Fresh Jobs at The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
Posted on: 14 March, 2016
Deadline: 25 March, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at ICRC - International Committee of
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below.The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below.
- Responsible for the organization, implementation of standard operational procedures and providing support to the hospital nurses in delivery of quality emergency surgical care to patients
- Contributes to organization of the set-up of the Accident & Emergency (A&E) department at State Specialist Hospital Maiduguri
- Clinical supervision of operational activities in the Accident & Emergency area
- Establishes a sound working relationship with the hospital staff involved in emergency care
- Contributes to good stock control and efficient use of hospital equipment
- Compiles clinical data from Accident & Emergency department
- Registered Nurse with 2-3 years of experience A&E room and in surgical care
- Provide support and education to medical staff and nurses in the Emergency department especially in the management of critical surgical emergencies.
- Proven ability to work with people of varied cultural and social backgrounds
- Flexible, diplomatic and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills
- Ability to clinically supervise ongoing work practice, safe staffing levels and problem solving
- Good coordination and communication skills
- Very good communication skills, especially when it comes to speaking and listening
- Emotional stability and to be able to work in stressful and traumatic situations, while keeping empathy towards patients
- Flexibility and quick response capacity to endure recurrent changes in working schedule, to be able to work for long hours and act swiftly in emergencies.
- Great interpersonal skills, to be able to work well with a variety of situation with different people.
- Good physical endurance and to be able to perform frequent physical tasks, standing for long time while maintaining good energy
- Good problem solving skills and to be able to think quickly and address problems as/or before they arise.
- Be able to maintain respect to his/her patients, colleagues and profession/duty in different circumstances
go to method of application »
- Ensures economic use of vehicles independently
- Organizes and plans the drivers' duties and schedule
- Monitors and updates car use and fuel consumption
- Keeps tracks on all vehicle movements using standard ICRC Tools
- Manages and supervises the pool of drivers
- Reports and provides statistical data according to procedures.
- Organizes car attribution.
- Performs administrative work
- Secondary education
- 4 years work experience in a similar function
- Heavy vehicle Driving licence
- Driving license for at least 5 years and succeeded in ICRC Driving test
- Good computer skills
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Excellent knowledge of the geographically assigned environment
- Masters 4/4 and VHF use
- Basic mechanical skills
- Good sense of Security management
- Good leadership skills
- Well organized and attention to details
go to method of application »
- Supervises specific aspects of logistics independently
- Handles logistical files independently for all matters related to Requisition Orders, Purchasing and Warehousing
- Performs various Logistics functions, Local Purchase, Fleet management, Warehousing (including medical warehouse), dispatch, and statistics
- Ensures that the departments have their needs and requests addressed within a reasonable timeframe, in accordance to ICRC procedures
- Implements and runs logistic procedures
- Negotiates contractual matters with external interlocutors
- Supervises independently the work performed by team members
- Maintains independently the ICRC logistic computer systems
- University degree in logistic or administration
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar field
- Capacity to carry out complex activities
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently and sense of initiative
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Other languages an asset
- Excellent computer skills (Word and Excel), including ICRC standard computer systems
- Capacity to deal with people, to lead and to develop contact
- Driving licence an asset
- Capacity to integrate the ICRC logistic procedures
- Rigorous, methodical and accurate
- High organizational skills
- Honesty & integrity.
- Able to cope with stressful situations.
- Manages his own time reporting
- Flexibility, availability to work over time when needed
- Strong sense of responsibility and adaptability
- Willingness to learn
Method of Application
Persons interested and qualified should send application letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to
Please clearly indicate Job Title, EG; “Accident and Emergency Room Nurse" as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 25.03.2016. Late application will not be considered
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information about the ICRC, please visit our website www.icrc.org
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about ICRC - International Committee of the Red CrossSimilar Jobs
- Psychologist at Neem Foundation
- Consultant - Data Analyst for the Public Perception Survey/Citizen Report at ActionAid Nigeria
- Consultant at the Bureau for Institutional Reform and Democracy (BiRD)
- Job Opportunities at Crown Agents
- IT and Communications Assistant at AS Operations West Africa Limited
- Fresh Vacancies at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
- ICT Assistant at The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Job Openings at Plan International Nigeria