The International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in developing countries, It is committed to financing private sector businesses in emerging markets, mobilizing capital in the international finance markets, helping clients improve social and environmental sustainability and providing advisory services to governments and businesses.
Background / General description:
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) Lagos, Nigeria is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified candidate for the post of Team Assistant.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 3 year term appointment.
Duties and Accountabilities:
• The Team Assistant will carry out the full range of office support work, including managing processes and monitoring schedules related to their team’s/unit’s products and tasks. They typically report to an Office Administrator, Executive Assistant or Office Manager and initially work under close supervision and guidance. They coordinate extensively with service units and liaise frequently with team members both at headquarters and in the field, as well as external counterparts. TAs may also be assigned responsibility for some aspect of the unit’s administrative functions.
• Draft routine correspondence, a variety of standard documents and proofread materials in English, applying effective proofreading and grammar skills
• Incorporates agreed comments into documents, making full use of shared drives and software capabilities
• Uses word processing or desktop publishing skills to produce complex text, reports, figures, graphs, etc., according to standard Bank formats and distribution
• Coordinates schedules taking priorities into account, monitors changes, and communicates the information to appropriate staff, inside and outside the immediate work unit, including officials outside the Bank Group
• Solves non-routine problems (e.g., responds to requests requiring file search, etc.).
• Assists in the preparation and logistical planning for various events, e.g. conferences, workshops, negotiations, functions etc
• In conjunction with and under guidance from staff in a specific discipline (i.e., Resource Mangaement, etc.) monitor specific activities, (i.e., task budget, etc.) within their teams or clusters
• Tracks assisgned task/project steps/timetables, coordinates with relevant staff and provides assistance and/or information on project-related matters
• Maintains current distribution lists, phone/address lists of project/product contacts, and distributes documents for the team
• Maintains up-to-date work unit project and other files (both paper and electronic)
• Coordinate extensively with other departments and liaise frequently with team members in different regions
• Act as back-up for colleagues as determined by primary supervisor
• Participate in mission field work as required
• Minimum Bachelor’s or equivalent degree
• 4 - 5 years’ work experience
Essential specialized skills, knowledge & competencies
•Technology and systems knowledge – Demonstrates advanced knowledge and experience working with Microsoft office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.). Has ability and willingness to maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
•Project and task management – Exhibits good organizational, problem-solving skills and ability to work competently with minimal supervision. Demonstrates attention to detail and quality. Has ability to manage multiple tasks and complete tasks within agreed schedule.
• Institutional policies, processes and procedures – Demonstrates knowledge of own department’s programs and products, knows key players, understands own role. Displays understanding of WB policies and procedures relevant to the area of assigned responsibilities and is able to apply/implement them.
• Versatility and adaptability – Demonstrates flexibility and is receptive to the implementation of new solutions. Is willing to stretch own capability. Demonstrates motivation to avail and adapt oneself to effecting change.
• Client Orientation – Exhibits positive and professional client service attitude; is able to understand clients’ needs and complete them professionally.
• Drive for Results – Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results, and has the personal organization to do so.
• Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion – Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team’s work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
• Knowledge, Learning and Communication – Has good knowledge of official unit’s language (s). Able to write clearly, edit and proofread draft communications. Able to learn and share knowledge/information across the unit.
• Business Judgement and Analytical Decision Making – Able to manage information and support retention and disposition of information and records. Can search, report, and deliver basic information from various sources and independently respond to basic inquiries.
Background / General description:
The International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, creates opportunity for people to escape poverty and improve their lives. IFC fosters sustainable economic growth in developing countries by supporting private sector development, mobilizing private capital, and providing advisory and risk mitigation services to businesses and governments. For more information, please visit www.ifc.org.
The IFC Lagos Office is looking to recruit an experienced Investment Officer/Senior Investment Officer (IO/SIO) for its team. Reporting to the Country Manager of the IFC Lagos office, IO/SIO will serve as a key counterpart to the IBRD/IDA on areas of joint collaboration and will be responsible for leading certain aspects of the IFC Investment and Advisory Services program in the country along with business development and relationship management with key stakeholders. In particular, the IO/SIO will spend a significant amount of time supporting the Public Private Partnerships Department which provides advisory assistance, primarily to governments, on Private-Sector Participation (PPP) in infrastructure and other public services, as well as the restructuring of state-owned enterprises. The services help to establish Public-Private Partnerships through which governments can obtain increased services under budget constraints while benefiting from private sector expertise, management, and finance. This involves intensive relationship management with government, business representatives and World Bank Group stakeholders. The position involves frequent regional and some international travels.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 5 year term appointment.
Duties and Accountabilities:
These will include but not be limited to:
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click on preffered job titles to apply online.