Bridge International Academies is the world’s largest and fastest-growing chain of primary and pre-primary schools with more than 400 academies and 120,000 pupils in Kenya and Uganda. We democratize the right to succeed by giving families living in poverty access to the high-quality education that will allow their children to live a very different life.
THE JOB LOCATION IS SOUTH-SOUTH
- The Administration Manager is responsible for overseeing all the administrative activities that facilitate the smooth running of the Bridge International Academies Office and can lead strategic projects and events to improve the well-being of Bridge staff.
- This person is a highly energetic, superstar idea generator, organizer, project manager, and Microsoft Office whiz that can manage several Administration assistants, and is willing to work whatever hours and times are needed to get things done.
- Last but not least, the Administration Manager is a friendly but firm presence in the office to ensure that all Company policies are being adhered to.
What You Will Do
- Supervises and manages administrative assistants in the R&T team, HQ, Warehouse and Uganda(country office)
- Managing the duties of office cleaners, building security, and maintaining a relationship with building management to ensure that Bridge is receiving the correct level of service
- Lead the Administration Department in providing high quality service to the entire Company and any visitors, including maintaining regular quality tea service, front desk support, onboarding employees, etc.
- Manage security for the building – reviewing CCTV footage, ensuring that only authorized personnel are in the office, etc.
- Assist Bridge Staff with questions and concerns around the work environment
- Manage and maintain inventory and stock controls over administration assets (office supplies, furniture, etc.), leverage technology and systems to ensure that tracking is repeatable, scalable, and fail-safe
- Strategically manage the Company’s floor plan/layout and general office needs
- Ensure that the work environment is well kept and motivating for employees
- Organize company events, both in and out of the office
- Prior experience as an Administration Manager preferred; experience working in Administration
- Prior management and project management experience
- High energy, highly motivated personality but a stickler for rules
- Good communicator - verbal and written
- Available at all hours (when necessary) to attend to the office in person
What You Should Have
- Bachelor’s degree from a top academic institution with top marks
- Superb Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Very competent with technology platforms and quick to pick up new systems
- At least four years’ experience working in project management/fast-paced environments, ideally with an administrative bent
You Are Also:
- Proactive - You don’t always need supervision and you are a self-starter. Your personal drive to succeed and deliver keeps you working when you may not have a supervisor with you.
- A detailed doer - You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A networking mastermind- You excel at meeting new people and turning them into advocates. You communicate in a clear, conscientious, and effective way in both written and oral speech. You can influence strangers in the course of a single conversation. Allies and colleagues will go to bat for your ideas.
- A creative problem-solver- Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in volatile, low-resource communities and runs on fees averaging around $7 a month per pupil. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A customer advocate- Our customers - these families living on less than $2 a day per person - never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their customer benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner -You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
go to method of application »
Do you have a strong background in Supply Chain management; deep knowledge of procurement, warehousing and logistics with at least 5 years experience in fast-growth, multi-unit environments
Kindly send your resume to email@example.com using Supply Chain Manager as the subject of your email.
go to method of application »
- Ideal candidates should have experience managing projects, identifying business challenges through data and observation, creating solutions for these issues, and overseeing an operational programme.
- They should be proficient analysing and managing large amounts of data and comfortable working closely with different departments and teams.
- Experience bringing ideas and programmes to scale, working at similar ambitious start-up companies, or building and managing teams across countries is an added plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Masters preferred
- Minimum 3 years work experience required.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Administration Manager
- Supply Chain Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Operations Manager - email@example.com