EHAI has been engaged by The West African Infectious Diseases Institute (WAIDI) on behalf of The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) for the implementation of this Operational Research and is focusing on Prevention of mother to child transmission PMTCT and key affected Population (KAPs) in Southern Nigeria.
Reporting to the Head, Strategic Knowledge Management, He/She will coordinate implementation of Strategic Information activities related to the WAIIDI project and determine project plans, timelines, or technical objectives for statistical aspects of all research protocols and grants applications.
Duties and responsibilities: This position will carry out the following functions in the organization:
- Work with the grant writing and research team of the organization to develop research proposals and grant applications for submission to external bodies
- Determine project plans, timelines, or technical objectives for statistical aspects of all research protocols and grants applications.
- Analysis and interpretation of all programmatic and research data using statistical approaches such as longitudinal analysis, mixed effect modeling, logistic regression analyses, and model building techniques etc.
- Design and maintain databases for all programmatic and research data in the organization
- Development of research tools
- Prepare statistical data for inclusion in reports to funders and for publications
- Work with the research team on preparation of all manuscripts
- Read current literature, attend meetings or conferences, and talk with colleagues to keep abreast of methodological or conceptual developments in fields such as biostatistics and public health
- A University degree in any of the following or related fields: statistics and epidemiology, natural, medical or social sciences. Minimum of one year working experience
- Degrees in public health (B.Sc. or MPH) will be an advantage. Experience in public health research is highly desirable
- Experience in computer use, data collection, processing and use
- Experience in data management in HIV programming and/or research project
- Proven proficiency in statistical packages (e.g. SPSS, STATA, EPI –INFO) and Microsoft packages (particularly Access)
- Experience with HIV/AIDS programs or related health service programs; experience working with HIV/AIDS prevention
- Experience with the PEPFAR/ Global Funds SI system highly desirable.
- Experience in Quality Improvement in HIV care is an added advantage
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation practices, methods, tools and guidelines
- Basic data management and analysis skills
- Must have the ability to obtain, analyze, organize and interpret data and present findings in both oral and written form
- Report writing and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office especially Excel and Access
- Team player with ability to work with minimum supervision
- Be willing to undertake regular field visits and interact with different stakeholders, especially primary stakeholders
go to method of application »
To ensure continued improvement in the quality of services we provide to our clients, we are conducting a research on 1.TBAs and the impact on PMTCT in Ogun, Edo and Enugu states respectively. 2. Female Sex Workers and Access to HIV Counseling and Testing (HCT) and Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI) Management Services in Lagos State South West Nigeria. We therefore require the services of resourceful and experienced fresh graduates for a short term position as Research Assistants (RAs).
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION: Temporary Research Assistants
OPENING DATE: August 3, 2015
CLOSING DATE: August 17, 2015
WORK HOURS: 8:00am to 5.00pm daily (Monday to Friday)
DURATION: 5 months
RENUMERATION: Payment will be made monthly to all selected RAs in line with our terms of engagement.
BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
The RAs are to undergo a three day training and practicum after which they are to be stationed in a given health care facility in Lagos, Ogun, Edo and Enugu State for the entire duration of the study. RAs are expected to:
- Work in assigned facilities to interview selected facility staff using well-structured questionnaires.
- Conduct chart abstraction in line with the assessment guidelines
- Track clients identified during the abstraction to other facilities.
- Analysis of programmatic and research data
- Formulation of research tools
- Writing of study protocols
NOTE: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
- Fresh graduates/NYSC members in biological sciences, medical sciences or related fields.
- Knowledge of TBHIV program and research work will be an added advantage.
- Good computer skills.
- Must be based and familiar with the respective Local Government Council within Lagos, Ogun, Edo and Enugu State.
- Must be willing to work in assigned facilities.
- Good communication skills.
- Prior experience in Research interview.
Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for a written and oral interview.
Method of Application
Opening Date: 3rd August, 2015
Closing Date: 17th August, 2015
Method of Application for Biostatistician
- Application letter and detailed curriculum vitae in Microsoft word format should be forwarded to the Head of Human Resources through this email address: email@example.com
- Candidates should indicate appropriate positions in their application letter.
Method of Application for Temporary Research Assistants
- A type-written application letter specifically applying for this position. Please Indicate the Job title and preferred location on the application letter and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above should also be submitted along with the application letter to the email above.
EHAI is an equal opportunity employer.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale