The Air Energi Group was established over thirty years ago and is now one of the world's largest and most successful businesses completely dedicated to providing technical expertise to the global oil and gas industry. Our sole focus means that we have a comprehensive understanding of the oil and gas industry and the key drivers of the personnel working within it.
A leading Oil & Gas services company are looking for a Project Procurement Manager to be based on rotation in Nigeria.
The Project Procurement manager will ensure the interfacing between Project and Procurement Function and the coordination of purchases and subcontracted activities through a dedicated Project Procurement task force.
You will also be responsible for identifying and suggesting required corrective actions and ensuring the full compliance with procurement procedures as well ensuring that the project procurement activities respect the project requirements and constrains.
Project Procurement Manager - Key Responsibilities
- At project beginning, analyse contractual conditions and Client requirements in liaison with Contract Administrator and participate to project planning and scheduling activities
- Define and issue the Project Procurement Procedures in line with Corporate/Company procedures in force and in line with Contractual obligations
- Define the General Conditions applicable and issue the Instruction to Bidders and Special Conditions
- Plan and elaborate a detailed Procurement Log in coordination with other project functions, in particular ensuring a constant interface with the Engineering, Post Order Services and Management and Construction functions, guaranteeing its monitoring and continuous updating, in particular, agree all purchasing dates starting from the issue of the Request for Quotation up to the issue of the Purchase Order, assuring the scheduled deadlines are respected
- Consolidate the Vendors/Subcontractors Project Vendor List and Bidder Lists taking into account project requirement and inputs from relevant Procurement Department, Competence Centre, Sourcing Centre
- Define, issue and monitor the Procurement strategy for critical items, critical bulk materials and subcontracting (Construction and Logistics)
- Identify and plan the use of pre-agreements, project agreements and Master Agreements
- Ensure, when required and convenient for the project, direct performance of purchasing/subcontracting activities from local and regional vendors and subcontractors, under the input received by the competent
Project Procurement Manager - Procurement Function
- Ensure compliance with administrative, insurance and legislative requirements in liaison with other competent and Procurement Departments
- Ensure proper reporting of the procurement activities towards project organization, Procurement Department Managers and Corporate Procurement, paying particular attention to the tracking of all decisional item especially with regard to Joint Venture scenarios
- Ensure, in close collaboration with the competent Procurement function and with the Material Manager, the application of penalties to vendors and price revisions, according to the clauses and formulas provided by the contractual obligations defined for purchasing goods and transport services
- Ensure the feeding of Procurement WebSite (PWS) for strategic procurement planning and for reporting (the PWS information sources include: Project Vendor List, Project Procedures, Monthly Flash Reports and Procurement Logs)
- Ensure that the pertinent HSE clauses/requirements are included in the procurement documents
- In case of projects with dedicated Project Procurement task force, shall also lead a group of buyers, managing Purchase Orders of materials and Subcontracts for services, observing requested time limits and quality standards
go to method of application »
An innovative and award-winning international provider of intervention solutions for oil and gas wells is currently looking for a Business Development Manager to be based in Nigeria (Lagos + travels to Port Harcourt).
We are looking for a confident, outward focused individual prepared to take a position on the exciting challenges the global oil and gas industry faces now and in the future.
This is a staff role on a local contract. The package on offer will be worth $100 - 150K USD per annum.
As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Developing your Key Accounts, ensuring their current and future needs are being taken into consideration in product development
- Implementing the business plan in Nigeria and developing client sales strategies
- Penetrating new clients & developing close professional relations with key decision makers and influencers in Nigeria
- Managing a local Account Managers team, by inspiring ambition on behalf of the accounts, as well as mentoring, coaching and training them on the job
- Staying current on relevant technologies, fitting solutions to client needs and keeping abreast of competitors
- Developing an efficient relationship with the company's Engineering Centre to ensure ability to deliver
- Representing the company at key events and industry forums
Successful candidates will:
- Have an Engineering degree (BSc. or Msc.)
- Have at least 5 years of experience in completions, wireline or LWD/MWD engineering with a Well/Oilfield Services company
- Have a previous experience in Nigeria
- Speak English fluently
- A previous Sales or Business Development experience will also be a plus
If you are interested in hearing more about this position, please apply via this advert to Pierre Turgis at Air Energi.
Method of Application
Use links below to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.