Freedom Foundation is a faith based non-profit, committed to addressing the ever-mounting and staggering challenges facing members of society living in absolute poverty. Our model includes Rehabilitation, Education, Empowerment, Research, and Awareness Promotion, and it actively partners with the government, other NGOs, civil society organizations and corporate institutions to ensure the delivery of human services at the greatest points of impact.
- Responsible for overseeing, facilitating, and coordinating the activities of clients & volunteers, ensuring the optimum treatment, care, and service delivery.
- S/he acts as an advocate for House of Refuge clients, ensuring their welfare, comfort, discipline, and support.
- S/he sets the house rules and procedures and serves as the “go-to” person whenever staff have immediate concerns or needs to be addressed. S/he acts as Program Director in their absence and supports the Program Director in all aspects of the Program.
Leadership and Management Activities:
- Support the Program Director in activity planning, budget development, and preparing management reports for the Program Board, Executive Secretary, and the Board of Trustees.
- Ensure periodic (monthly and quarterly) generation of accurate management reports (accounting reports, staff performance, monitoring and evaluation reports, etc.) for review by the Program Director, Executive Secretary, and Program Board.
- Participate in management team meetings and attend Board meetings.
Program Planning and Management:
- Oversee program delivery, quality of care, and client welfare.
- Engage in the iterative process of program design and development in order to deliver efficient and effective services to clients.
- Review program design, efficiency and effectiveness and make recommendations to the Program Director and Executive Secretary.
- Manages program staff, consultants, and volunteers to ensure end-to-end seamless delivery of program services.
- Establish weekly case review meetings to track progress of clients to ensure coordinated implementation of treatment plans and service utilization.
- Evaluate treatment procedures to ensure attainment of objectives and goals regarding rehabilitation.
- Ensure all staff and program services are in compliance with legal and ethical standards as set by local regulatory agencies and international best practices.
- Evaluate and process incoming clients eligibility for the rehabilitation process.
- Responsible for the supervision of the admissions, intake/discharge processes.
- Liaise and train staff of parent and partner organizations involved with outreach on how to appropriately properly profile prospective clients.
- Provide supervision, crisis intervention, case conferencing and support to program staff.
- Oversees the quality of care to its clients.
- Effectively leverages partner agencies and programs in this field to widen service provision and ensure continuity in type and level of patient care.
- Track program metrics according to established monitoring & evaluation practices and for program grants.
- Maintain clients’ personal files as highly confidential.
- Recruit / engage volunteers ensuring all vacancies are filled.
- Participate in fundraising and grant writing process. Ensure availability of data for all grants process.
- Occasionally participate in special events, fundraising, and public presentations.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Program Director and/or Executive Secretary
- Organisational skills
- Analytical skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Numeracy skills
- Commercial awareness
- Communication skills
- Teamworking skills
go to method of application »
- Develop a rehabilitation programme to help rebuild lost skills and restore confidence;
- Advise on home and workplace environmental alterations, such as adjustments for wheelchair access;
- Teach anxiety management techniques;
- Help people to return to work;
- Advise on specialist equipment to help with daily activities;
- Coach people with learning difficulties or poor social skills, e.g. in handling money and social interaction;
- Mentor people on how to control their own behaviour;
- Liaise with other professionals, such as doctors, physiotherapists, social workers, equipment suppliers and architects, as well as clients' families, carers and employers;
- Write reports and attend multidisciplinary case meetings to plan and review ongoing treatment;
- Organise support and rehabilitation groups for carers and clients;
- Train clients and supervise the work of occupational therapy assistants;
- Manage a caseload, prioritising needs and completing administrative tasks such as client and budgetary records.
go to method of application »
- As a mental health nurse you'll play an important role helping clients and will need to show empathy along with excellent observational skills
- Mental health nurses provide support to people suffering from various mental health conditions. The work involves helping the client to recover from their illness or to come to terms with it in order to lead a positive life.
- Work is often carried out in multidisciplinary teams, liaising with psychiatrists, psychologists, occupational therapists, social workers and other health professionals.
- Assessing and talking to clients about their problems and discussing the best way to plan and deliver their care;
- Building relationships with clients to encourage trust, while listening to and interpreting their needs and concerns;
- Ensuring the correct administration of medication, including injections, and monitoring the results of treatment;
- Responding to distressed clients in a non-threatening manner and attempting to understand the source of distress;
- Applying 'de-escalation' techniques to help people manage their emotions and behaviour;
- Preparing and participating in group and/or one-to-one therapy sessions, both individually and with other health professionals;
- Providing evidence-based individual therapy, such as cognitive behaviour therapy for depression and anxiety;
- Organising social events aimed at developing clients' social skills and helping to reduce feelings of isolation;
- Preparing and maintaining client records and producing care plans and risk assessments;
- Ensuring that the legal requirements appropriate to a particular setting or group of clients are observed;
- Working with clients' families and carers, helping to educate them and the client about their mental health problems.
go to method of application »
- Conducts interviews with individuals and families to assess and review their situation;
- Completes comprehensive evaluations to determine the needs of clients and family members especially identifying possible environmental Impediments that could complicate overall care. The social worker, in concert with the client, family and team, will determine and execute interventions to overcome any predetermined barriers.
- Undertaking and writing up assessments (with other professionals), which meet specified standards and timescales;
- Offering information and support;
- Organising and managing packages of support to enable people to lead the fullest lives possible;
- Recommending and sometimes making decisions about the best course of action for a particular person or family;
- Liaising with, and making referrals to, other agencies;
- Participating in multidisciplinary teams and meetings regarding, for example, child protection or mental health;
- Maintaining accurate records and preparing reports for legal action;
- Participating in training, supervision and team meetings.
go to method of application »
- Monitoring and providing general care to clients.
- Undertake client’s consultations and physical examinations.
- Organize preventative medical programmes for individual clients.
- Respond to medical/health problems presented by clients including history taking, diagnosis, investigation, medication, treatment and referral as appropriate.
- Admitting clients requiring special care, followed by investigations and treatment.
- Counsel clients and relatives under supervision.
- Assess and plan treatment requirements.
- Carry out procedures within capabilities under supervision including emergency duties.
- Be responsible for administrative duties (e.g. review of results of investigations, writing of reports and maintaining client record).
- Ability to work long hours, often under pressure
- Good practical skills
- Ability to solve problems
- Effective decision-making skills
- Leadership and management skills
- Communication skills, compassion and a good bedside manner
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CVs and application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.