If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Govemmental Organizations implementing programs for improving Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH). Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS. Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria. etc. We offer professionals. opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration. We seek applications from qualified persons for the following positions on different projects in our organization.
- Lead the implementation of Global Fund and other Malaria programmes ofthe organization. .
- Provide technical support to the National Malaria Programme in policy formulation, communication development, advocacy and routine collation of malaria data
- Provide technical assistance in project implementation and assign responsibilities to staff, taking into cognizance skills and ability of such staff to perform up to expectation.
- Analyze field reports to determine weaknesses in programme delivery and suggest recommendations for improvements.
- Lead the production of programmatic and M and E reports and ensure timely submission of complete
- and effective documentations and reports to the Executives, donors and other stake holders.
- Lead and maintain contact with National Malaria Eradication Programme. donors, other influencing partners and other stakeholders on behalf of the organization.
- Plan, organize, conduct and evaluate trainings and participate in the review and development oftrainingmaterials.
- Coordinate manpower and other organizational development activities.
- Perform advocacy responsibilities. and coordinate fund raising activities in the organization.
- Support other activities; such as development of fundable proposals and provide technical assistance on proposal and project development.
- The successful candidate must be versed in malaria programming in Nigeria with sound experience in healthcommodities marketing, distribution and channel management. The candidate should have experience in managingpartnership with stakeholders and development partners-Global Fund. USAID, DFID, and the World Health
- Organization (WHO) in the implementation of malaria interventions in Nigeria.
Applicants must have a University degree in any of the following related field: Medicine and Public Health, with Master's degree in Public Healthor related field. Minimum of 12years working experience on donor funded Malaria Eradication projects in Nigeria with good knowledge of epidemiology and significant understanding of operations research techniques. Ability to relate effectively with development partners, Civil Society Organizations and MoH at national and state levels. Strong skills in leadership, organizational, analytical, institutional capacity strengthening. Interpersonal and excellent written and oral communication skills with proficiency in computer packages such as MS Word. Excel, Powerpoint, Epi-info and SPSS are necessary. Experience and good understanding of Global Fund principles and procedures is desirable.
go to method of application »
Specific /Job Responsibilities
- Involve in the implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities and ensure that strategies are implemented according to plan
- Work with other project staff and implementing partners to ensure that monitoring and evaluation activities are carried out appropriately to meetthe donor and project's M&E needs
- Support the development and design of the M&E framework, tools and project M&E plans and guidelines and surveillance data for program planning, evaluation. and policy advocacy
- Provide continuous technical assistants on data management to project team.
- Ensure regular maintenance of database/information system
- Contribute effectively at national and sub-national levels to Health Management Information
- System strengthening
- Conduct routine monitoring visits to project sites, including the conduct of data verification and validation and data quality assessments (DQAs) using standard checklists.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly project reports, proposal writing and assessment
- Participate in project assessments, evaluations and design teams, and conduct operational research activities.
- Make presentations to stakeholders at both technical and non-technical sessions on program achievements and deliverables.
- Represent and make appropriate presentation at professional meetings, conferences and .
- Workshops related to Monitoring and Evaluation including M&E Technical Working Group
- (TWG) and other relevant technical committees.
Applicants must have a University degree in any of the following related field: Medicine, Pharmacy, Statistics, Demography and Public Health. A master's degree in public health will be an added advantage. Minimum of 2-3 years' experience in Monitoring and Evaluation in HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis. Malaria or related fields; programs in developing countries: and working experience with Global Fund. USAID or any other donor funded programs is desirable. Applicant's experience must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above.
go to method of application »
- The position will assume direct responsibility for managing all the financial, logistics, and administrative support functions including the following:
- Track the approved budget; ensure timely and appropriate cash flows, matched with the operational needs of assigned projects.
- Visit project sites on quarterly basis for financial monitoring of programme activities.
- Preparation and timely submission of monthly/quarterly financial reports; including accurate keeping of books of account for the project.
- Process all approved payments in line with standard accounting practices and relevant supporting documents.
- Provide administrative and technical support to the implementing partners to ensure that all advances are retired and reports are prepared and submitted on a timely basis. .
- Review retirements submitted by implementing partners and ensure required issues are resolved in good time.
- Efficiently manage payroll and monthly local statutory returns such as PAYEI taxes, Pensions, etc.
A minimum of HND/ BSc. degree in Accounting and ACAlACCA Must also have at least five years working experience in finance and administration with Non-Governmental organizations. Also a demonstration of experience on automated accounting systems (particularly QuickBooks, Microsoft excel, words and power point), good knowledge of internal control systems, financial audit processes and accounting procedures for multiple donor or project accounts-USAI D and DFID grants.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document) explaining suitability for the job; to email@example.com on/or before November 12th, 2013. Please indicate tbe title of post applied for in the subject line of the email .Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applicants are advised to provide their functional emailslmobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as for three professional referees. Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ARFH is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).