If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL), is a resource and solution management company that specializes in assisting international/Local companies in identifying Potential market opportunities, assisting with permits, sourcing highly skilled employees, bidding on and negotiating contracts and navigating the often complex political and policy environment of many sub Saharan African countries.
- The Site Lifting Specialist will be based on board Contractor vessels during offshore installation activities at SITE. The position is rotational.
- Support of all Client’s Package Construction activities in all Contractor installation vessels in addition to any other vessel(s)or any port(s) where loading and unloading onto/from vessel(s) are carrying out as may be requested by Management.
The holder of the position shall in particular be responsible for:
- Supporting the Vessel Company Representative/RSES-D and HSE Team on board the vessels to ensure all lifting operations are carried out safely inline with Client and Project HSE expectations and objectives.
- Continually liaising with CPLO to ensure that lifting and handling standards within Project specification are consistently respected on offshore installation activities at SITE.
- Ensuring that Company Rules and Procedures(Lifting Management System) regarding handling & lifting operations are well understood and applied by the Contractors.
- Participating/assisting the CPLO in the annual evaluation and review of approved 3rd Party Lifting Equipment
- Certifiers list which will be deployed on offshore installation activities at SITE.
- Providing expertise in day to day handling and lifting activities on offshore installation activities at SITE, which include: categorizing lifts, hazard identifications and risk assessment and technical review(lifting procedures and organizations).
- Acting as Company Lifting representative for lifting operations on offshore installation activities at SITE.
- Working with Contractors to ensure technically acceptable lifting procedures and other related documentations are prepared in advance of lifting activities.
- Assisting the CPLO during assessment of Contractors’ personnel competence to carryout lifting of handling operations.
- Reviewing Lifting Operations Plans for all critical lifting or handling operations on offshore installation activities at SITE.
- Performing tool box talks prior to the beginning of each working shift or when critical lifts are being carried out.
- Participating in the actual lifting activities and carrying out post-SERVICE debriefs in order to Agreement
- The service holder must be capable of ensuring the application of handling and lifting procedures implemented at the offshore installation activities at SITE.
- Has valid certificates of trainings BOSIET or FOET or HUET & SAS
- The service holder must have knowledge of all types of cranes(e.g.crawler, mobile crane without riggers & pedestal, barge crane, offshore cranes with AHC) and lifting operations that occur at offshore installation activities at SITE.
- Knowledge of all aspects of lifting engineering including such items as onshore and offshore load charts, effects of ground bearing capacity, barge stability.
- The ability to prepare(or check) lifting engineering calculations and risk assessments.
- Hold appropriate technical qualification(s) and have sufficient practical experience to demonstrate technical competence.
- Good knowledge of the English Language for effective communication
go to method of application »
- Provide principal expertise in the field of marine operations (except in all associated activities with Tanker Lifting) as required by DGEP rules
- Schedule, plan, prepare, manage and supervise offshore marine operations
- Standing in for Marine Manager Port Harcourt when needed.
- Provide the expertise in the field of marine operations to support marine activities as required by directives EP19, DGEP General Policy for Marine operations and Marine Operations Standards
- Ensure the implementation and application of the COMPANY Marine procedures (guidelines on approach to Offshore installations, etc.), CMS and COMPANY HSE rules by Contractors
- Conduct OVID inspections for Client.
- Advise Offshore Installation Managers for the Marines Operations (loading & unloading cargoes, transfer of pax…)
- Ensure a proper follow up of the condition of the mooring buoys and sufficient numbers
- Participate in the incident investigation and follow-up (implementation of CTA conclusions)
- Monitor and propose corrective actions to Marine related anomaly reports
- Prepare and issue the “Notice of Mariners' to the Logistics Operation Manager
- Conduct inspection of potential and contracted vessels and assessment of the crew
- Monitor and administrate all document control forms to vessels contracted by COMPANY
- Interface with Security Department and address all operational matters with the security vessels
- Participate to Call for Tender process, technical evaluation and selection of contractors, vessels and ensure that technical contractor selection is carried out in accordance with COMPANY requirements and that safety assessment is a part of the selection process.
- Assist in preparing forrig/barge moves and all Marine operations, approving of anchor pattern and anchoring procedures.
- COMPANY Marine Representative for rig and barge moves
- Assist in contractor Marine operations, procedure analysis and follow up of their application on site
- Provide Marine expertise to all departments (Drilling, Projects and Production) concerning marine related activities.
- Responsible for DP audits.(The candidate will be the authority in DP operation for the affiliate(Specialist))
- Inspect on monthly basis the boat landings and issue a comprehensive report regarding their conditions.
- Continually monitor the fast crew boat activities with referent Captains of the contractors.
- Proactively carry out the activities of the job.
- Participate in the Marine risk analysis and emergency plan
- Lead and organize CTA Cause Tree Analysis
- Be responsible for achievement of agreed objectives and corrective actions defined into contractor audit plan
- Adapt to changes in work practices and job activities
- Act in the best interest of the COMPANY at all times.
- Seek out learning opportunities and transfer new skills and knowledge to the job
- Adhere to the values and principles of the COMPANY Code of Conduct at all times
- Willingly and openly share good practice
- Maintain data base for chartered floating units inspection
- Record number of anomaly and incident reports associated to marine activities.
- Demonstrate personal commitment to the HSE Policy
- Maintain awareness of and ensure compliance with all relevant Statutory and COMPANY HSE standards
- Actively participate in COMPANY safety awareness and Safety Committee meetings on Offshore Sites
- Perform regular HSE meeting with marine Contractors
- Marine background and experience in Marine operations holding Master’s certificate for seagoing vessel.
- Valid DP certificate and background as authority in DP(Expert)
- Work as Marine Warranty Surveyor.
- Must have a valid OVID certificate.
- Experience in organisation, planning of personnel transport & logistics
- Education: Marine Engineer or Bachelor Nautical.
- Experience from Rig operations, Rig Mover/OIM.
- The Marine Expert need to be an expert in 4 disciplines, Drilling, AHTS, MWS and DP
go to method of application »
- The Offshore FJC supervisor is responsible for all Offshore FJC activities during his shift and is directly accountable for the correct application and quality of the field joints.
- As the specialist in Coating and Field joint coating process, on board the UFR CTR flow lines laying vessel the Coating Interpreter shall:
- Make sure that applicable coating and FJC documentations are approved and accessible on board,
- Make sure that all Raw Materials certificates are in line with project specifications requirements and available in case of needed
- Make sure that all Raw Materials are stored and monitored as per approved project specifications
- Make sure that factory parent coating cut back areas are well prepared and fit-up are acceptable as per specifications.
- Make sure that Raw materials and equipments used for FJC process are same or similar to the one used for the qualification process.
- Ensure that all factory pipelines coatings and previous FJC coatings are well inspected by CONTRACTOR and all coating damages are repaired prior pipelines installations.
- Supervise all FJC processing and make sure it is done according to good workmanship and in safety manner.
- See all the FJC done during his shift, make his own interpretation of the results and agree with CONTRACTOR representative about the status to be given on the joint. In the absence of TPA on-board the vessel, the FJC Supervisor will act as the highest technical authority on board to validate FJC interpretation.
- Inform the COMPANY Main Representative about all shortcomings, problems and/or major defects detected in the fabrication.
- Ensure that the traceability of FJC results is well maintained onboard through appropriate QC records. Collect the inspection reports carried out during its shift and file them properly on board available for the CY main representative.
During the mobilisation phase, he/she shall be able to judge the capability and skilfulness of applicators in order to support the following:
- Inspection and expertise of any Coating repair on Factory coating and previous FJC carried out as per specifications:
- Evaluation of the specific coating damage to be repaired on board if they are not specified in the FJC documents.
- Assessment of applicators
- Collection of applicators certificates
- Follow-up of applicators
- Safety is the core value of the Client and shall be the first and foremost priority for all COMPANY offshore personnel.
- The OFFSHORE FJC SUPERVISOR shall demonstrate exemplary HSE behavior and ensure that all acts under his supervision are conducted in a safe manner according to the Golden Rules, CONTRACTOR HSE rules and Agreement.
- Post-graduate, Technician in polymers materials
- FROSIO qualification at least level III - preferably - or NACE level III peer review
- Fully conversant with ISO, ASTM and others international Standards
- Having a solid experience in Coating and FJC process especially for the wet insulation coating 5LPP, IMPU processes.
- Fluent in English (verbal and written).
- BOSIET certificate
go to method of application »
The COMPANY Representative is designated Responsible for Safety and Environment on Site delegate(RSES-D) and is directly accountable for the safe execution of the offshore works.
The SERVICE holder is Contractor’s focal point for day to day activity onboard the installation vessel. In a narrow coordination with the Installation team based in Lagos, the SERVICE holder shall:
- Supervise that the agreed procedures are respected during all the offshore presence of the installation vessel on
- Client’s site,mainly for the following activities performed onboard the vessel by Contractor:
- Supply/Barge activities along side or at close vicinity of the vessel
- Transfer of equipment onboard the vessel
- Deck operations
- Lifting, over boarding, lowering and landing of subsea structures
- Subsea/ ROV works
- Ensure that any modification of the agreed procedure is covered by the Management of Change agreed process.
- Sign in due time and when satisfactory preparation level has been achieved each specific Ready For Installation certificate.
- Communicate with onshore support to:
- Plan the coming operations
- Mobilise offshorerelevantpersonnelfrom other packages(i.e.SPS & UmbilicalContractorPersonnel)
- Communicate, in accordance with the defined project procedures, with COMPANY Representative acting onboard other vessel(s) working at Site incase of co-activities or SIMOPS activities.
- Ensure,when relevant, the interface onboard the vessel between MWS Representative and Contractor and ensure, in accordance with MWS agreed scope, that relevant MWS certificate has been issued.
- Ensure that ICAPS are filled, signed and transferred to Contractor’s ICAPS Coordinator
- Ensure recording of daily report activities onboard and approves the daily report issued by CONTRACTOR. This reporting shall include activities onboard the vessel but also any other activities interfacing with his own activities.
The SERVICE holder will lead the COMPANY supervision team on board the vessel.
- The SERVICE holder is responsible, on board the installation vessel, to ensure that COMPANY HSE standards are applied throughout the operations and participates to hazard assessments for any activity involving the vessel.
- The company Representative shall lead the offshore team and shall demonstrate exemplary HSE behavior to ensure all works on the vessel shall be conducted in as a femanner according to the Total Golden Rules,CONTRACTOR HSE rules and international and local regulations.
- He is the COMPANY’s focal point in case of an emergency on board the vessel and ensures proper implementation of the emergency response procedures. In particular the UFR OFFSHORE COMPANY REPRESENTATIVE shall: Regularly call meeting store mind and moti
- Sound background in Oil and Gas installations, Marine Operations and Offshore Construction.
- Minimum 10 years experience in Design and Installation of Subsea/Deepwater Steel Structures or previous exposure to EPCI projects.
- Good knowledge of international structural design codes/standards and general specifications.
- Good organizational skills
- Experience in leadership and team management
- Fluent in English (verbal and written).
- BOSIET certificate
go to method of application »
- The Offshore NDT supervisor is responsible for all Offshore NDT activities during his shift and is directly accountable for the correct interpretation of all AUT and other NDT activities.
As the specialist in pipe line/structural Non Destructive Testing, on board the CTR flow lines laying vessel the NDE Interpret or shall:
- Make sure the weld preparation and fit-up are acceptable as per specifications.
- Make sure the welds and their nondestructive testing are duly identified.
- Ensure that NDE equipment and procedure on use on board are in accordance with the project specifications.
- Ensure all pipeline welds AUT or X-rayed during his shift are duly interpreted by the NDE agents of Contractor.
- Supervise NDE processing and make sure it is done according to good workmanship.
- Witness all the NDE done during his shift, make his own interpretation of the results and agree with the NDE CONTRACTOR about the status to be given to the welds. In the absence of TPA on board the vessel, the NDE Supervisor will act as the highest technical authority on board to validate NDE interpretation.
- Inform the Company Main Representative about all short comings, problems and/or major defects detected in the fabrication.
- Ensure that the trace ability of NDE results is well maintained on board through appropriate QC records. Collect the inspection reports carried out during its shift and file them properly on board available for the CY main representative.
- Liaise with welding specialist when required
During the mobilization phase, he shall be able to judge the capability and skillfulness of welders in order to support the following:
- Inspection and expertise of any NDE carried out on installation aids or auxiliary fabrications as per specifications.
- Evaluation of the NDE to be carried out on auxiliary fabrications if they are not specified in the NDE manual.
- Assessment of welders
- Collection and verification of welders certificates
- Follow-up of welders
Safety is the core value of the Total Group and shall be the first and foremost priority for all Company offshore personnel. The NDT Supervisor shall demonstrate exemplary HSE behavior and ensure that all acts under his supervision are conducted in a safe manner according to the Golden Rules, Contractor HSE rules and all international and local regulations. In particular the NDT Supervisor shall:
- Report safety improvements, anomalies and incidents according the HSE management system on board the vessel
- Stop immediately all unsafe acts by Company, Contractor or third party personnel
- Be a safety leader for all Contractor and subcontractor staff in his domain of supervision
- Not engage in any unsafe acts
- Previous offshore AUT experience on board J-Lay a pipe laying vessel AUT and X-ray radiography interpretation qualification up to date Certified UT inspector:
- Level 2 (3rd party) as per ISO 9712 or,
- Level 3 as per ISO 9712
- Fully conversant with DNV OS-F101/API 11-4 welding code as well as GS EPPLR 420/421 and430
- Having a solid experience in AUT and film reading for offshore pipeline
- Fluent in English (verbal and written). BOSIET certificate
Method of Application
To apply, visit DEBSL Career Page