Our client, a leading telecommunication company seeks to fill the position of an Operations Manager.
To ensure smooth operation of various processes that contribute to the production of the organisation’s services.
· Develop effective operational systems, processes and polices in support of the organization’s vision;
· Develop detailed plans in support of approved strategies, organizing required resources, monitoring and periodically reporting progress of plans;
· Continuously strive to improve processes, procedures to heighten productivity, timeliness and quality;
· Direct and provide a strategic framework for product managers to develop and manage new 3rd party relationships, contracts, data services/features, content and application portals and messaging products;
· Perform market research and analysis, design product, content and channels;
· Develop and sustain parameters for service tracking and communication to clients (e.g. outgoing technical reports, SDD, logs performance analysis)
· Assist in the development of proposals for new services and platforms to clients;
· Propose optimization of existing and new services;
· Provide performance data to support management decision-making;
· Evaluation and acceptance of new hardware and service deployed on VAS platforms;
· Drive product and service delivery across the organisation by agreeing and setting goals;
· Support effective management reporting, information dissemination, business process and organizational planning;
· Ensure full integration of quality management processes and their effective deployment on a day-to-day basis;
· Supervise service and subscriber migrations on VAS platforms;
· Organize documentation and handover of any new services to Business Development;
· Act as a liaison between networks and all departments;
· Ensure VAS services are implemented within allocated budgets;
· Keep up to date on VAS services and capabilities across all networks;
· Keep abreast with technological advancement within the VAS industry;
· Identify training and development needs of team members and manage skills enhancement programmes for the team to ensure targets are met;
· Manage team boundaries and allocate resources between teams for an effective work load balance;
· Set clear objectives and guide team members to achieve targets and performance standards;
· Use relevant metrics and measures to routinely monitor progress against targets and take appropriate managerial action to ensure targets are met or exceeded;
· Structure and negotiate supplier partnership agreements;
· Manage Vendors, negotiate and monitor SLAs;
· Meet with the Business Development and Customer Service teams on a regular basis to identify the list of new client requirements, assess operational performance and review any identified opportunities and challenges;
· Carryout Monthly/quarterly reviews with clients;
· Perform other assigned duties as delegated from time to time.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in VAS industry.
· Minimum of a Second Class Upper Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent.
· Experience and certification in Project Management (PMI, Prince2 or APM) would be an advantage
· MBA Preferred
· Experience in managing crisis
· Strong background and work experience in Telecommunications and Consultancy
· A commitment to high professional ethical standards working in a diverse workplace;
· Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
· Knowledge of business and management principles and practices
· Experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management implementing best practices;
· Knowledge of project management principles and practices
· Good leadership with vision in managing a diverse group of staff and major project initiatives across the organization.
· Experience in deploying and optimizing VAS systems for multiple vendors, and interaction with Marketing, and IT departments
· Experience in Operation and Maintenance of all VAS platforms and charging systems including the deployment of new services;
· Has a passion for efficiency through continuous improvement. Thrives on managing competing priorities
· Conceptualize, design and monitor procedures to manage all VAS & IN platforms; preparation/ analysis of Logs (Short codes, SMS, Downloads, etc.)
· Develop mobile and web applications
· Develop documentation process and procedures for managing VAS network and provide the necessary information required for implementation
· Planning/ implementation of systems and network checklists- perform engineering level network planning and design for all WANS and LANs installed
· Develop a global security plan to ensure safety of data and access to the platform
· Deploy new products and services
· Manage all IS infrastructure and security as well as implementation of network upgrades
· Ensure systems/ servers are always up, running and backed up
· Liaise with technical partners on interface issues with the telecommunication networks
· Participate in vendor selection process including: requirements gathering, RFQ issuance, vendor evaluation, procurement, etc.
· Ensure 24/7 service availability of mobile media content and infrastructure
· Ensure that all Service Level Agreements are in place and adhered to by technical services team to the business.
· Conduct ongoing reviews of and changes to network and other hardware facilities with little negative impact on the user community.
· Identify and implement any necessary changes or upgrades.
· Provide new services/solutions according to marketing requirements after inspection for availability with the current network structure and standards
· Exploit new technologies and keep abreast of all new developments in the field of networking and communication.
· Very strong technical background with a flair for technology management; minimum of 5 years’ experience in VAS solutions.
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/ Electronic Engineering/ Technology related field.
· Familiar with VAS equipment and platforms (exposure to the Simplewire / Open Market gateway an added advantage)
· Familiar with telecommunication technology architecture
· Microsoft IIS and ASP.NET; Web/ Internet content filtering
Competencies for the IT Manager
· Stakeholder- relationship management skills
· Planning, analytical and project management skills
· Domain name (E-mail and website) service configuration and management.
· Network Optimisation: High speed Local Area Networks based on Ethernet and fast Ethernet technologies, Local to Wide Area network connections, TCP/IP and other protocols, Wireless LAN.
· Programming skills (Visual basic and/or Java).
· Antivirus management and firewall configuration.
· Web/Internet content filtering.
· Operating Systems/Database: Windows XP, Windows Vista and windows server 2008, Red-Hat Linux, Oracle DB, SQL, Java, Php.
· Microsoft Application Suites: Microsoft Office 2010 (English), Microsoft Visio and Microsoft Project.
· Hardware: Administration and setup of Intel / Dell Servers, and PC system with following peripherals: mouse, monitors, multimedia systems, memories and network cards.
· Good communication skills and strong customer – centric focus
To improve the market position and grow profit through attracting new customers and by increasing the revenue generated from existing customers.
· Maintain customer relationships and ensure customer loyalty through excellent customer service
· Maintain regular and effective communication with clients via telephone, face-to-face and written communication
· Maintain a current and accurate knowledge of competitor products, be able to highlight their disadvantages and promote relevant benefits;
· Be able to demonstrate a full knowledge of all company products, relevant selling points and benefits;
· Manage and maintain a sales pipeline and ensure all business development opportunities are followed through to conclusion;
· To ensure efficient and effective operating standards for sales administration, planning and reporting systems;
· Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales;
· Develop strategic sales plans and strategies;
· Identify and target influential people inside the client, customer and third party organisation and build relationships with them;
· Present to and consult with management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels;
· Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet client’s needs, concerns, and objectives;
· Advise Managing Director of client feedback/comments relating to product content and pricing as well as company performance;
· Develop and agree targets, pricing and margins along with the Managing Director and ensure they are met by team;
· Track progress against targets on an ongoing basis and take necessary action with Managing Director to refocus efforts if targets are not being met;
· Communicate new product developments to prospective clients;
· Support mobilisation of new business with agreed handover to Operations;
· Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends;
· Represent the company on business development and sales-related projects and meetings;
· Create client proposals, contracts and any further documentation, following the company’s procedure;
· Maintain, develop and expand the company’s service portfolio range
· Keep abreast of all industry developments and being aware of and responsive to economic trends and government policies;
· Maintain relationships with all product related partners and suppliers and identifying new potential partners/suppliers, as required;
· Performs other assigned duties as delegated from time to time.
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in VAS industry (mobile and web).
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience proven outside direct sales with focus in information technology, telecommunications, Software Development or allied industry.
· Minimum of a Second Class Upper Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Business Administration, Marketing or a technology related field.
· MBA Preferred
· Solid understanding and hands on experience of technology related to the VAS industry.
· Strong knowledge of local industries, employers, and business market.
· Awareness of current trends in the VAS industry.
· Proven experience in developing account penetration and development strategies, and making sales.
· Experience with managing teams to meet objectives.
· Ability to call confidently on the highest-level decision makers in an organization.
· Demonstrate success at working in a fast-paced, highly-competitive, deadline-oriented environment.
· Self-motivated individual who exhibits a sense of urgency in all sales- and service-related activities.
· Exceptional communication, presentation, follow-up, negotiation, and closing skills.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.