clear direction
· You seek and provide opportunities which motivate team members, helping to develop skills and potential whilst strengthening our talent and succession pipeline
· You are aware of emerging developments in our sector, demonstrating strategic insight about our clients and business and encourage this in your team
· You articulate a vision of the future which inspires and excites others.
Reporting to: Finance & Admin Officer
Duration of contract: 2 years (Renewable)
Area 1: Responsibilities as an Office Assistant:
Area 2: Responsibilities as a Cleaner
Area 3: Store and IPO activities
Area 4: Documentation and reporting
Reporting to: Assistant Director/ Director, Operations
Duration of contract: 2 years (renewable)
Probationary period: 6 months
The Operations Manager (Ops Manager) is a key member of the Programme Operations Team and will work closely with other team members to achieve MSION objectives. The Ops Coordinator is responsible for supporting the delivering of strategic targeted coordination to management (field implementation, financial, and administrative), and implementation of our nation-wide programmes.
She/he support the Operations Director in directing the operational activities of the organisation to ensure effective implementation, continual improvement and strengthening of MSION’s service delivery programmes. This includes clinical outreach, social marketing, donor project implementation and relationship management partnership management with partner institutions, procurement and logistics, fleet management and coordination for MSION field implementation team members.
Reporting to Director Operations, responsible for achieve financial sustainability, effective management, high productivity and growth. He/she leads support and coordination, preparation and execution of field operating budgets, and work plans; ensure financial, administrative and logistical resources to field programme operations team adheres to MSION minimum standards; and assures quality operations in line with annual and long-term strategic goals and objectives
1. Field Operations Management
Supporting the Head of Operations(HOPs), follows up with all regional manager to ensure that agreed task are delivered as scheduled
Work closely and coordinate support office functions/channel to regional and programme managers to ensure leadership and growth of centres, outreach, social marketing and social franchising operations
Support regional and state teams in the development of annual and quarterly budgets and financial performance targets and support the HOPs in monitoring budgetary management and performance
Ensure equitable distribution of resources according to the workplans and resource needs of all MSN’s regions.
Support HOPs in monitoring progress of field activities and make adjustments as necessary to ensure successful completion of set objectives
2. Programme Operations and Implementation and Management:
Work closely with field operations team members, take a strategic, forward-looking role in establishing MSION future programme direction, with particular focus on driving MSION towards programme sustainability, and ensuring the organisation plays a leading role in improving health demographics in the Nigeria
Draft and implement field operations workplans in consultation and co-ordination with other departments including overseeing field operations budget management
Ensure all field activities are implemented on time, within budget and to quality
Procurement and Logistics
· In coordination with Procurement & Logistics team
Coordinate support of field logistics to operations team ensuring that systems including ordering, transportation, delivery, storage, and control and reporting on the use of program, projects and team supplies are in accordance with MSION policies.
Implement an effective system for the supply of commodities to match client demands, supporting in launching new offices and Centres / Clinics, and other field day-to-day procurements at field levels
Reporting, Monitoring and Evaluation
Collate monthly, quarterly and annual Operations reports flowing from each regional/state reports
Produce operations monthly factsheet and quarterly MSION Newsletter;
Manage and report periodically on the field implementation of MSION annual work-plan among others.
Work with the HOPs to ensure operations data management alignment with field strategy, agreement on annual targets and inclusion of data collection and analysis activities in the work plan
Work with RMs to ensure at least one human interest story or success story are produced monthly. This must be well documented and presented as part of quarterly report
Produce progress reports for the Line Manager on a regular basis
As a member of the operations team, demonstrate a strong commitment to MSION mission and goals and encourage a similar commitment from all team members
Link, train and harmonise different departments of the organisation to work efficiently together in order to meet field operations requirements as well as achieve MSION goals
Ensure that a high level of communication is maintained with other MSION departments, as well as with external partners and MSI
Encourage a positive culture, work environment and attitude among all team members
From time to time represent the organisation at meetings, workshops, press conferences, or other forums
Attitude / Motivation:
Interested candidates should apply by email with CV and suitability statement as a single attachment to email@example.com not later than Thursday 10th March 2016. MSION is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to achieving gender balance within the organization. Female candidates are encouraged to apply. The subject of the email should be the POSITION TITLE/LOCATION and the CV/Suitability statement should be saved in the applicant’s full name. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.