Social Media Manager at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
Posted on: 25 January, 2019
Deadline: 4 February, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at ICRC - International Committee of
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Abuja Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
Social Media Manager
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Using accepted best practices, develops digital strategies, leading on content execution and engagement with priority audiences.
- Design and implement social media strategy that supports the delegation's operational priorities and public communication objectives.
- Monitor Search Engine Optimization and web traffic metrics
- Promotes innovative digital products and keeps abreast of latest trends on digital content.
- Creates, edits, repurposes and publishes a wide variety of engaging content for digital channels, using audiovisual products (videos, photos, etc.); provides the archives with appropriate versions of these digital materials for reuse.
- Ensures the accurate, timely and effective delivery of digital content, optimized for search and audience engagement, partnering with Audiovisual Producers, social media leads, Web Editors and Digital Officers both at headquarters and in the regional communication centres and delegations.
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor target audience reviews
- Oversee social media accounts design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures)
- Identifies and seizes reactive opportunities, contributing digital input to quick turn-around campaigns, working internally with Public Relations Officers and externally with media counterparts.
- Trains, guides and supports colleagues in managing and reporting on digital platforms and activities; advises and supports them in their ongoing activities.
- Supervises ad buys to ensure positioning of the ICRC on key contexts, themes and issues, coordinating with the digital marketing lead at headquarters.
Education and Experience Required
- Experience in publishing and engaging using social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.).
- Good eye for design and ability to source and do basic edits with images/video. Skilled computer user of web publishing (content management systems, including Drupal and/or WordPress) and design tools an advantage.
- Strong knowledge of digital performance metrics and website analytics. Understanding of content marketing is a must. Experience in web editing and familiarity with search engine optimization (SEO).
- Degree in Communications, Marketing or Journalism, preferably with a digital background and specialization (managing websites, social media platforms, video projects, etc.).
- Familiarity with social ads management (Google Ads, Facebook, Twitter).
- 5-7 years' experience in digital communication/internal communication, and in event management an advantage.
- Customer-service mindset
- Passion for social media management
- Team player and ability to take initiative, work with minimal supervision
- Availability to travel to the remote locations;
- Ability to multitask and deliver results on time, to a high standard and under pressure
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org Please clearly indicate "Nutrition in Detention FO ABJ" as the subject of your application for example (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated).
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
- Recent Jobs from ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Nutrition in Detention Field Officer at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- ICT Specialist 1 at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Know More About ICRC - International Committee of the Red CrossSimilar Jobs
- Digital Marketing Executive at Willers Solutions
- Social Media & Content Intern at The Brand Ally
- Social Media Supervisor at Carlcare Development
- Knowledge Management and Learning, M&E and Communications Manager at CARE
- Content Manager at Human Capacity Development Consultants (HCDC)
- Head of Performance Marketing - Jumia at Jumia Nigeria
- Creative Managers at Torydoes Nigeria Limited
- Konga Travel and Tours Digital Officer at Konga Online Shopping Limited