If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is the largest humanitarian network in the world. Its mission is to alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity especially during armed conflicts and other emergencies. It is present in every country and supported by millions of volunteers.
The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is dedicated to preventing and alleviating human suffering in warfare and in emergencies such as epidemics, floods and earthquakes.
- Responsible for the implementation of Protection (mainly Protection of Civilian Population) activities in coordination with the
- Protection of Civilian Population delegate for all ICRC Nigeria Sub-Delegations and Offices.
- Participates in the analysis of the situation and humanitarian issues.
- Identifies protection problems and ensures proper treatment of enquiries following family separation, violations of IHL and other humanitarian consequences of the conflict, violence or natural disasters
- Participates in networking and dialogue with relevant interlocutors, ensures interaction with other departments
- (Assistance, Prevention and Cooperation), Sub-delegations and offices, the NRCS and external contacts.
- Data analysis, according to working methodologies and procedures in order to ensure coherence and efficiency in addressing Protection issues, including Healthcare in Danger (HCiD) with the HCiD Focal Point.
- Carries out training of new recruits and briefing of other ICRC staff on specific handling procedures applicable to Protection activities
- University degree in a relevant field, preferably in the field of law
- 4 years experience in the Protection/Tracing with very good command of the Prot6 software
- Excellent written and spoken English, Hausa and preferably Kanuri (Shuaa-Arab and French an asset)
- Good computer skills: knowledge in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Represents the organization properly with different level of interlocutors.
- Sound analytical skills, Good knowledge of the Area of Responsibility - AoR (Political, cultural and geographical)
- Driving Licence and succeeded in ICRC Driving test
- Team-work oriented, sound communication skills, familiar with protocol and official diplomatic communication
- Very good communication and inter-personal skills: ability to deal with people respectfully and showing empathy towards
- others (colleagues, beneficiaries, authorities)
- Able to behave and work in accordance with the ICRC’s neutrality and impartiality principles
- Ability to work independently, and capacity to take initiatives when appropriate
- Leadership skills with ability to manage and supervise tasks with effectiveness as per the set priorities
- Able to work under pressure; flexible and open to extra working hours if necessary
- Capacity to carry out activities and manage files of importance in the field of ICRC PROT activities (Restoring Family
- Links, Protection of Civilian Populationand Missing).
- Staff management capacity and very good team spirit
- Ability to keep discretion and handling confidential matters effectively
- Sound capacity to strictly apply ICRC rules and procedures (e.g. security, code of conduct)
- Adaptability and capacity to integrate changes and deal with important volume of work
- Punctual, reliable, confirmed organizational skills
- Sound analytical skills
go to method of application »
- Responsible for cash transfers to beneficiaries as per ICRC CTP procedures in Nigeria.
- Assist the Logistics CTP Specialist in planning, designing and implementation as well as monitoring and evaluation of the CTP program in line with ICRC operational objectives and strategy set by the Delegation
- Conduct market assessments and prepare analysis in collaboration with Economic Security (EcoSec)
- colleagues, assess the feasibility and appropriateness of CTP within the range of other possible options to meet identified needs
- Provide support in the selection process of financial service providers adhering ICRC standard procurement procedures
- Prepare documents and process payments to Finance and Administration allowing them ample time to make transfers
- Bachelor Degree, Associate Degree or equivalent higher education degree in administration, logistics, purchasing or similar field
- Additional vocational training in administration, logistics or purchasing, Humanitarian Cash Transfers
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Cash Transfer Program, distributions, logistics, purchasing, administration or similar position in commercial or humanitarian sector
- Advanced command of written and spoken English
- Knowledge of local languages (Hausa, Pidgin, etc.) is an asset
- Literate in Microsoft office and experienced internet user
- Good knowledge of the Procurement and Control Systems, CTP, local markets & assessments and relevant financial service providers
- Flexibility to adapt to new situations
- Willingness to learn
- Responsibility and Autonomy
- Honest and Trustworthy
- Very good negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to express views and ideas
- Attention to detail
- Team player within and out with the logistics department
- Capacity to integrate the ICRC logistic CTP procedures
go to method of application »
- Provides help and support to medical storekeepers in reception, storage, preparation and shipment of medical goods
- Control the authorization to enter the medical warehouse of all personnel
- Report any damages or need for repairs to the Warehouse Manager
- Report the minimum, maximum and actual room temperature on monitoring sheet twice a day and report immediately to the storekeeper if the temperature falls below or exceed the acceptable temperature range.
- Help the storekeepers to put goods into stock (separately according to batch number, expiry date and
- Purchase Order reference (number)) together with the respective Bin Cards
- Participate in complete entry inspection of the parcels (quantity, general conditions).
- Minimum of Secondary education
- Proficient Hausa language and good oral and written English knowledge
- 2 years of experience in similar field
- Medical knowledge is an asset
- Sense of organization
- Rigor and methodical
go to method of application »
- Provides support to the Protection activities, by ensuring a proper management of data related to Re- establishment of Family Links (RFL).
- Management of individual data resulting from Restoring Family Links activities in Nigeria and neighbouring countries, mainly through the ICRC database
- Verifies, inputs and analyses data related to Restoring Family Links activities in a timely and accurate manner.
- Follows up with the sites in Nigeria or neighbouring delegations to ensure that needed information is collected / shared with the data management team for updating purposes
- Organizes and follows up the filing arrangements of general tracing individual files, including the re-arranging of the contents of the filing cabinets when it is necessary
- Distributes related correspondences and files the dispatch forms and some other documents in the bordereau and Chrono in respectively.
- Diploma in IT, DB operation, secretariat or accounting
- Two years work experience in a similar field
- Excellent command of written and spoken English; (knowledge of Hausa and French is an asset)
- Good computer skills: knowledge in Excel, Word, if possible PowerPoint
- Good knowledge of Nigerian geography
- Good knowledge of tracing procedures
- Methodical person
- Meticulous and with attention to details
- Capacity to work in a team
- Good inter-personal skills: ability to deal with people respectfully and showing empathy towards others
- Committed to work and able to work under supervision or independently as required
- Able to work under pressure; flexible and open to extra working hours if necessary.
- Capacity to learn and to adapt to new work methods
- Discretion, self-control
go to method of application »
- Responsible for the analysis and monitoring of identified protection concerns
- Writes reports related to field visits and follows-up on meetings with interlocutors/communities on protection issues.
- In collaboration with other departments and under the supervision of the Head of Sub Delegation, helps develop and implement the future Community Based Protection strategy.
- Actively contributes to better understanding of humanitarian consequences related to urban violence and/or
- Other Situations of Violence and further assess the impact of such consequences on affected communities and individuals.
- In collaboration with the Health department engages relevant state ministries and other health related interlocutors in bringing about awareness in Health Care in Danger initiatives
- Manages the filing of the Protection office
- Develops and manages statistics on protection related files for the Niger Delta area of responsibility
- University degree in Social Sciences or related field
- 3 years of professional experience in humanitarian, human rights and/or civil society organizations.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English. Knowledge of local languages of Niger Delta is an asset.
- Good knowledge of social programs of state, federal, NGO and International institutions in Nigeria.
- Excellent computer skills and research.
- Good geographical knowledge of the assigned environment.
- Committed to the principle of neutrality, impartiality and independence while carrying out institutional duties.
- Organized, methodical and flexible personality with strong humanitarian motivation who enjoys working in a team environment.
- Has a strong sense of empathy.
- Ability to work independently with excellent analytical skills and the ability to travel in all parts of the country
go to method of application »
- Ensures that casualties during emergencies receive a timely, impartial and effective immediate assistance by responders acting in security, guided by basic humanitarian values and principles, and part of an effective emergency response system adapted to needs and local realities
- Facilitate the implementation of the ICRC/NRCS First Aid program in Rivers, Delta, Bayelsa, Enugu and
- Anambra states in line with the developed frame including financial and security stipulations
- Contribute to the identification of the beneficiaries and the values ICRC can add to improve the emergency response from the scenes of the emergency till the referral further care
- Implement, monitor and evaluate references and activities according to objectives, plans of actions and resources available
- Actively participates in the planning and overall implementation of the First Aid activities including the monitoring and follow-up.
- Provides written reports with recommendations following all First Aid training programs.
- Strong knowledge in First Aid or health degree
- 3-4 years professional experience in similar field activity
- Ability to create a focused learning environment at all levels and to adapt teaching to different audiences
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Good computer skills, good command of standard software and knowledge of internet search
- Good knowledge of geographically assigned environment
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work
- Solid communication skills as the position involves teaching First Aid skills to different audiences as well as communication with community members and leaders, National Society members and other stakeholders.
- Solution and objective oriented, organized, methodical and flexible personality, ability to work independently and within a team, very good analytical skills
- Ability to travel in all parts of the country
- Ability to work under pressure and in a hazardous environment
- Good analytical skills
- Capacity to apply ICRC rules and procedures
Method of Application
Persons interested and qualified should send application letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to
Please clearly indicate the job title as the subject of your application
(Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 27.01.2017, 16:30 hr. Late application will not be considered
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.