Oando PLC is one of Africa’s largest integrated energy solutions providers with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigerian Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. With shared values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Passion and Professionalism (TRIPP), the Oando Group comprises six companies who are leaders in their market:
The Commercial Analyst at Oando Energy Resources will report to the Asset Development Managers to ensure the commercial viability of all the assets according to Industry and Company specific benchmarks.
- Monitor dynamic Business environment and recommend changes to processes when necessary to ensure continued profitability of commercial arrangements in the Assets.
- Support commercial decision-making across E&P assets relating to commercial inputs into, and negotiations of commercial agreements, pricing, operationalization of contracts, etc.
- Processing of crude entitlement, representation at curtailments and application for Exports, Crude lifting permits.
- Prepare and Present comprehensive cost analysis (historical and projected) benchmarked against industry and internal corporate goals.
- Provide synthesis, insight, and practical implications within tight deadlines, via end products in the form of models, single exhibits, written summaries and basic fact packs
- Maintain database & benchmarks for $/bbl UTC- unit technical costs, UDC- unit development Costs & UOC, Unit Operating costs.
- Ensure that agreements/contracts are adequately reflecting the company’s interests and as such will have input in these documents.
- Maintain Database of asset information
- Participate in multi-disciplinary teams through the interface with a wide scale of geotechnical and business support functions.
- Serve as a thought partner, leveraging internal and external networks, to engage in team problem solving, share evolving business trends and best practices, and contribute to knowledge creation initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Quality, comprehensiveness, timeliness and accuracy of data provided for analysis.
- Quality and depth of analysis and usefulness of recommendations proffered.
- Accuracy and timeliness of documents prepared.
- Effectiveness of analytical support provided.
- Levels of adherence to policies, processes and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- 1st degree in the numerate Science-based disciplines, Engineering, Business/Economics, Mathematics, Finance or other relevant fields from a reputable University.
- MBA or Accounting/Financial Designations would be an added advantage
- 2 - 5yrs relevant experience e.g. Business Development, Financial Analysis or Asset Management.
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Excellent Presentation/Communication Skills
- Talented, and with a strong interest in Business.
- Thorough understanding of petroleum economics.
- Proven competencies in using Microsoft Office Suite.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Strong analytical skills.
- Networking & Relationship Management.
- Business performance monitoring and reporting.
- Initiative and a keen/acute sense of judgment, decisiveness and self-discipline.
- Creativity and innovation.
- Team playing.
- Oral and written communication.
- Basic understanding of Global and Nigerian Oil & Gas Industry Dynamics.
· Under the direct supervision of the Group Head, Risk Management and Control, the main duties of the Manager, Group Risk Management and Control is to assist the group head in planning, monitoring and supervising the activities of the Risk Management & Control Department and ensure the timely reporting of all issues noted for the Group Chief Financial Officer.
· Plan and supervise work to be carried out by Risk and Control advisors.
· Other specific responsibilities are as follows:
· Ensure the development, implementation, maintenance and continued renewing of a best practice internal control environment.
· Design a control framework for monitoring and reporting on internal controls over the company operations, compliance and financial reporting at the group and subsidiary levels.
· Manage the entities to ensure all procedures and controls inherent in the business are documented and followed, ensure standardization across the group.
· Work with subsidiary companies to assess internal control, perform effectiveness test over processes with significant control deficiencies. Recommend solutions to issues arising from control review and ensure execution of remediation plans.
· Review assurance reports to identify control references and assist in redesigning controls.
CANADIAN SARBANES-OXLEY COMPLIANCE
· Implement NI 52-109 (“Canadian Sarbanes Oxley”) for Oando Energy Resources by:
· Planning and scoping the annual internal control activities including the determining Internal materiality and identifying financial statement areas with high risk of material misstatement and identifying business processes that significantly impact high risk financial statement line items
· Maintaining the Risk control matrix by designing and documenting entity level controls, business process controls, disclosure and fraud preventive controls
· Implementing the COSO framework
· Conducting walkthrough reviews and evaluation of the design of internal controls
· Remediating of design weaknesses
· Developing control testing methodology
· Performing operating effectiveness tests
· Evaluating the significance of internal control deficiencies and reporting on this to management and Board Audit and Risk Committee
· Preparing annual certifications and disclosure for the annual MD&A.
· With the head of risk management, ensure effective management of both Operational and Financial risk and all supporting functions risk across the group office and entities.
· Work with the head of Group Risk Management to:
· Develop a Risk Management Charter, Policies and Procedures (Including credit, Market and liquidity risk policies and procedures).
· Review policies and procedures, conduct awareness campaigns, develop group risk identification and annual assessment plans and monitor and control identified risks.
· Consolidate risks identified across the group and update and maintain a risk register
· Coordinate risk documentation, evaluation, and monitoring with the aim of minimizing operational and financial loss across the group.
· Provide expert knowledge on financial risk and management of those risks
· Develop key risk indicators at the Plc level and guide the subsidiaries risk advisors on same. Ensure consistency of approach.
· Facilitate the periodic Group Risk Management and Control Committee meetings chaired by the Group CFO.
SUPERVISION OF SUBSIDIARIES
· Monitor and review the activities of the risk management managers/risk & control advisors of the Group’s subsidiaries.
· Good knowledge of Internal Control Processes, and Risk Management
· A university degree and preferably a qualified Chartered Accountant with a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience.
· Good knowledge of the regulatory environment and developments
· Strong personality with good organization skills.
· The ability to build, and maintain excellent working relationships with all levels of management.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, organizational and time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
· Analytical thinker.
· Oil and Gas industry dynamics
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.