GOALPrime Organization Nigeria (GPON) is a policy-driven humanitarian, non-governmental organization that implements her program through a revitalized partnership. It is a non-profit organization with a mandate of making the lives of vulnerable people especially in the face of disaster or crises. GPON is presently operating in the Northeastern regional part of Nigeria where we have reached over 300,000 lives with relief materials, child protection services, GBV mitigation services, livelihood skill-building, health services, and Education support services. GPON is currently implementing with funding support from the United Nations Child Fund (UNICEF), in Ngala, Damboa, Dikwa, Bama, and Mafa LGAs of Borno. We seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles to fill the position for the next five months.
The Community Volunteer Mentors (CVM) reports to the Child protection Officer (CP)). S/h supervise mentor and monitor all the activities of the community volunteers and provide technical support to community volunteers in the project locations.
- Leading and supervising the community volunteers to ensure that integrated Adolescent Program activities are implemented in the right manner and within the required project objective and CP standard.
- Coordinate and supervise the community volunteers on registration and profiling of new arrivals.
- Provide technical support to all life skills programmes integrated across all sector response.
- Represent GOALPrime Organization Nigeria in coordination meetings in project locations and give a detailed report to the CP.
- Facilitate and supervise the mobilization of community volunteers to develop and carry out the project activities as in the project work plan.
- Coordinate with MEAL/IM to facilitate project monitoring activities.
- Receive project activity reports from community volunteers, compile and send to the CP.
- Coordinate with supervisor and other necessary offices in GOALPrime to micro plan any child projection project of GOALPrime Organization Nigeria.
- Provide Technical support to GOALPrime Organization CP sensitization team.
- Management of Child protection community volunteers.
- In collaboration with the MEAL team, carry out a monthly rapid assessments to identify the needs of beneficiaries across current and prospective project locations as well as carry out gap and implementation risk analysis to identify bottles and provide swift solutions.
- Perform any other task as requested by the CP
Technical Expertise, Skills, and Knowledge
- University degree or equivalent in social work, psychology, counseling, Social Science, or related fields
- Minimum of 2 years relevant working experience PSS
- Experience working in emergency settings
- Good knowledge and understanding of DO NO HARM principles and established international child protection standards
- Experience with participatory approaches to CP, emergency preparedness, crisis/emergency relief management, or other related areas.
- Experience working with IDPs, refugees, and other vulnerable populations (ideal)
- Previous experience directly providing services to children at risk and victims of abuse, exploitation, and violence.
- knoweledge of local language is strongly required
Application Process and Deadline:
The deadline is 17th of May 2021, by 12.00 pm.
GPON is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities. GPON is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.