If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Marie Stopes International (MSION), is a results-orientated Social Business, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services. MSION's goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services. MSION is part of Marie Stopes International's Global Partnership which is in over 42 countries worldwide.
About this Role
- This role reports to Assistant Director Operations and provides strategic coordination to MSION on all matters relating to leadership and management of fast growing Public Sector Support(PSS) Channel in the delivery of MSION’s strategic goals. S/he coordinates oversight of the successful delivery of work setting and meeting ambitious CYP targets, delivering and reporting against all PSS commitments.
- The post is part of the Operations Team which aims to deliver programmes of high impact across the majority of Nigeria’s states using five integrated channels of intervention: Social Franchise, MS Ladies, PSS, Centre and Outreach. Within this team the PSS Channel Lead uses his or her excellent understanding of the model to realize a successful programme, complementary to interventions in other channels and reaching high numbers of couples.
- The post holder is required to demonstrate: initiative; energy; persistence; results orientation; drive; integrity and discretion; enthusiasm; and commitment to personal development in the excellent delivery of work against these responsibilities.
Key duties in relation to the responsibilities
- Leading TSS channel growth using MSI’s Success Model
- Ensure quality: Ensure full compliance with the MSI Significant Involvement Policy as per the approved application
- Define strategy: Using the new MSI strategic framework for Public Sector Support, map current and future activities to show strengthening of the health system
- Segment & refocus: Segment the PSS providers based on service volumes and growth potential to best direct your investment in quality improvement
- Lead and support teams in performance management
- Provide strategic leadership on demand creation
- Strategic coordination of the TSS channel for targeted growth and impact through increased CYPs
- Continuous analysis of the situation in which TSS performs and the programme model needed.
- Identification of opportunities and threats for TSS intervention given Nigeria’s context for FP and PAC
- Analysis of MSION’s strengths and weaknesses in responding to developing context and needs
- Active networking to identify allies and partners for increased impact and innovative ways of working
- Regular presentation to AD Operations on developing thinking and plans based on analysis of results data and team management
- Strategic plans
- Presentations and agreements
- Contract obligations met
- QTA scores
Highly motivated, cost effective and high performing PSS delivery teams - Activities include:
- Recruitment of teams in line with funding and competencies
- Design of org charts to ensure clear team purpose and roles
- Team targets and management with clear accountabilities
- Team development and training
- Individual performance oversight
- Outreach team work-planning in collaboration with teams and partners with the objective to use resources in most efficient manner and maximize results while maintaining quality
- Collection and analysis of monthly results and response to issues arising
- Be focal point for all outreach teams, report issues to appropriate channels
- Org charts communicated
- Team dashboard
- Team targets communicated and tracked
- Perf +
- Monthly performance report against dashboard
Representation and oversight of the performance of the channel to donors, key national and international stakeholders - Activities include:
- Maintain an updated database of key NHS persons and other partners
- Regularly provide project updates to Health management teams at the regions and districts
- Ensure formal communications with the various partners are properly documented
- Manage external visits and media interest in Outreach and TSS programming
- At-least first degree in communication, public health or related discipline required
- At least five years post NYSC experience in INGO
- Experience in USAID / DFiD/BMGF or other donor funded projects an asset
- Experience in project management
- Proven excellent technical oral, written, and editing abilities
- Ability to present and write for multiple audiences
- Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work well with others in team environments
- Must be able to satisfy stakeholders
- Should be able to work in deadline driven/results orientated atmospheres
- Strong people management skills
- Strategic guidance and planning skills
- Report writing
Attitude / Motivation:
- Motivated personally and professionally to develop
- Willingness to travel as requested
go to method of application »
- The Laboratory Scientist will be responsible for providing high quality laboratory services that meet the needs of all clients visiting the clinic.
- He/she will be responsible for collecting and analysing body fluids, tissue and other substances to determine normal or abnormal findings using sophisticated equipment and instruments to identify the results.
- This involves processing laboratory tests that doctors count on to correctly diagnose and treat patients.
- Create a friendly, professional and efficient atmosphere for all clients and visitors to the laboratory to ensure client satisfaction at all times.
- Maintain laboratory equipment (including calibration) in a proper working condition and prompt report of any malfunction to the centre coordinator.
- Keep record of stock, perform forecasts and ensure reagents and other laboratory consumable do not fall below minimum level
- Perform regular Quality control on laboratory reagents after supply and before use
- Ensure specimen are obtained in the appropriate manner
- Provide timely and accurate result
- Ensure cervical smear specimens are stored and packaged correctly for transportation to the approved cytology/pathology laboratory
- Maintain accurate records of all tests performed and the result of such tests
- Assist to provide counselling on core MSION Clinical services in the Laboratory.
- Able to sign off on a lab results and take responsibility when there is an error in diagnosis
- Liaise appropriately with the Council of Medical Laboratory Sciences of Nigeria and other relevant regulatory bodies during routine or periodic visits and assessments for QC standards
- Carry out any other lawful duties assigned by the Centre Coordinator.
Qualifications & Experience
- Must have a recognised clinical qualification in Medical Laboratory Science.
- Must be registered with a recognised local clinical professional body in Nigeria and of good standing
- MUST be licenced and have a valid practicing licence
- Must have requisite experience to work with minimum supervision
- At least 1 year post-graduation experience working in a similar role [ESSENTIAL]
- Experience of working in a clinical environment [ESSENTIAL]
- Outstanding computer skills (Microsoft Word, excel, power point). [ESSENTIAL]
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CVs and suitability statement as a single attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org the subject of the email should be the POSITION TITLE/LOCATION and the CV/Suitability statement should be saved in the applicant’s full name.
- Shortlisting will start as soon as we start receiving applications and deadline might be changed without prior notice
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- MSION is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to achieving gender balance within the organization. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.