GRM is a leading international development management company specialising in the provision of project design, management expertise and technical assistance to development projects for bilateral and multilateral funding agencies, governments and corporations. We have nearly 50 years of development experience, managing in excess of 800 projects in more than 120 countries for private, government, bilateral and multilateral clients.
Director of Finance and Administration
Palladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organizations. We create positive impact through more than 100 current projects with more than 2000 employees operating in over 90 counties.We are currently seeking a Director of Finance and Administration, for an upcoming USAID-funded reproductive health, and maternal, new born, and child health (RMNCH) project in Nigeria.
The Director of Finance and Administration will provide day-to-day financial management and accounting for the Nigeria Program.. Successful candidate should be a qualified accountant or financial analyst, have experience financially managing large, programs, have demonstrated capabilities with budgeting, forecasting, client reporting, chart of accounts, and excellent communicator.
- Prepares and tracks the project budget and budget projections.
- Reviews vouchers and payment requests, including proper back-up documentation to ensure compliance with Palladium policies and procedures and USAID rules and regulations.
- Manages procurement of project supplies, services, and other items in accordance with USAID rules and regulations; ensures that project assets are properly labeled, inventoried, maintained and disposed of as necessary.
- Ensures timely payments to staff, consultants, and vendors.
- Manages reporting and audit requirements as required.
- Produces timely client reporting and responds to ad hoc requests when necessary.
- Maintains complete, accurate and timely financial records in compliance with USAID and Palladium policies and procedures; prepares and submits monthly financial reports as directed by Palladium headquarters in timely manner
- Tracks USAID funding by fiscal year and activity.
- Ensures that funds are available to support timely payment of all project and operations costs.
- Manages project bank accounts, reconciles monthly accounts and bank statements.
Minimum education and experience required
- 7-10 years of accounting/financial analysis experience, business leadership, US public company reporting, and International experience.
- Experience in audit and a financial control system, together with strong financial analysis experience is essential.
- International Development experience ideally including developing country experience.
- Demonstrated capabilities in financial management and reporting systems.
- IT skills and knowledge of financial reporting systems
- Strong analytical skills and excellent time management.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Familiarity with Deltek Costpoint accounting system
- Fluent English, with excellent writing and interpersonal skills to train others is a must.
- BS in Finance/Accounting (CPA/CMA or MBA preferred)
Key competencies and professional expertise required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work effectively with a diverse team.
- Experience in managing the accounting and financial component of large donor-funded projects, including setting up the accounting and finance function for large restricted fund
- USAID funded project experience.
- Computer literacy in the following: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Fluency in English required; fluency in Hausa preferred.
- Willingness to travel extensively, and potentially live in northern Nigeria.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click on preferred job titles to apply online.