We're a leading international bank, with more than a 150-year history in some of the world's most dynamic markets.
We bank the people and companies driving investment, trade and the creation of wealth across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
With 1,600 branches and offices in 70 countries, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities.
Within Human Resources, a key specialist function is the performance, reward and benefits (PRB) cluster. The purpose of role is to:
• To collaborate with HR Product leads and HRSSC to ensure seamless delivery of PRB products and processes across the region in line with the Bank’s strategy.
• To ensure operational efficiency in partnership with HRSSC and enhance employee experience.
• To build strong network with all local regulatory authorities & stakeholders.
• To collaborate with HR Business partners and Specialists in country and ensure PRB Delivery is effective and appropriate and drive business performance.
• To ensure financial governance and discipline and ensure that PRB Delivery meets its costs targets /forecasts.
• To work with the Regional Head of HR, Country Heads of HR and the Risk lead for the region in directing and overseeing the day-to-day management of operational risks in PRB products and processes.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Strategic and Advisory
1. Understand business specific product needs and design/implement PRB solutions for the business, consistent with Group policies, leveraging the expertise and tools from PRB product Specialist teams and drawing analytical support from HRSSC.
2. Lead PRB integration activities in region and, where appropriate, support due diligence and other integration activities.
3. Contribute to the policy and strategic management of PRB Delivery Group-wide.
4. Work with PRB Delivery and the HR leadership team of the region to deliver the HR collective agenda and the Strategic People Agenda for the region.
5. Build and develop a professional team to support the delivery of HR Strategy and performance. Ensure team structure is aligned to business and HR productivity targets.
Global processes and operations.
6. Drive service excellence through partnership with HRSSC. Manage efficient delivery of processes administered by HRSSC by establishing Service Level standard for each process and ensure that a regular reviews.
7. Manage, evaluate and improve effectiveness of all HR products, plans and processes.
8. Identify opportunities to improve efficiency of PRB by technology enhancements, migration to HRSSC,or process improvements.
People, Technology and Risk Management
9. Appoint and deploy PRB staff within region in conjunction with the Head, PRB Delivery, Africa; motivate and develop them to achieve high standards of performance.
10. In partnership with the Head, HR Vendor Management, approve Service Level Agreements with material vendors to achieve excellence in delivery and performance. Ensure cost efficiency and governance around all processes outsourced to vendors. Prepare budgets, forecasts, and monitor cost lines for HR function; and initiate actions for meeting budgetary requirements/ targets.
11. On risk management, identify and articulate forward looking risks for the country. Articulate and manage them through designated PRB risk registers and HR FORC. Ensure all geographical specific Operational Risk (OR) and Compliance requirements related to PRB delivery are met.
12. Support statutory and internal audits, as appropriate.
• Member of Country Functional Operational Risk Commitee (FORC), together with other relevant HR governance committees.
• Speed of turnaround
• Accuracy and ‘value add’ of analysis
• Manager and employee satisfaction
• Successful delivery of PRB Products/ processes
• Efficiencies delivered
Qualifications & Skills
• A professional or relevant post graduate management qualification.
• Relevant experience in Human Resources at both operational and strategic level.
• Strong understanding of financial regulations as it relates to CBN, CIBN, FIRS etc.
• Strong leadership, interpersonal and influencing skills.
• Strong in project and process management with focus on execution.
• Commercial and business acumen.
• Ability to multi task within complex structure and deliver business outcomes.
• Excellent communication: clear oral and written skills; effective questioning and active listening.
• Strong work orientation and taking ownership to deliver.
To provide leadership and coordination of the HVSB SME relationship in South/East.
Market, sell and acquire SME HVSB products through pro-active and consultative approach and detailed understanding of customers’ businesses and inernal offerings to enhance revenue and profit.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
• Directly work with customers to secure new business relationships through the analysis of needs and provision of SME products and services.
• Analyses and reviews quality of potential business to ensure maximum profitability.
• Maintain accurate and update records of all actual and attempted customer interactions.
• Liaise and provide leadership in areas of expertise, particularly in the provision of products and services to customers.
• May be requested to co-ordinate country or regional initiatives within SME team.
• Provide feedback to senior management, marketing and product management on customer’s needs and the efficiency of marketing strategies and tactics.
• Responsible for delivering a service to customer that matches the Bank’s brand promise of being ‘The Right Partner’
Qualifications & Skills
• Minimum of a 2nd Class degree in a relevant course.
• 5 - 10 years sales experience in a similar role
• Strong sales and relationship management skills
• Good Communication and Interpersonal skills.
• Role holder is expected to have some knowledge and experience in offering a range of products to meet customers’ needs
To apply for this position, click here