University of Port Harcourt - Applications are invited from suitably qualified and interested candidates for the position of:
- To head the Procurement Unit of the University of Port Harcourt.
- To be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor in all procurement matter.
- To plan and implement all requirements of the University in line with Public Procurement Act, 2007.
- To keep Procurement records of the University
Candidate must possess the following to be considered for the post:
- First degree/HND in the following areas from a recognized University: Purchasing and Supply, Business Administration, Statistics, Financial Studies, Law, Computer Science, Accounting, Economics, Engineering/Technology, Marketing, Insurance, Quantity Surveying and other relevant disciplines.
- At least  years post qualification experience and he/she must have worked as Head of Procurement Unit in a tertiary institution for a period not less than five [5) years.
- Must have received the relevant training from the Bureau of Public and passed relevant examination(s).
- Must be computer literate.
- Must have attained the rank of not below that of an Assistant Director.
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply Management of Nigeria will be an added advantage.
- Proven working experience as a Procurement Manager.
- Knowledge of Sourcing and Procurement techniques as well as dexterity in “reading” the market.
- Talent in negotiating and networking.
- Good knowledge of supplier or third party management Software.
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with members of staff.
- Experience in collecting and Analysing data.
- Strong Leadership capabilities.
CONTISS 13 Step 1-9 = N3,632,404 ÷ 12 = N302,700.33
go to method of application »
- The successful candidates will be expected to join the production team of the Information, Publications and Public Relations Unit of the Vice-Chancellor's Office.
- They would be deployed to the Proofreading Section and should also be ready to take on additional responsibilities as may be assigned to them from time to time.
- In addition to their basic academic qualifications, candidates would also be evaluated on their demonstrated capacity to produce results under pressure.
- The right candidates should possess good honours degrees in Mass Communications, English, Linguistics or Theatre Arts from recognized universities.
- The job is very demanding and may require extra working hours to accomplish each job schedule.
- Candidates must be computer literate and also hold membership of the Nigerian Institute of Public Relations (NIPR) and other relevant professional bodies.
- Candidates applying for the job should possess not less than six (6) years post-qualification experience, excellent communication skills and good interpersonal relations, and must demonstrate team spirit in the line of duty.
Conditions of Service
- Salary Grade Level: Successful candidates shall commence their career on CONTISS 09.
- Other condition of service are as applicable in the Federal University system in Nigeria.
Method of Application
Applicants should be accompanied with, among others copies of the following documents, ten  copies each:
- First School Leaving Certificate.
- West African School Certificate/Professional Certificates [if any]
- Degree Certificate/HND Certificate
- National Youth Service Corp Certificate/Exemption Certificate
- Birth Certificate of Age.
- Evidence of Training by BPP
- Acceptance of Retirement Letter for those already retired.
Detailed Application/Curriculum Vitae:
University of Port Harcourt,
The envelope should be marked Chief Procurement Officer; for the Attention of the Registrar. Candidates should request their referees to forward three  references on their behalf to the Registrar.
Note: Candidates invited for interview should bring along with them the originals of their credentials.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.