Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer's needs.
Team Lead, Talent Acquisition and Manpower Planning
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Department: Human Resources
Job Summary & Purpose
- The Team Lead of Talent Acquisition and Manpower Planning is in charge of planning, managing and overseeing talent acquisition and recruitment processes and strategies for the HR Team
- This position is responsible for designing and implementing initiatives to attract, assess, develop and retain talent in the organisation
- You will be expected to develop a recruitment philosophy and the start identify the key elements of a structured and robust recruitment process from manpower planning to on-boarding of new hires
- The role will focus on recruiting the right talent and partner with HR business partners and stakeholders in the business to identify their manning gaps and develop a process to ensure a continuous pipeline of hireable names to key roles in the organisation
- To be successful in this role you should be able to develop long term recruiting strategies to create a strong talent pipeline for the organisation’s current and future hiring needs.
- Reports to: HR Manager
- Direct reports from: HR Business Partners, CEO’s and Heads of Business Learning and Development Recruitment
- Internal Relationship: Business Units heads/Finance / Admin HR
- External Relationship: Recruitment Agencies Industry Associations
- Diagnose and determine employee needs by engaging the strategic business units (SBUs) to determine their talent needs and the required time to fill vacancies.
- Conduct analysis of hiring needs and prepare annual manpower plan Develop a sustainable and efficient talent acquisition and hiring plan and strategy.
- Implement the talent acquisition strategy to improve recruitment and business performance
- Undertake workforce planning and resource forecasting by working with the resourcing team to feed into recruitment timelines.
- Communicate with external sources e.g. peer organisations to ascertain trends in recruitment and markets that may impact the business
- Develop and implement a strong and robust internal recruitment process
- Anticipate the organisation’s future needs and work with stakeholders to advice on recruiting tactics that will help sustain the organisation’s success.
- Develop and retain a diverse talent acquisition team.
- Manage and deliver reports and data when required.
- Drive end to end talent recruitment exercises, advert placements, sourcing, screening, scheduling, testing (for entry level recruits), interviewing, offer and benefits negotiation and culture questions.
- Specify skills, knowledge, and attitude that inform job profiles.
- Lead, supervise and oversee recruitment panel members.
- Design, plan and execute selection processes (conduct interviews and screening calls, administer psychological tests etc.)
- Create and maintain a robust end-to-end on-boarding process and deliver day-one readiness
- Review employment applications and background check reports.
- Identify and remedy gaps in the recruitment process.
- Perform candidate and employee satisfaction evaluations.
- Plan and implement procedures for improving employee experience.
- Suggest measures for improving employee retention.
Key Performance Metrics
- No. of qualified candidates in the pipeline.
- No of qualified candidates per opening.
- Pipeline growth.
- Cost per hire
- No. of vacancies positions filled
- No. of hires to goal(how well hires are able to meet organisational objectives)
- Diversity of talent pool/distribution.
- Early attrition rate.
- Top performer retention.
- No. of candidates with relevant experience.
- No. of offers made.
- Percentage of offers accepted.
- Time to full productivity following on-boarding (measuring effectiveness)
- Training spend.
- Career path ratio.
- Internal satisfaction survey minimum of 85%
- Culture fit survey
- Job satisfaction survey minimum score of Customer satisfaction survey(Hiring manager satisfaction)
- Employee engagement rate.
- Internal satisfaction survey.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field required. Master's Degree in MBA, Psychology, and Organizational Behavior will be an advantage
- CIPM,CIPD, SPHR, SHRM Certifications and/or experience in learning management systems and talent management assessments preferred.
- 6-8 years experience as an HR Generalist or Talent Acquisition and/or other HR related experience preferred.
- 2 years of partnering with HR and business leaders to develop pragmatic solutions.
- Management Experience: 5 Years of experience in managing HR Teams
Key Skills and Competencies:
- The Team Lead of Talent Acquisition and Manpower Planning must have commercial and analytical know how with strong communication and supervisory skills
- This person must be strategic and confident in building relationships with employees at all levels.
Must be proficient in the following:
- Above average verbal (public speaking) and written communication skills e.g. report writing.
- Experience in managing an HR team with a strong understanding of talent acquisition.
- Pushing talent acquisition change initiatives from both a strategic and operative level.
- Ability to be strategic and tactical when making decisions.
- Interpersonal and motivational skills; you should be capable of building relationships across the organisation.
- Increasing talent sourcing within an organisation by improving direct hiring.
- Strong planning and problem solving skills.
- Analytical and capable of collecting and interpreting data and reports to assess complex information.
- Communication and Influencing employees at all levels to support your decisions and proposed plans.
- MS Word, MS Power Point, MS Excel, MS Outlook.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their tailored CV to: email@example.com using the "Job Title" as subject of the email.
Note: Any application received after the above time will be automatically rejected.