International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, non-profit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training, relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, non-political, non-sectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations.
IMC has been operating in Nigeria since November 2013. It currently has its country office in Abuja and field offices in Kano, Sokoto and Maiduguri where it is implementing emergency Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) projects, building capacity of local health systems and structures, ensuring the provision of quality, accessible Nutrition and Health Care for Children under five years of age.
- The Logistics Officers will be based in Maiduguri and Sokoto respectively and would be responsible for facilitating procurement and logistics aspects of International Medical Corps’ operations.
- Working closely with Program, Administration and Finance, he/She will be instrumental in supporting program activities by ensuring effective and efficient service delivery to the programme team.
- Provide supervisor with needed support for delivery and implementation of all logistics support systems according to IMC Logistics policies and procedures.
- Assist supervisor with local market surveys, to gain knowledge of the availability and price of local goods.
- Assist supervisor on engagement with freight forwarding agencies, freight handling/clearance agents, and local Customs, to ensure that cargo is managed at all points of the supply chain.
- Assist with the proactive tracking of all supplies, equipment, material and food in transit, through its receipt, storage, and onward distribution channels
- Assist with the timely reporting on stock status, planning of stock replenishment and verify that distribution has occurred according to donors’ and IMC policy and procedures
- Assist with ensuring that the usage of fuel is correctly managed and recorded.
- Establish effective communication in line with IMC communication protocols on security matters that affect logistics
- Be flexible and manage time accordingly, be prepared to tackle other tasks commensurate with role, and level of experience, at short notice.
- Degree in Business Administration or a relevant field is desired.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in procurement and logistics departments of governmental, non-governmental or commercial organization.
- An experience in large scale supply chain management preferably Humanitarian Logistics
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel.
- Excellent oral and written English skills. Understanding of local Language( Hausa) is mandatory
- High computer skills. Must be excellent in the use MS Office programs, especially in MS Excel.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action.
- Ability to speak Hausa is an added advantage
go to method of application »
- The Logistics Assistants based in Maiduguri and Sokoto will support the Logistics Officers in their various field offices, following-up the receipt, storage, accounting and reporting of all items received, dispatched and stored in the warehouse(s) in collaboration with his/her line Supervisor, the post holder will manage inventory of all equipment and stocks.
- He/She will generally provide backup Logistics functions and support to programme delivery for IMC Nigeria.
- Assist in managing daily transport movement of staff and movement tracking
- Assist in the preparation of requests for internal purchases
- Assist the Logistics Officer in distributing RFQs and POs and collection of quotation
- Assist the Logistics Officer in following up with Vendors, Suppliers and Contractors.
- Manage Warehouse and update all records as may be required (BIN Card, Stock Card, Stock Issue form, Waybills, Dispatch Notes) etc.
- Assist with logistics filing system and procurement documentations such other duties, properly assigned, as may be occasioned by the exigencies of the service
- B.Sc in Business Administration or any other equivalent education
- Computer literacy (Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office)
- 2 years logistics or procurement work experience
- Highly motivated, and flexible.
- Previous experience working with local or international NGO
- Good interpersonal skills
- Experience in store/warehouse management is desired
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
- Understanding of local Language( Hausa) is mandatory
Method of Application
Applicants should direct all applications to the "Human Resource Officer, International Medical Corps" via the email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Candidates MUST state the position that they are applying for as the subject of their email, otherwise applications will not be considered
- Application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document
- Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted