An international Development organisation seeks to fill the role below
The Verification Manager is responsible for managing the process of identifying and investigating inconsistencies in operation and project management areas. This position serves as an internal Verification mechanism for all financial, procurement and other matters which relates to concerns of fraud, waste and abuse on the program, ensuring compliance with International Development policies and regulations and verifying the information, assisting in raising overall performance and integrity at the organization. This position will be based at the head office, located in Abuja, with program activities expected to be carried out in the North Eastern states. Frequent travel to the far north of Nigeria is expected combined with extended stays in Maiduguri.
REPORTING & SUPERVISION
The Verification Manager reports to the Operations Manager and will also be working very closely with the Creative HQ Security department as needed.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and maintain a thorough technical understanding of current operational systems / processes and policy requirements within the project.
- Identify, recommend and, as appropriate, oversee the implementation of continuous efficiency improvements to policies and procedures.
- Lead verification actions on fraud, waste and abuse claims and conduct internal and external Verifications concerning allegations.
- Serve as an independent and objective member of the project team by upholding the program and client compliance requirements.
- Conduct monthly and random verification actions of the program’s financial and project operations processes, that includes procurement, logistics and other efforts which needs to adhere to the compliance policies
- Ensure the maintenance of a strong system of internal controls to ensure high level of quality assurance compliance.
- Review procurement and grants activities of the project to ensure consistency with the policies and regulations of the International Development contract terms.
- Ensure compliance with Creative and International Development policies and regulations.
- Constantly challenge ways of working and seek continuous improvements.
- Review overall budgeting and financial information of the project including cash flow administration, time sheet recording, and management of in-country expenses.
- Track and review financial information of project activities and maintain spreadsheets with current project expense data for verification purposes. Provide the Chief of Party with updated monthly reports.
- Review invoices and ensure they are done in accordance with internal procedures and International Development contract terms.
- Provide regular staff briefings on Compliance, Fraud Waste and Abuse as well as Ethics
- Facilitate continuous improvements through providing support to the project or grantees involved in project activities.
- Ensure that all compliance files are maintained, organized, and accessible.
- Other related tasks as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- University degree in quality management, quality assurance science, auditing, finances, business administration or other related field is required.
- 6 years of general work experience is required.
- 4 years of experience in leading objective investigations, especially criminal investigations will be an advantage.
- Internal investigations and/or Verification experience within an International development organization will be an added advantage.
- Must have the highest level of integrity and professionalism.
- A passion for compliance and enjoys staying up to date on change in rules and regulations.
- A broad understanding of issues related to international development is required.
- Good communication, writing/reporting and interpersonal skills is required.
- Management experience is required.
- Prior experience with international organizations is highly desirable.
- Proficient at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is required.
- Fluency in one or more of the local state languages in the North Eastern part of Nigeria is highly preferred.
Method of Application
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 11th , 2018:
- A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities; AND
- A cover letter
Please reference the job title and location on the subject line, your cover letter and resume/CV.