The MacTay Group, is a leading consulting company with its sole aim to nurture and improve growth in people and establishments by offering strategic and operations consulting services.
The Financial Control position is accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
Principal accountabilities are:
- Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Develop financial and tax strategies
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
- Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
- Manage the accounting, human resources, investor relations, legal, tax, and treasury departments
- Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies and foreign operations
- Manage any third parties to which functions have been outsourced
- Oversee the company's transaction processing systems
- Implement operational best practices
- Oversee employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package
- Supervise acquisition due diligence and negotiate acquisitions
- Oversee the issuance of financial information
- Personally review and approve all Form 8-K, 10-K, and 10-Q filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission
- Report financial results to the board of directors
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Report risk issues to the audit committee of the board of directors
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
- Arrange for debt and equity financing
- Serve as an advisory function in the area of wealth creation for the Group.
- Develop on investment strategies for the Group
- Participate in conference calls with the investment community
- Maintain banking relationships
- Represent the company with investment bankers and investors
- Master's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation.
- Experience in partnering with an executive team, and have a high level of written and oral communication skills. Preference will be given to candidates with an MBA in Finance and the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations.
- Working knowledge of SAP and other financial software is highly desirable.
go to method of application »
- To lead and be responsible for the monthly reporting for these areas, income and expenditure, ensuring that information produced is robust, accurate and owned by appropriate individuals.
- To support the Head of Financial Management and Junior Accountants with the development and implementation of the Group’s medium to long term strategy.
- To be responsible for the management and development of a team of Junior Accountants and reconciliation officers.
- To support the Head of Financial Management in the delivery of corporate tasks and objectives, assuming responsibility for the delivery of a range of tasks.
- To manage and develop Junior Accountants within the team, providing leadership as well as the setting of appropriate objectives. To identify gaps in the knowledge of team members and to put in place training systems and processes to ensure these are closed so the entire team can operate as an effective unit, providing the highest level of support to this post and to its customers.
- To identify opportunities for information or quality improvements within the wider Financial Management team, supporting the Head of Financial Management to ensure every opportunity is taken to develop and enhance the provision of an expert Financial Management service to the Group.
- To provide a high quality financial management reporting service with a focus on identifying trends, risks and opportunities, communicating these to senior finance staff, corporate department management teams and to the executive team in such a way that its use informs management decision making.
- To attend key meetings to lead discussions on the financial performance of all corporate departments.
- To develop robust forecasting systems and models, in association with financial planning, clinical services, information services and service level agreement teams. To ensure these systems are monitored for accuracy and assumptions are challenged with appropriate individuals to ensure that information presented is robust, accurate, deliverable and owned by relevant individuals.
- To lead on the development and assessment of corporate wide cost improvement schemes, working with managers and clinicians to carry out financial and activity modeling.
- To support the Head of Financial Management with the development and enhancement of reporting and tracking systems.
- To support the Finance Managers and Junior Accountants in the modeling of activity, income and expenditure in relation to complex business case developments and funding proposals, both internal and external to the Group.
- To lead the overall annual business planning and budget setting process for corporate departments within the portfolio and to support the Junior Accountants in delivering required tasks for their designated areas.
- To lead the overall use of service line reporting and patient level cost information within the portfolio of units. To support Finance Managers, Junior Accountants and clinical unit managers and clinicians in understanding the detail behind this information, in identifying opportunities and in using this information to influence decision making.
- To support the Finance Manager - Reporting, and other Finance Managers and Junior Accountants within the team to ensure service line reporting and patient level cost information is accurate and robust, and to support them with the development and reporting of this information.
- To support, Junior Accountants, departmental and line managers in understanding their income position, and in the identification and implementation of income maximization opportunities.
- To work with all corporate departments to benchmark their services from financial and non-financial perspectives and to develop reporting mechanisms to monitor and assess relative performance.
- To work extensively with the financial accounting, systems and capital teams as required in order for these areas to carry out their responsibilities.
- To lead on assigned on trust wide corporate projects
- To lead on finance wide projects
- To work with other finance departments and corporate services to identify opportunities for improvement and enhancement within financial processes and to lead on the implementation of required changes.
- To deputize for the Head of Financial Management as appropriate, requiring a wide understanding of the main issues affecting the Trust and interrelated links.
- To be responsible for the personal and professional development of Finance Managers and Junior Accountants in the team.
- To be responsible for the setting of objectives for staff in the team and the assessment of those objectives through the personal development review (PDR) processes.
- To be responsible for the recruitment and selection of staff.
- To be responsible for the effective management of the performance of staff in the team.
- To assist in the development of staff in the wider Financial Management team to meet the changing requirements of the Group.
- To maintain the integrity of the Group’s financial systems, procedures and reports.
- To maintain professional standards within the Financial Management team.
- To ensure that all financial policies and procedures are adhered to.
- To deputise for the Head of Financial Management as required.
- Any other duties as may be required by the Head of Financial Management and Managing Director.
- To undertake Continuing Professional Development (CPD) in line with the relevant institute requirements.
- The candidate should have relevant qualification in accounting or business administration, and equivalent business experience and 5+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to set priorities, complete work with minimal supervision, and meet deadlines.
- Good knowledge of GAPP, IAS, SAS and IFRS.
- Experience in SAP or ORACLE preferred.
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills.
- Advanced PC skills, particularly knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel software.
- Excellent communication skills, with fluency (spoken and written) in English.
- An interest in conservation.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, go to Mactay's Career Site on Workable
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.