Microsoft Nigeria If you have unique experiences, skills and passions-and we believe you can bring them all to Microsoft for a rich, rewarding career and lifestyle that will surprise you with its breadth and potential. Just imagine the excitement and satisfaction of what you can do, where you can go, and the difference you can make with the resources of Microsoft behind you.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job ID: 995733
- Nobody does technology and service delivery quite like us. We’ve developed an unrivalled portfolio of software, services and devices that help businesses do business - bigger, better, faster and smarter. Whatever our customers’ objectives, be it improving end-user experience, business evolution, increased security or saving time and money - our Technical Account Managers are equipped with the resources, passion and commercial insight to help achieve them.
- We work with all kinds of organisations, from the larger enterprise business or small-yet-savvy startups to giant government departments. What they all have in common, however, is the need to make the most of our innovative technologies. Which is where you, as a TAM, comes in.
- If you are looking for an environment that will challenge you and a role which invites you to develop your own potential, whilst working with world-changing technology and a customer base that relies on Microsoft to help them to grow, then this role is for you.
- Microsoft’s mission is ‘to empower every person and organisation on the planet to achieve more’. Microsoft Services, along with the relationships and business value you will drive as a TAM, exist to support this mission.
We require all candidates to have proven experience in the areas below:
- Service delivery Planning and Management
- Customer satisfaction at C level
- Project Management
- Operations Consulting
- Commercial awareness
- Building business relationships in the support and/or consultancy professions
We’re looking for people who:
- Inspire confidence and build robust working relationships with our customers
- Align our services and solutions to their business challenges and increasing the value of our partnership
- Are able to engage with customers on the business transformational capabilities of our offerings and products such as O365, Azure, Windows 10 and Surface
- Can work collaboratively across Microsoft to makes things happen, embrace responsibility and thrive on taking the initiative
- Love the challenge of bringing clarity and vision where there is uncertainty too - acting as a catalyst for change both with your team and your clients
- Naturally enjoy problem solving, you take pressure in your stride, accept feedback and know how to manage expectations
- Possess sound judgement, customer focus and the ability to work in a performance-driven environment are all essential
go to method of application »
Job ID: 906939
- Account Executive (Q1: Managed) is responsible for driving an intentional end to end sales model, designed to drive predictable Customer business outcomes. Account Executive own the Services business in a 1:10 relationship with the Customer, and is responsible for driving a balanced portfolio of MCS and Premier revenue in their account.
- They orchestrate and drive deal pursuits by focusing on packaged repeatable solutions, and fixed scope offerings across multiple customers.
- They drive Cloud conversations with BDM’s and packaged solutions with TDM’s throughout the organization. The ability to prioritize their time, drive opportunities that are mapped to the Customer’s business agenda and aligned to Megatrends and Microsoft Priority Areas is key.
- Account Executives display leadership in internal and external orchestration of Microsoft team account strategies, develop account strategy and growth plans, and provide accurate opportunity close plans dates to support forecast data to the business.
- The Account Executive Services (Q1: Managed) is the end to end Services account relationship owner for our top 2100 tier Microsoft customers.
The Account Executive Services (Q1: Managed):
- Aligns deal pursuit around packaged repeatable solutions, and fixed scope offerings across multiple customers. Drive Cloud conversations with BDM’s, horizontal packaged solutions with TDM’s, solutions aligned with Megatrends
- Manages deal process end to end and engages internal teams effectively
- Drives packaged repeatable solutions and fixed scope offerings to closure
- Drives 40% opportunity close rate by having precise close plans in place for all active opportunities
- Drives excellence in sales execution: opportunity qualification, opportunity level forecast recommendations of + 5%, consistent execution of Microsoft Sales Process, Partner integration.
- Drives revenue attainment NWS, MCS billed, Premier.
- Develops high quality, account plans, mapped to Customer budget cycle and aligned with EPG teams. Strategies are based on customer’s business priorities and drive Microsoft solution scenarios with accelerated revenue growth over time
- Establishes Conditions of Satisfaction, review with customer via Executive Business Reviews inclusive of MCS and Premier involvement.
- Coordinates with EPG Account Manager on customer review rhythm via Executive Business Reviews.
- Is skilled in working across business segments in establishing account profiling, setting priorities, and ensuring effective alignment with Enterprise Partner Group (EPG), Specialist Team Unit (STU) , Services Sales Manager (SSM), Solutions Specialist (SSSP), Mega Deal Team, Enterprise Architect,( EA) and Technical Account Manager (TAM) to prioritize and align account activities.
- Able to ensure that Services Growth Strategies for Enterprise Services, Consulting and Premier (in the Account Planning Portal) are updated by end of Q1 and information is current based on a rolling 6 month cycle, enter all services opportunities for all Services managed accounts in CRM.
- Responsible for contributing to SMSG's growth commitment by 100% attainment of revenue based incentive (RBI) objectives, achievement of quarterly revenue targets and full year Premier billed revenue
- Able to ensure that all Services actions positively contribute to the customer and to Relationship Management Score (RMS) by account. Drive Customer and Partner Experience indicators in all accounts.
- Responsible for driving highly intentional sales approach, with customer to drive predictable customer business outcomes. Drive deal Pursuit Strategies to defined repeatable solutions with some customization driving the customer’s business agenda. Develop revenue growth plans by selling a balanced portfolio MCS, Premier, and New Work Sold.
- Responsible for strategy, planning, marketing/positioning, developing appropriate value propositions and crafting and selling solutions mapped to customer business outcomes. Responsible for a balanced portfolio of (Enterprise Strategy, Global Delivery integration, Microsoft Consulting Services (MCS) Invoiced Revenue, New Work Sold (NWS) and Premier Billed Revenue into assigned accounts.
- Ensure that Services Growth Strategies for Enterprise Services, Consulting and Premier (in the Account Planning Portal) are updated by end of Q1 and information is current based on a rolling 6 month cycle, Enter all services opportunities for all Services managed accounts in CRM.
- Provide monthly opportunity level forecast recommendation supporting
- Close 90% or greater of committed opportunities within the targeted month, while managing pipeline exceptions to <2%.
- Ensure T12 activities for all Premier renewals for maximized ontime agreement renewal.
- Develops relationships with BDM’s and TDM’s across the customer organization. Drive Cloud conversations with BDM’s and packaged solutions with TDM’s. Drive sales scenarios through understanding the customer, the industry, and the competition
- Map customer business needs to Microsoft solutions providing a differentiating value proposition
- Develop quality Account Plans mapped to customer budget cycle, aligned with EPG teams, inclusive of pursuit strategies and revenue growth over time, reviewed with the customer annually. Review with Sales Management quarterly
- Establish Conditions of Satisfaction (COS). Coordinate with EPG Account Manager on customer review rhythm via Executive Business Reviews (EBR). Ensure account and/or contact level COS are referenced and reflected in engagement level COS for both Microsoft Consulting Services and Premier In your assigned accounts
- Uses customer business reviews to identify customer strengths or gaps, and finds additional ways in which the Services team can add value and enhance customer satisfaction. Ensure that all Services actions positively contribute to the customer and positively contribute to Relationship Management Score (RMS) by account.
- Drive Customer and Partner Experience indicators in all accounts.
- Opportunities are aligned to megatrends and focused on strategic priorities.
- Propels a balanced portfolio of opportunities across Priority Areas.
- Achieve Minimum Close Rate and PreSales ROI by improving deal qualification process.
- Maintain a healthy pipeline to ensure appropriate velocity and coverage to meet quota. Prepare for regular pipeline reviews to ensure you can articulate the health and quality of your pipeline, learnings from wins and losses, and escalations for opportunity resources to improve win rate
- Own the sales cycle for Services opportunities endtoend by managing opportunities through the Microsoft Sales Process (MSP).
- Execute MSP with discipline across the sales lifecycle for all opportunities.
- Qualify opportunities to the highest standards of excellence from MSP.
- Participate in the Opportunity Review Board (ORB) for deals > 1 Million to improve opportunity qualification and close rates. Complete SMSG Win/Loss assessment for ORB/DRB opportunities and share key learnings on a monthly basis.
- Enter all new/renewal opportunities into CRM and ensure data is complete and up to date on an annual basis during Q1 for renewals/weekly.
- Align with Enterprise Partner Group (EPG), Specialist Team Unit STU) leads, Services Sales Manager (SSM), Services Solutions Specialist (SSSP), Enterprise Architect,( EA) and Technical Account Manager (TAM) to prioritize and align account planning and activities
- Participate in Creating Opportunities Through Account Planning (COTAP) workshops as available in your local geography to align with EPG account teams to effectively plan Services Sales strategy for key accounts.
- What work experience is essential to the job? How many years of previous work experience would it typically take to gain sufficient experience in these areas to minimally fill this job role?
- 5 - 8 years of related experience (IC5).
- 8 - 10 years of related experience (IC6).
- 10+ years of related experience.
- What type of supervisory or management experience would be necessary to fulfill the job requirements, if any?
- Management by Influence, strong Team Leadership and orchestration.
- Field of Study (if applicable): Sales and Marketing, Engineering, Information Technology or Information Systems Management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to develop executive relationships Strategic Selling Skills craft and position complex business solutions with a winning value proposition.
- Account Planning and Strategy.
- Industry/ Competitive Knowledge.
- Rigorous opportunity management and ability to forecast business accurately
Microsoft Core Competencies:
- Drive for Results.
- Influencing for Impact.
- Customer Focus.
- Strategic Selling.
- Sales Excellence.
- Challenger Mentality.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.