Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization (WEWE) is a registered local NGO with its head office in Abuja FCT. (WEWE) is soliciting for consultants to fill job vacancies for a 5-year USAID funded project called "Local Partners for Orphans and Vulnerable Children (LOPIN)" Project for Anambra, Imo, Akwa-Ibom and Rivers States.
Qualifications and Skills
- A minimum of a university degree or equivalent in English, Linguistics, Library Science, social sciences, mass communication or journalist or related fields
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in communications, information science and knowledge management
- Extremely strong computer skills, with knowledge of relevant publishing software such as but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite (Ms. Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), Desktop Publishing (Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, PDF, illustrator, InDesign – CorelDraw, Serif Page Plus), Media Production (including audio and video documentary – Adobe Media Suite), Social Media Campaigns (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, LinkedIn), Website Design and Content Management (Joomla, WordPress, Adobe Dreamweaver, Firefox), Professional Photography with ability to use graphics
- Extremely strong writing and oral in English language with particular skill strong scientific and research writing skills
- A postgraduate degree in a relevant field related to publishing and editorial work
- Organize external senior management meetings, coordinate and manage protocol for high delegation meetings and manage press for public interviews for WEWE LOPIN management
- Experience in administration such as record keeping, filing, copies documents and confirms appointments
- Coordinate staff meeting, prepare agendas and takes minutes of meetings as required.
Highly skilled and experienced in:
- Editing technical and scientific documents and articles (proofreading, copy and line editing and substantive editing);
- Desktop design and layout of technical documents in compliance with donor branding and marking requirements,
- Outreach and events coordination with experience in developing press release, media coverage, press fact sheets, developing scene setters, liaise with US Embassy public affairs units and manage print, radio and TV media relation journalists and website information management
- Identifying and effectively communicating project success through messages using by developing success stories, case studies, short documentaries, website, consortium websites, social media sites, dailies, community and state radios, television, various development sites, and appropriate conferences.
go to method of application »
Scope of Work
- Liaise with the Director of Monitoring and Evaluation to develop publishable papers from the activities & findings of the organization (WEWE-LOPIN Project)
- To review available data
- Review global literature on related topics
- Draft write ups in conjunction with research team of WEWE-LOPIN Project.
- Minimum of a Master degree in any specialty
- Evidence of previous research work and publications in international peer review journals
- Ability to work in a group of other researchers
- Good references from referees
go to method of application »
Scope of Work
- To train selected field officers on Village Savings and Contribution Association (VSCA)
- To support the establishment of this association for care givers in our project communities
- To facilitate the procurement of the necessary tool kits needed for the VSCA set up in the communities.
- To provide technical supports needed in the successful running of this association for the desired outcome.
- A minimum of ( 3 years) of practical experience in Village Savings and Contribution Association (VSCA)
- Experience in OVC Programming with reputable NGO or donor agency
- Great experience in Household Economic Strengthening strategies also needed
- B.Sc. in Social Science
- A high proficiency in the use of computer, particularly in MS Excel, and MS Word
- Relevant professional qualifications and effective verbal and written communication will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their comprehensive CV and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MS word document) explaining suitability for the job; to: email@example.com WEWE's recruitment process for this position will be on a rolling basis, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Kindly indicate the title of the position applied for and the location in the subject line of the email.
- All applicants are advised to include functional emails/mobile phone number as well as full contact information for at least three referees on CV.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale