Oando Nigeria Plc is one of Africa's largest integrated energy solutions providers with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.With shared values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Passion and Professionalism (TRIPP), the Oando Group comprises six companies who are leaders in their market. At Oando, we always on the look out for highly skilled, enthusiastic and dedicated people who can contribute to our continuing success.
Oando Nigeria Plc is recruiting to fill the positions below:
Under the direct supervision of the Manager, Group Risk Management and Control, the main duties of the Risk and Control analyst are to ensure financial controls are properly designed, implemented as designed and functioning as intended.
He/She is responsible for data gathering, measurement and analysis of operational, strategic and regulatory compliance risk in the group in order to assess and ensure timely reporting of all issues noted for the GHRMC’s consideration.
Other specific responsibilities are as follows:
• Work with the Risk and Control Manager to conduct risk assessment and control testing across the group.
• Work with department heads at the subsidiary companies in Finance (including, strategy & planning units) and other operating areas to ensure enforcement of policies and procedures and compliance with the regulatory environment.
• Ensure all remediation actions are implemented across the group
• Assist with documentation of operational processes (using narratives and process maps) across the group, maintain a register of these processes, tracking all process changes and re- engineer existing processes where and when required.
• Focus on continual process improvement, and rationalization of control measures to enhance effectiveness and efficiency of operations and realization of cost savings opportunities
• Maintain and monitor all financial module access rights for all staff across the group.
With the Manager, Risk and Control, ensure effective management of both Operational risk and all supporting functions risk across the group office and entities including shares services.
Work with the head of Group Risk Management and the unit Manager to:
• Coordinate risk documentation, evaluation, and monitoring risk inherent in existing activities, with the aim of minimizing operational loss across Oando Plc and its subsidiaries.
• Collate all the operations risk register from the entities and group EHSSQ and prepare monthly report for the group Chief Risk and Finance Officer
• Develop key risk indicators and guide the subsidiaries risk advisors on same. Ensure consistency of approach.
Ensure there are business continuity and crisis management plans in place to minimize losses in the event of severe business disruptions. Ensure periodic assessment of contingency plans.
• Facilitate the periodic Group Risk Management and Control Committee meetings chaired by the Group CFO.
• Good knowledge of Internal Control Processes, and Risk Management
• A university degree with minimum of five years’ work experience
• A qualified Chartered Accountant or working towards an accountancy qualification or an Engineer with good knowledge of processes and control
• Good knowledge of the regulatory environment.
• Attention to details
• Strong personality with good organization skills
• A good team player.
• The ability to build, and maintain excellent working relationships with all levels of management.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, organizational and time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
• Ability to interpret financial statements and understanding of IFRS
• Good understanding of corporate governance
• Be responsible for the organization and management of all statutory meetings (Board, Committees, General meetings), and business meetings including preparation of all preliminary documents and post-meeting tasks in accordance with the Governance Office Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
• Be responsible for the processes of policy development, improvement, management & provision of guidance to employees, managers and other verticals on the application of company policy in complex situations.
• Be responsible for all Corporate Secretarial & Compliance aspects of corporate transactions & other special projects such as acquisitions, restructuring, board evaluations or other strategic transactions of the Group.
• Strengthen the corporate compliance function through identification & implementation of required improvements in the compliance program design.
• Apply the Group’s document and records management procedure in managing statutory and legal requirements, and processing of all company statutory records.
• Be responsible for conducting due-diligence and vetting of all business partners across their various jurisdictions of operation. Prepare due-diligence reports on suitability of vendors for business engagement.
• Evaluate services rendered on contractual agreements, negotiate orders for settlement on behalf of the Company and process payments of same, in keeping with the company procurement policy.
• Act as the responsible relationship manager for all corporate secretariat & compliance matters for at least one designated business entity/unit and at least one jurisdiction of the Group’s operation.
• Effectively coordinate all matters relating to Directors’ remuneration, induction, training and general Board matters while maintaining standard Board processes across the Group.
• Be primarily responsible for drafting, collating and preparing non-financial information across the Group for Oando plc’s annual report in compliance with all statutory requirements.
• Be responsible for drafting Board Papers, resolutions and other documentation to assist with the decision making process of the Board and the implementation of Board decisions.
• Create awareness on compliance issues throughout the Group through compliance on-boarding of all new employees and training of employees, directors and business partners on Company policies and Code of Business Conduct & Ethics and drafting of Ethics Watch and other compliance communication tools.
• Ensure compliance with the Group’s Compliance and EHSSQ policies and procedures. Advise on sanctions for breach of Compliance and EHSSQ policies and procedures.
• Manage client/auditor relationship and effectively communicate key audit recommendations to managers, working together to identify problems and find creative solutions to them.
• Conduct periodic audits to monitor and track compliance of the Oando Group and its subsidiaries with rules, laws & regulations and prepare periodic reports to senior management and the Board of Directors
• Prepare in conjunction with the Audit team, the statutory reports for the Board and Audit Committee meetings.
• Monitor contract performance of service providers based on executed SLAs.
• Align all work plans with the unit’s business continuity and disaster recovery plan, participating in audits and drills to ensure preparedness to manage different operating scenarios.
• Manage stakeholder relationships with regulatory and government agencies, shareholders, registrars, local and international organizations etc and fulfil all of the company’s reporting and continuing obligations to these bodies/agencies
• As part of financial management function, provide input to budget preparation and monitoring in alignment with financial targets of the unit.
• Actively contribute to developing the company’s stakeholder management strategy in keeping with the company’s communication guidelines and standards.
Key Performance Indicators:
• Effectiveness of documentation management and accessibility of information
• Smooth and effective stakeholder relationship management with no penalties
• Demonstrated cost saving and budget management practices employed in day-to-day activites.
• Promptness/timeliness of response/ service delivery
• Customer satisfaction levels
• A good University degree;
• Minimum of 5 years experience of legal, compliance or corporate secretarial work, 3 of which should be in a legal and compliance department of a public quoted Company;
• Strong & Effective Business Communication and drafting skills (Verbal & Written);
• Excellent Communication Skills;
• Analytical & problem solving ability
• Ability to plan and execute multiple assignments under pressure.
• Knowledge of Corporate Transactions/Company Law
• Oil & Gas Industry History and Dynamics
• Knowledge of the different Statutory/Regulatory bodies governing Companies and the Oil & Gas Industry
• Change Management
• Team player
• Customer focused & customer service oriented
• Strong interpersonal Relations
• Numeracy and Analytical skills
• Cost Control
• Creativity & Innovation
• Oral & Written Communication
• PC Utililsation
• Attention to detail
To apply for these positions, click here. Click on "Search Openings".