Latest Job Positions at the ICRC
Posted on: 16 March, 2016
Deadline: 25 March, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at ICRC - International Committee of
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below.The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below.
- Assists the Water and Habitat in Detention Delegate in running Water and Habitat projects in places of detention, within the overall planning and strategy of the Detention action in Nigeria.
- Prepares technical assessment of construction (buildings, kitchen, warehouse etc.) and reports through technical notes (detailed estimates and drawings).
- Organises and conducts field trips to detention places all over Nigeria, in coordination with Detention colleagues in Abuja and in the field.
- Collects, analyses and reports information on the water, habitat and hygiene situation in detention places to the Water and Habitat in Detention delegate.
- Elaborates written reporting on the activities and contributes to the internal reporting procedure.
- Maintains contact with contractors, and interlocutors within the technical departments of the Nigeria Prisons Services
- Ensures close supervision and monitoring of the implementation of engineering projects
- Masters degree in construction, preferably in civil engineering
- Additional degrees / experience in providing training in water, sanitation and hygiene is an asset
- Proven skills and experience in design of infrastructure and drawing of plans (familiar with CAD, Sketch-up or similar software)
- Very good command of English, written and spoken
- Good computer skills and good command of standard Microsoft Office tools.
- Driving license.
- 3 - 4 years professional experience in the field of construction
- Good interpersonal, communication (oral and written), and presentation skills
- Ability to work in places of detention across the whole country.
- Flexible, motivated and reliable self-starter personality, good sense of responsibility and organization, ability to travel in all parts of the country up to several weeks at a time
go to method of application »
- Receives incoming calls, centralizes incoming and outgoing internal mail (pouch).
- Manages office stationery; supervises office catering
- Follows accommodation issues and relations with hotels in the whole sub-delegation
- Supervises the activities of gardeners and the house staff
- Oversee the maintenance of office premises and residences
- Prepares accounting documents for booking by the administrative assistant in the absence of the cashier
- Organizes visitors’ stay in Jos (accommodation, pick up)
- Executes all administrative duties as assigned by the Administrative Assistant and/or Finance & Administration Manager
Minimum required knowledge & experience:
- Secondary education
- 2 years work experience in a similar field
- Knowledge of socio and economic environment of the Middle Belt
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Very good computer skills
- Discrete and reliable person
- Sense of organisation
- Rigor and methodological
Method of Application
Persons interested and qualified should send application letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to
Please clearly indicate the position title, EG; “WatHab Engineer (Detention)" as the subject of your application. (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 25.03.2016. Late application will not be considered
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information about the ICRC, please visit our website www.icrc.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about ICRC - International Committee of the Red CrossSimilar Jobs
- Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at Action Against Hunger
- Job Vacancies at The Youth Initiative for Advocacy, Growth & Advancement (YIAGA)
- Steering Committee Member at Adam Smith International (ASI)
- Job Vacancies at The United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- M&E Assistant at the Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
- Stabilization Care Officers at Action Against Hunger
- Job Opening at Creative Associates International
- Graduate M&E Intern - ISING at Mercy Corps Nigeria