SAP - As the world's leading provider of business software*, SAP delivers products and services which help accelerate business innovation for its customers. We believe that doing so will unleash growth and create significant new value – for our customers, SAP, and ultimately, entire industries and the economy at large - making the world a better place for people everywhere.
Today, more than 82,000 customers in more than 120 countries run SAP applications - from distinct solutions addressing the needs of small businesses and midsize companies to suite offerings for global organizations
SAP defines business software as comprising enterprise resource planning, business intelligence and related applications such as supply chain management, customer relationship management, product life-cycle management, and supplier relationship management.
SAP is recruiting to fill the position of:
Ref No: NG-59418184-EN-14-002
- SAP is the global market leader for business software and thus contributes a considerable part of the world's economic power grid. At SAP you get your chance to put your ideas into action with maximum impact. SAP is the global market leader for business software and thus contributes a considerable part of the world's economic power grid. At SAP you get your chance to put your ideas into action with maximum impact.
- The Quality Manager (QM) performs in a customer facing leadership capacity.
- The QM will actively establish trusted relationships with customers, partners and SAP Services to drive customer success, execute proactive quality management programs such as AQM Secure Customer Success, provide hands-on support of critical engagements and supervise critical de-escalations.
- The QM should demonstrate thought leadership and contribute to the transformation required to support the SAP strategy, through definition and execution of strategic and innovative initiatives.
Expectations and Tasks
- Drive customer success: Through proactive quality management programs such as Secure Customer Success, guide and support customers and the implementer in achieving successful implementation and sustainable operations of their SAP solutions.
- Proactively mitigate critical situations and manage de-escalations: Proactive mitigation and management of critical situations to safeguard customer success and drive de-escalations. - Actively establish relationships characterized by mutual respect and trust: Represent SAP in selected steering committees. Establish strong relationship and liaise with key stakeholders.
- Collaboration and transparency: Establish clear governance model with selected partners and contribute to transparency of relevant engagements.
- Contribute to strategic initiatives: Perform analyses and propose programs, tools, guidance or ways of working to effectively identify implementation and product risks and mitigate them e.g. in dialog with product development on key product issues, through mitigation strategy development, or through quality assurance service development.
- Demonstrate thought leadership: Promote best practices and innovative approaches around quality/successful implementations internally and our partners and in customer communities.
- Translate these into programs, whitepapers, services, mitigation strategies, etc. to drive future proactive measures.
- Support the execution of the annual SAP Quality Awards.
Qualifications and Experience
- BA, MBA, PMP Certification.
- English Fluent.
- Min. 8 years of professional experience with at least 5 years project/program management and delivery experience in implementing transformational software solutions such as SAP ERP, SAP Business Suite or Cloud Solutions.
- Proven ability to build trusted relationships with customers and partners at executive level.
- Ability to effectively manage risks and resolve escalated situations.
- Experience in software or services sales in the ERP industry.
- Experience in managing teams, both virtual and onsite.
- Experience in strategic thinking and conceptual design of complex projects & programs.
- Experience in the SAP Industry in Africa
go to method of application »
Expectations and Tasks
- The successful candidate will provide legal advice to all aspects of the SAP business in Nigeria with key emphasis on the software licensing and consulting organisations. The successful candidate will: •Report to and work closely with the Head of Legal situated in South Africa;
- Act as primary negotiator for complex commercial contracts with SAP's customers and partners and be the trusted legal advisor to SAP's local teams in West Africa and surrounds; •Take responsibility for ensuring that company business strategies are applied in full recognition of all legal implications and risks and all contracts are in compliance with SAP's legal, contractual and business processes and policies;
- Deal with disputes and manage the legal aspects of customer escalations, and engage outside counsel as necessary;
- Ensure compliance with laws and related obligations in the areas of anti-corruption (e.g. U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, UK Bribery Act, German and relevant anticorruption laws), competition law, export control law, intellectual property, and also internal policies of SAP worldwide;
- Contribute to the overall success of the West Africa Region and other Africa Regions and be a recognised business partner through understanding business objectives and giving appropriate legal advice;
- Develop and implement a long-term view for embedding compliance into business operations according to the company's strategy and business models and/ or readjustment of these;
- Provide periodic reports to local and regional leadership regarding the status of compliance in the region;
- Build strong relationships and partner with account executives and sales managers;
- Work closely with revenue recognition specialists to ensure revenues can be recognised appropriately;
- Participate in other projects as the local legal subject matter expert;
- Understand and work according to the commercial pressures of a sales business in a high pressure and fast-paced environment;
- Understand SAP's pricing models, advise the sales team on how to structure deals, and collate advice from different areas of the business in order to draft and negotiate appropriate contracts;
- Ensure an appropriate level of internal governance is in place in relation to transactions and compliance;
- Monitor changes to legal and regulatory guidelines applicable to the company and proactively develop solutions;
- Provide legal advice on Compliance matters and ensure that compliance principles are adhered to in Management decision-making, so that SAP acts in accordance with best-in-class compliance standards.
Qualifications and Experience
- Qualified Lawyer with 3 to 5 years of experience Experience in the IT industry is a must Business, Compliance and Processes oriented Fluent in English (oral and written) Good communication skills Conflict and problem solving skills Organized, motivated and with initiative.
- Experience of negotiating commercial contracts with leading West African customers Articulate and thrives in a dynamic environment and copes well with pressure In-house experience an advantage.
go to method of application »
Location: Virtual, Nigeria
- The primary goal for the Account Executive (AE) is to achieve his/her quarterly revenue goal for a specific portfolio of target customers and prospects in the ENR (Energy and Natural Resources) industry.
- The AE is responsible for developing and driving account strategy, for identifying and qualifying opportunities, and for executing the sales cycle of his/her account to closing.
- The AE cooperates with various SAP teams on positioning and delivery of complex proposals to customers, and proactively builds successful relationships with SAP strategic partners.
- He/She develops an opportunity plan leveraging the value proposition of all of SAP's solutions and services relevant to the customers and prospects, in close cooperation with teams from Presales, Services, Support, Product Management, Strategic Partners, etc. It is expected that the AE creates and nurtures Executive relationships while positioning the SAP Executive team to assist.
Expectations and Tasks
- Directly interact with customers and prospects to position the value of SAP's Solutions and Services as supported by ROI, business case development, references, and supporting analyst data.
- Pursue professional and personal development to ensure adequate knowledge of the markets and industries SAP serves as well as the products and services SAP provides
- Coordinate with the account teams consisting of Presales, Industry Value Engineers, Customer Engagement Managers, Commercial, specialized Product teams, Strategic Partners and other relevant roles so that SAP solutions are well positioned in the assigned account
- Share best practices and interact with regional and local SAP employees
- Prospect new companies as potential customers of SAP's solutions
- Develop your pipeline to ensure sufficient coverage
- Build strong partner and client relationships
- Update on a timely basis SAP@CRM system with accurate customer and pipeline information
- 10+ years' experience gained in a large, multi-national software organizations, or technology organizations with an emphasis on software sales
- Good knowledge of the ENR Industry in general and specific knowledge around at least one of the sub verticals - (Utilities, mining, Oil & Gas or Mill Products) - would be a great asset
- Knowledge around one or more specific product areas such as billing, risk management, analytics, front office and channels or ERP would also be an advantage
- Previous experience of working within or selling to ENR organizations is preferable
- Proven track record in capturing market share and growing a profitable sales business
Education and Qualification/Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor's degree in related fields (Business / Engineering or Technology) Postgraduate degree will be advantageous
- Strong sales track record in the ENR industry, or aggressive achievement record in other sales related role
- A collaborative management style and disposition and capability to work in a networked organization with a strong culture of virtual working teams, and evidence of delivering results through building effective relationships with teams across functions and geographies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong capabilities in value based and proactive selling
- Rigorous execution of sales processes: territory management, account planning, demand generation, qualification, pipeline management, forecasting
- Customer and quality focus
- Innovative thinking
- Result driven
- Motivation & engagement
- Strong negotiator
- Good knowledge of English
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click on preferred job title to apply online.
Services Quality Manager
Legal Counsel - Nigerian Law
Account Executive - ENR
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.