Our client, a non-banking financial service institution is hiring highly intelligent, young and dynamic professionals with integrity for the position of a Transaction/Finance Officer to support with clearing backlogs of unspotted transactions across their branches in Nigeria.
Accounts Payable Functions:
Recording of vendor payments.
Ensuring proper approval before final payout.
Electronic writing of cheques.
Maintaining payment register.
Posting of payment vouchers and journals.
Accounts Receivable Functions:
Posting of receipt vouchers and journals.
Reconciliation of clients premium accounts.
Management of direct debit collections.
Filing of Documents
Lodging cheques at the bank and raising recepits.
Support in Premia 10 implementation process
Other support functions
Any other task as assigned by the Branch Manager.
- Suitable candidates must possess a certificate of HND or B.SC in any field.
Experience and Skill:
- Minimum of 1 year experience in an accounting, finance or business administrative role.
- Must be 27 years and above
- Strong organization and time management skill.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Male candidates preferably
go to method of application »
To facilitate the smooth running of General Business and Subsidiaries account (Payments) and other support functions within the team as the job demands.
Internal: All Employees
External: Brokers, Agents, Insurance & re-insurance companies, Vendors, Service Providers, Organisations and External Auditors
- Preparation and payment of General Business Staff Commission.
- Monthly preparation of Staff performance.
- Preparation & payment of FPs Commission.
- Preparation & payment of FPs monthly ORC
- Preparation & payment of Agents and Brokers Commission
- Management of petty cash accounts for General Business and subsidiaries.
- Payment of Bills for subsidiaries and General Business via Gaps and issuing of cheques including claims
- Posting of vouchers on Premia 10 (Treasury deal slips, General Business payment vouchers and journal vouchers).
- Assist in reconciling of bank statements and cash book.
- Other functions as may be assigned.
Education & Experience
- B.Sc in Banking & Finance, Business Administration or any related field
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience.
- Professional qualification will be an advantage.
KEY COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
Skills & Knowledge
- Knowledge of Accounting and Finance
- Vast in accounting and credit control administration
- Understanding the customer
- Manages internal customer expectations effectively
- Communication skills
- Uses communication skills in a thorough and effective manner to manage own area of responsibility
- Management of Information
- Establishes and maintains data and information records which are sufficient for own purposes and which meet company, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Treating and Handling company and clients records and information with appropriate confidentiality at all times.
- Planning & Organising: Effectively and proactively plans, prioritises and organises caseloads in a way which allows for unexpected events and interruptions
- People Management: Establish and maintain good client relationships, internally, externally at all levels.
- Commitment to Excel: Challenges self and others to exceed standards and achieve extraordinary results; is not easily deterred when obstacles or delays are encountered.
- Analysis: Thinks through a situation systematically.
- Communication skills (English), spoken and written (Excellent)
- Analytical Skills (Moderate)
- IT skills ( Moderate)
- Business Writing (Moderate)
- Negotiation Skills (Moderate)
- Presentation skills (Moderate)
- Basic Knowledge of the Insurance business accounting (life and non-life)
- Knowledge of Cornerstone Insurance Business
- Business Ethics
Method of Application
Use links below to apply on SmartRecruiters
Only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale