The Governing Council of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below:
- The Governing Council of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi in pursuant to the provisions of the Universities (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act, 1993 as amended, and in the exercise of its powers contained therein, is hereby initiating the process of filling the impending vacancy.
- Accordingly, applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates who must be Professors with a minimum cognate experience of 22 years in university teaching, research, and administration.
- The Vice-Chancellor is the Chief Executive and Academic Officer of the University and Ex-Officio Chairman of the Senate.
- He/She is responsible to the University Governing Council, of which he is a member, for the good governance of the University.
Qualities of Tile Vice-Chancellor
In addition to having respectable academic credentials, applicants are required to possess other qualities, which include:
- Proven/unassailable integrity and he above board in matters of morality,
- Clear vision for the development of the University and realization of its vision and mission,
- Track record as a distinguished scholar and ability for academic and administrative leadership,
- Ability to command the respect of the academic community and foster interpersonal relations and team work,
- Drive to attract, mobilize, manage funds and other resources for the development of the University,
- Demonstrate ability to attract research grants, create linkages, partnerships with local/international private and public organizations,
- Proficiency in one of the core disciplines offered in the University and a good grasp of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) skills,
- Be of good physical and mental health.
Terms and Conditions of Service
- The successful candidate shall hold the post of Vice-Chancellor for a single term of 5 years, and shall not be older than 65 years of age at the date of assumption of duty.
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of the Vice-Chancellor in Nigerian Federal Universities, and as may be determined from time to time by the Federal Government and the Governing Council.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates who fulfill the requirements should be forwarded to the "Registrar", 30 copies of their applications indicating the post applied for with copies of credentials and 30 copies of detailed Curriculum Vitae highlighting the following:
- Candidate's Full Name,
- Date and Place of Birth,
- Marital Status,
- Academic Qualifications,
- Working Experience with Dates and Positions,
- Merits and Awards (if any),
- Membership of Scholarly and Professional Bodies,
- List of Academic Publications,
- Extracurricular Activities and Interests, and Names and Addresses of Three (3) Referees.
Each referee should be contacted by the applicant to forward to the undersigned a confidential report on his/her character, academic and managerial abilities and achievements in a sealed envelope marked at the top left corner, "Post of Vice-Chancellor: Referee’s Report”
In the case of candidates to be contacted by the Search Team, their Curriculum Vitae should be provided as in 4(a).
All Applications and the Curriculum Vitae should be forwarded in sealed envelope marked at the top "Left Hand Corner" of the envelop “Post of Vice-Chancellor” to:
Registrar and Secretary to Council,
Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University,
Note: All applications shall be duly acknowledged. However, only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview, please.