Africa has millions of payments everyday day, but very few happen online. In Nigeria, just about 1% of transactions happen online. There are many barriers businesses have to face to accept payments online and that’s what Paystack is fixing.We're making progress. We've simplified the previously difficult customer experience, reduced integration time from an average of 3 weeks to less than 30 mins, and today we can boast of the best transaction success rates in the market
1. A short bio. Nothing stressful.
2. Your favorite applications in terms of design.
3. An answer to the question: What would you change about Paystack?
go to method of application »
1. A resume, or a write up of what you've worked on.
2. The technologies you can use currently.
3. Shiny new technologies you're willing to learn.
go to method of application »
- Candidate is responsible for daily reconciliation of transactions processed on our payment gateway, managing merchant receivables and validation of bank statements and balances.
- Other responsibilities include monthly accounting entries for P&L, balance sheet and cash flows
- Candidate should be well versed in reading and understanding financial statements.
- He or she is responsible for implementing and maintaining a system of internal controls that will ensure that company assets are adequately safeguarded and that all financial reporting is prepared in alignment with all financial policies and compliance requirements. In additional,general administration rel ating to office expenses and invoices will be required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee cash management/reconciliation, financial reporting and balance sheet management.
- Accountable for ensuring that policies and procedures (internal controls) are in place to provide reasonable assurance that the company assets are protected.
- Ensure that company financial records, under responsibility, are maintained in compliance with company policies. Responsible for reviewing monthly/quarterly account reconciliations and other documents to ensure this compliance.
- Establish accounting operational strategies by working with platform development team, identifying requirement gaps, automating processes, and implementing change.
- Coordinate work relating to both internal and external audits in the periodic review of the company financial records. Is further responsible for the implementation of agreed upon recommendations, related to areas of responsibility, resulting from the audit findings.
Prior Experience & Skills:
- Accounting/controller experience within a multinational business.
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions
- Experience in banking. payment processing, or credit card industry
- Strong knowledge of internal controls and financial reporting
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Experience with Sage One entry system a plus
- Good command of written and spoken English
Method of Application
Applicants should send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale