Our client has diversity with Multimedia. A leader in innovation, this reputable company has earned an international reputation as one of the largest media entertainment companies in Africa. They seek the services of experienced, dedicated and professional Heads Of Accounting - who would also double as brand ambassadors as they seek to expand the currently existing market, and take the product to previously unexplored territories.
The candidate will be required to:
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of positive pay transactions.
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Support budget and forecasting activities.
- Monitor and analyze department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Advise staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Respond to inquiries from the Director of Finance, Controller, and other finance and firm wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Supervise the general ledger group to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and give advice on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Support Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements.
To successfully secure this opportunity, the candidate must have
- A first (Bachelor’s) degree in Accounting or closely related field.
- CPA required.
- Must be a Chartered Accountant (ICAN, ACCA).
- MBA or related master’s degree
- 8 – 10 years of Finance experience
The candidate should be able to showcase:
- Governance and Ethics sensitivity (integrity)
- Respectful and flexible
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Demonstrative of sound work ethics
- Ability to work in a diverse multicultural environment
- Ability to prioritize and handle several tasks simultaneously
- Ability to learn quickly and think on feet
- Strong analytic skills in assessing business opportunities and tracking results
- Excellent interpersonal communication, teamwork and project management skills
- Ability to operate in an environment with minimal supervision
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Office, Word, Excel (Advanced), Power Point
- Ability to communicate in writing, through email, reports, or orally that is related to complex accounts matters
- The ability to plan, organize, prioritize and process multiple and simultaneous projects and assignments accurately
- Strong attention to detail - accurate data gathering, insightful analysis, ability to manage with flawless execution
- Industry regulatory and standard changes with in depth understanding of the political, social, economic and cultural context of the entertainment industry
- An understanding of relevant municipal legislation, policies and procedures
- Operational and Management Research skills
- Accounting and Statistical Sampling
- Organizational, Project Management skills and ability to promote value to the Administrative department of the organization.
go to method of application »
To successfully secure this opportunity, the candidate must have (be):
- A good first (Bachelor’s) degree in Mass Communication, Marketing, Advertising or Public relations Preferred
- MBA would be an added advantage
- 8 – 10 years of Multimedia and Entertainment experience with proven track record of achieving set business target and increasing market share and profit
- Excellent Communication skills
- Polyglotism an added advantage
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Good strength of character and excellent decision making
- Excellent influencing and Team Management skills
- Excellent computer skills with proficient use of Microsoft Office Suites
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Able to think ‘outside the box’ and delegate with precision
- Effective administration and cost effective resource management skills
- Ability and commitment to increase market share and profit
The candidate should be able to conveniently carry out the following:
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's overall performance.
- Enhance and /or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Participate in the development of the corporation's plans and programs as a strategic partner .i.e. Formulate and implement the strategic plan that guides the direction of the business.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
- Analyze budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the Board and senior executives in performing their responsibilities.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization and with the Board as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Lead, guide, direct, and evaluate the work of other executive leaders including managers
- Solicit advice and guidance, when appropriate, from a Board of Directors.
- Maintain awareness of both the external and internal competitive landscape, opportunities for expansion, customers, markets, new industry developments and standards, and so forth.
- Represent the organization for civic and professional association responsibilities and activities in the local community, the state, and at the national level.
- Demonstrate the leadership necessary to make the organizations mission a success.
- Ensure compliance to all legal and regulatory documents and monitor compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Oversee the fiscal activities of the organization including budgeting, reporting and audit.
- Work with Board to ensure financing to support short- and long-term goals.
- Facilitate the integration of the company into the fabric of the community by using effective marketing and communications activities.
Method of Application
If you have the essential requirements and would like to seize this great opportunity, please send your resume with the following attachments:
1. Necessary Certifications
2. Passport photograph
All CVs should be sent to email@example.com or send via post to P.O. Box 17376 on or before Friday 11th September, 2015.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Enquiries, call 08058998677.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale