Greensprings School, an international co-educational institution comprising of Primary and Secondary schools situated in both Anthony and Lekki areas of Lagos is requiring a male/female graduate with strong analytical skills, I.T skills, good numeracy skills and excellent interpersonal skills to fill in for the position of an Accountant for both Lekki and Anthony Campuses.
• Reviews and adjusts general ledgers and subsidiary ledgers including cash receipts, fixed assets, cash disbursements, accounts receivable.
• Monitor investments
• Generate accurate and timely reports for management.
• Coordinate consolidated account reconciliations
• Liaise with both Internal & External Auditors
• Assists in preparation of consolidated budget
• Checking of consolidated organisation data entries for accuracy
• Checking & confirming adequate support journals for approval
• Preparation of monthly financial reports for CFO’s review
• Analyzes and summarizes reasons for monthly and annual consolidated budget variances.
• Provides inputs for development of improved accounting controls and procedures.
• Ensures all taxation and legislative requirements are complied with at all times.
• Preparation of management accounts for presentation to the Board of Directors
• Supervision of Reconciliation, Fixed assets and stock officers.
• Attends to tax issues affecting the company transactions.
• Preparation of amortisation schedule for facilities secured by the company.
• Other tasks as assigned by the Chief Finance Officer.
Relevant Work Experience:
Required Competency and Work Skills:
o Effective use of information system, instruments and financial reporting tools in modelling a financial control environment
o Good technical skills and understanding of IFRS
o Good oral and written communication skills
o Good interpersonal skills
o Ability to think rationally and logically
o Must be a highly organized strategic planner
o Strong IT skills with good knowledge of SAGE ERP, SAP etc
The responsibilities and essential duties performed on a frequent and recurring basis by the Head: Account includes but not limited to the following:
SCHOOL FEES FUNCTION
Direct supervision of Account Receivable in order to provide accurate data for management use by:
• Ensure timely generation of accurate school bills for all students
• Ensure regular update Students’ Records as and when due
• Responsible for accurate billing summary at the beginning of each term
• Liaising with parents regarding school fee payments.
• Assist in the preparation of installment plans, fee calculations and statements.
• Regular follow up on overdue accounts
• Assist DFA in prompt collection of fees, donations and other approved receivables and
issuance of receipt.
• Ensure timely preparation of report of fees and extract the outstanding fees
• Prepare school fees reconciliation statement on monthly, term & annual basis
• Liaise with school office and provide weekly report on students population
• Any other fee function assigned by DFA
• Preparation of weekly cash flow statements for school fund.
• Preparation of weekly cash receipts schedule.
• Petty Cash Reimbursement Function.
• Bank Imprest Reimbursement Function
• Bank Reconciliation Function - ensure up to date reconciliation
• Monthly review of bank reconciliation and submission of same for approval
• Maintenance of Other School Activities Funds
• Maintenance of the Students Pocket Money Account & maintaining the cash books.
• Any other treasury tasks assigned by DFA
• Involved in the school day-to-day running expense decisions
• Prepare the school’s financial statements.
• Review of transaction forms before posting to ensure accuracy of coding
• Reviews and adjusts general ledgers and subsidiary ledgers including cash receipts, cash disbursements, and accounts receivable.
• Generates accurate and timely reports for management.
• Supervise Finance & Accounts Staff and ensure compliance with accounting policies &procedures
• Coordinate Account Reconciliations
• Liaise with Internal Auditors
• Attend to tax & pension matters and follow up on statutory deduction and remittances
• Ensures proper compilation, posting and coding of vouchers
• Assists in preparation of budget for the school by collation school budget data and providing same as input for the cost Accountant
• Analyze and summarize reasons for school’s monthly & annual budget variances.
• Participates in the preparation of consolidated financial reports.
• Manages the supervision and evaluation of assigned employees.
• Provide inputs for development of improved accounting controls and procedures.
• Other tasks as assigned by the DFA
Relevant Work Experience:
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Experience in the finance function (accounting, budgeting, control, and reporting) Working knowledge of budgeting, planning, management
• Knowledge of Financial management systems, accounting policies and standards; tax management.
• Strong working knowledge of Excel
• Extensive skill using accounting software and corporate dashboard technologies
• Strong presentation and financial modeling skills
• An effective communicator at all levels in the organization, with strong oral and written skills
• Strong values and high standards of ethics, integrity and trust
• Problem solving skills
• Team building skills and ability to delegate effectively.
• A customer focused approach to dealing with internal and external stakeholders.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Interested and qualified applicants should please their CVs to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org