If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Sightsavers is an international organisation that changes lives for the long term. We work in more than 30 countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and support people with visual impairments to live independently.
Programme Officer - (NTD-DFID UNITED Programme)
Job Type: 12 months fixed term contract
- The successful candidate will be a member of the DFID supported Zamfara State NTDs programme management team and will report to the State NTD, Lead Person
- The Officer will provide general coordination to the programme management team and serve as the programme implementation manager in Zamfara State.
- Support the Zamfara State NTD Lead Person to provide effective management, coordination, and technical advice to the programme
- Coordinate contract implementation in the state and ensure adherence to work plans and budgets for the achievement of planned project outputs
- Coordinate the preparation of quarterly and annual reports
- Coordinate capacity building initiatives
- Support the state and LGAs programme teams
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Support the Zamfara State NTD Lead Person in monitoring programme implementation in the state
- Responsible for guiding the overall Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) strategy, managing the interventions and use of M&E methodology to meet proposed goals.
Representation and Networking:
- Represent the programme office on monitoring and evaluation issues and ensuring all NTDs data is updated and shared with relevant agencies
- Assist the state programme team to identify opportunities for operational research.
- The ideal candidate will possess a First Degree in Biological Sciences, Public Health and other related disciplines from a reputable institution. A Master's Degree would be an advantage
- Technical knowledge of one or more of the five leading NTDs, and experience in monitoring and evaluation would be an added advantage with a minimum of 5-6 years working experience, ideally in an INGO setting.
- Local Terms & Conditions apply
Method of Application
Applicants should please download and return the completed "Application Form" and "Equal Opportunities Form" as two separate documents to: email@example.com
Click here to download the Application Form (Ms Word)
Click here to download the Equal Opportunities Form (Ms Word)
Note: As an equal opportunities employer we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.