Director of Finance and Administration at Equal Access
Posted on: 8 October, 2018
Deadline: 31 October, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Equal Access
Equal Access International (EAI) is an international not for profit organization (501c3) working throughout Asia and Africa. A communication for social change organization that combines the power of media with community mobilization, EA creates customized communications strategies and outreach solutions that address the most critical challenges affecting people in the developing world in the areas of peace and transforming extremism, women’s and girl’s empowerment, governance, civic participation, youth development, human rights and health.
Director of Finance and Administration
- EAI is preparing for the USAID/Nigeria Community Initiatives to Promote Peace (CIPP), a five year, $15 million conflict management and mitigation activity that will strengthen inter-faith, inter-ethnic, and other local conflict mitigation networks to support and promote peaceful coexistence, good governance and religious freedoms in targeted communities in six focus states of Northern Nigeria, including building the capacity of state and local governments to assist communities in mitigating violent conflict and preventing violent extremism.
- CIPP will coordinate with USAID/Nigeria’s relevant health, basic education, and economic growth activities. This project is anticipated to be awarded by February 2019.
- The Director of Finance and Administration oversees program operations, including but not limited to human resources, logistics, procurement, sub-contracts or sub-awards, and accounting/finance.
- S/he will develop internal control measures, conduct internal financial audits, and coordinate all external financial audits.
- S/he will prepare budgets for annual work plans and financial reports for USAID.
- S/he will also build financial management capacity of all relevant staff and sub-awardees.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The Director of Finance and Administration will report to the Chief of Party.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or a related field.
- An ACA/ACCA/CPA or other recognized professional accounting qualification.
- At least seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in accounting, auditing, finance, or business management, including at least three (3) years of post-qualification experience as an auditor with a recognized public or private firm or as a finance manager with a reputable civil society organization or donor agency.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage large budgets, and an in-depth knowledge of USG Cost Accounting Standards.
- Progressively responsible experience supervising project operations, including human resources, procurement, and sub-contracts or sub-awards.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and English oral and written communication skills; demonstrated supervisory skills; and ability to work well on a team.
- Previous experience in building or enhancing civil society organizations financial management capacity.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs, i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc., and the ability to use various commercially available accounting software programs.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should e-mail a copy of their CV and statement of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference ” in the subject line. Documents will be reviewed by members of EAI based in Washington, DC.
- Selected candidate’s employment is dependent on USAID issuing award to Equal Access.
- Nigerian Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply. EAI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Recent Jobs from Equal Access
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Chief of Party at Equal Access
- Deputy Chief of Party at Equal Access
- Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Officer at Equal Access
- Know More About Equal AccessSimilar Jobs
- Administrative Executive at Tempkers Limited
- Chief Operating Officer / Manager at Ultimus Holdings
- Senior Accounts Payable Supervisor at Alfred & Victoria Associates
- Assistant Accountant at Alfred & Victoria Associates
- Accounts Payable Support at Alfred & Victoria Associates
- Finance Manager at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- General Manager at Brookhouse International Limited
- Finance & Grants Officer at Plan International