General Electric (GE) is an American multinational conglomerate corporation incorporated in New York and headquartered in Fairfield, Connecticut. The company operates through the following segments: Energy [2013 inactive], Technology Infrastructure, Capital Finance as well as Consumer and Industrial.
The Digital Solutions Services Manager has overall regional responsibility to lead the Bently Nevada, Control Solutions, Inspection Technologies and Measurement Solutions Services Teams across Sub Sahara Africa. In this role, you will partner closely with the Sales, Commercial Operations, Project Management and functional teams to drive profitable growth, improve quality of execution and customer satisfaction while developing local talents for growth.
The Digital Solutions Services Manager demonstrates accountability for functional, business and broad company objectives. In this role, you will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional area of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall business strategy across SSA.
- Run the full operation of the Services function in the designated region
- Be accountable for regional Services Operating plan for services sales, orders and Contribution Margins
- Lead efforts on team development and the execution of the Services Growth Strategy
- Stand responsible for building strong long term relationships with key customers / accounts
- Lead complete field resources management efforts
- Work closely with region Sales Leaders to ensure appropriate sales coverage and support opportunities to achieve the services orders plan for the region
- Provide the operational leadership needed to drive profitable growth
- Stand responsible for overall business management duties for assigned Field Services Engineers
- Provide accurate and timely information to assigned personnel regarding salary planning, performance appraisals, and career coaching and disciplinary actions as needed.
- Build and promote a strong and compliant EHS culture and monitor adherence to EHS policies by team members.
- Identify the growth avenues for Services in the region by meeting customers, capturing the requirements and translating them in opportunities.
- Supervise the quality of services deliverables and create processes to standardize them.
- Provide continuous feedback to team members and facilitate improving their skills by nominating them for appropriate technical and soft skill trainings.
- Monitor and strive to maintain the planned assigned time of individual specialists and keep the unassigned time below the target by utilizing available resources to work on initiatives of improving productivity.
- Be accountable for the NPS (net promoter score) of Services jobs and assign action items based on the feedback.
- Ensure services quality standards including calibration of instruments are firmly adhered to.
- Monitor quality of site communication and help team members in improving them
- Create a culture and mechanism of sharing knowledge and best practices among the team members
- Think ahead, prepare for the future, understand Digital Solutions direction, and work closely with Sales to bring solutions to solve customers’ problems.
- Minimum four-year Bachelor of Engineering degree from an accredited college or university (engineering discipline: Electrical,
Instrumentation or Mechanical preferred)
- Must have at least 10 years of post-qualification experience working in Energy, Power and/or Oil & Gas industries.
- At least 3 years of experience in a management role.
- Demonstrated deep technical domain expertise in the field of O&G Services.
- Proven leadership skills in a matrix organization
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks swiftly and simultaneously and work with minimum direct supervision
- Proven strong organizational, analytical, and problem solving abilities
- Demonstrated solid understanding of basic financial concepts and metrics
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills to convey technical concepts to business and technical personal.
- Ability to surf through stressful working conditions and never lose sight on main goals.
- Embrace Customer service mindset and leverage strong relationship and interpersonal skills.
- Embody understanding of GE Beliefs and how they apply in a customer facing services team.
- Solid computer skills on Microsoft applications
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or physical science is preferred - Six Sigma training is preferred - Strong business acumen and commercial savvy - Ability to manage effectively in a dynamic and fast-paced environment - Strong customer service mindset - Effective team contributor and member - Ability to energize teams through inclusiveness and connection with people - Working knowledge of contract terms and conditions - Familiarity with project labor and material quoting tools - Ability to build trust by respecting the ideas and contributions of everyone - Strong oral and written communication skills - Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Job Segments: Engineer, Electrical, Business Manager, Manager, Environmental Health & Safety, Engineering, Management, Healthcare
An internship at GE enables you to interact with innovators in your field whilst being mentored by leaders who will develop your potential through hands-on experience that will equip you with the right skills in your chosen career field. The vast majority of our graduate hires into our leadership development programs were interns with us first!
Candidates undertake challenging work activities in their area of discipline under close supervision; network with peers, colleagues and leadership; undertake basic training and development and receive formal developmental feedback. The 12-month internship program combines hands-on experience with training to equip participants with the tools and knowledge to embark on a GE career.
- Excellent ‘people’ skills and phone conversation skills
- Business, Engineering or Communications Major preferred; others considered
- Above Average Grade Performance in College
- Proficiency in Excel,
- Prior Experience using salesforce.com preferred but not required
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- Above Average Grade Performance in College - Proficiency in Excel
Job Segments: Intern, Engineer, Entry Level, Engineering
The Engineering Leader directs functional area of a major business segment, translates concepts, develops strategy, and implements change. In this role you will create programs responsive to external environment and participate in cross-functional business and cultural development.
PRODUCT SUPPORT OF THE INSTALLED BASE
- Responsible for the oversight of the related sciences including materials and performance
- Lead and develop quality engineering design, execution and product safety for the portfolio of GE products and services
- Ensure a rigorous process is followed in the execution of Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Action of product and process issues
- Provide leadership with high integrity and oversight of processes protecting Intellectual Property, Export Controlled and Strategic Technology
- Drive the development and application of consistent design practices and sharing of design best practices across the GE businesses
DEVELOP TECHNICAL SOLUTIONS: for Products/Services during the Identify phase, integrating technical solutions in to the offer during the Propose and Contract phases.
- Drive technology synergies and integration across the company
- Provide Competitive Assessment regarding the business / products
- Lead the conceptual design of the technical solution, supporting the preparation, submission, tracking and closing of quotations and proposals.
- Effectively coordinate relationships and interfaces with Commercial Operations, Application engineering and Product management to ensure timely iterations.
SERVE AS OIL&GAS TECHNICAL EXPERT IN THE GE COMMUNIT
- Serve through demonstrated technical accomplishments including holding patents, component design and systems design experience, and strong knowledge of mechanical design fundamentals
- Focal point for Customer collaboration and technical innovation
- Serve as key member of the Engineering Division staff, providing guidance, leadership, mentoring and intervention, as necessary, to strengthen the discipline, quality, reliability and rigor of our engineering work
- Execute functional responsibility for the Chief Engineers, Product Safety and Technical Regulations and Standards Organizations
· Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science
· At least 10 additional years of technical leadership experience in a manufacturing or shop environment, including leading teams of engineers, specialists, and individuals across the business
· At least 5 years of experience in a manufacturing and/or engineering role
· Prior experience with a focus on managing technical programs and designing and developing new products related to solving product issues
· Prior experience with New Product Development (NPI) process, Lean Principles, and management methodologies
· Strong coaching expertise and success in working across the business functions, other GE businesses, and the global teams
· Solid business acumen and customer mindset
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
· Strong oral and written communication skills · Strong interpersonal and leadership skills · Six Sigma training
Job Segments: Energy, Gas, Oil, Engineer, Electrical, Engineering
In addition, as our new Software Solutions Sales Leader you will:
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
To apply, click on preferred job titles below: