Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
To assume full responsibility and accountability of the portfolio (as per attached) of potential and existing non-performing loans under the control of PBB Credit of Stanbic IBTC Bank Plc to ensure deployment of effective recovery strategies through the introduction of best practice and maintaining appropriate and uniform recovery policies and practices across all portfolios. To work with the appropriate Business Units and Credit team to establish and implement strategies to minimize NPLs and maximise on recoveries on Written off accounts. This is achieved through the establishment of the Country Watchlist Committee and thereafter through the Watchlist Process where BS&R actively assists and oversee the Watchlist strategy with the Business Unit.
Manage and lead staff to ensure the minimisation of loss to the Stanbic IBTC Bank (Nigeria) by constantly improving the collections on NPLs, written off accounts as well as managing the rehabilitation and retention policy, so as to have the accounts redefined as performing. Ensure that appropriate collection tactics are implemented and security items are timeously and efficiently repossessed and realised; that adequate provisions are kept and that impairment charges comply with policy guidelines; expedite recoveries on the Post Write Off portfolio to enhance profits and ultimately develop and maintain and sustain good working relationships with the other business units within the Standard Bank as well as external stakeholders.
• Compliance with statutory, regulatory and supervisory requirements, to protect the reputation of the Group and to avoid legal action/sanction in respect of regulatory compliance matters.
• Utilizing effective recovery strategies to recover money on assigned NPLs and Written off accounts either in-house or by out-sourcing.
• Ensure compliance to credit policies and procedures.
• Report to Head of BB Evaluation/Recovery on changes and results on NPL accounts.
• Liaise with business partners on monitoring of accounts in early stages of delinquencies.
• Increasing awareness amongst staff of legislation and developments applicable to the business.
• Rendition of periodic reports on allocated NPLs and Written off accounts.
• To liaise with relevant units in ensuring adequacy of loan loss provisions in line with CBN regulations and Group standard.
• Comply with all the necessary systems and controls put in place to properly manage the NPL book, and maximise the rehabilitation of watchlist accounts in arrears.
• To manage and control collection strategies and campaigns within the NPL and written off environment with the aim of maximizing collection effectiveness and efficiency.
• Ensure effective and efficient repossession and disposal processes, secure storage facilities to be in place, and realising any attributable security on assigned accounts.
• Control and manage regularisation of accounts.
• Continuously participate in re-evaluating collection process in the country.
• Resolve all customer queries that arise on accounts in the NPL (as allocated) category.
• Liaise with relevant business units on developments within PBB Credit and their needs.
• Co-operative relationships between the various participants in the credit recovery processes.
• Participate in an effective Business Solution and Recoveries structure and team, ensuring that all the required functions are adequately and timeously addressed.
• Keep abreast of statutory governance and legislation applicable to the Credit Control environment.
• Comply with statutory, regulatory and supervisory requirements, to protect the reputation of the Group and to avoid legal action / sanction in respect of regulatory compliance matters.
• Adherence to internal controls and regulatory requirements and enhance procedures, in need.
• Report any breaches and exposures to the unit head and / or the division’s Regulatory Compliance Officer.
• Maintain high ethical standards to prevent market abuse.
• Provide relevant MI information to Head of BS&R.
• Control and manage all records on action taken on accounts assigned.
• Implement collection strategies and campaigns.
• Maintain a high level of customer service.
• Control and monitor assigned NPL and Written off accounts outsourced e.g Court Orders for Repossession.
• Manage and maintain workflow.
• Any delegated ad-hoc function from Head of BS&R.
Key performance measures
• NPL not to exceed agreed target as per KPI.
• Manage the impairment charges.
• Timely and accurate submission of all required returns / reports.
• To provided Customer Service to internal and external customers to ensure that queries/issues are resolved expeditiously.
• Co-operative relationships between the various participants in the credit recovery processes, inclusive of attorneys, liquidators, auctioneers, trustees and debt collections agencies.
Key dimensions of the job
• Total Number of accounts accountable for as per approved organisational structure.
• NPL not to exceed agreed target as per KPI.
• Recoveries rate.
• Continuous staff development.
• Credit Risk Management: Credit Evaluation and Credit Support Units (collaterals and account management) - for assistance on facility and security details
• Personal and Business Banking: Account Executives – for background information on new clients defaulting on payments
• Personal and Business Banking: Manager, New Business - for background information on new clients defaulting on payments
• Legal Department: legal advice on the most plausible method of recovery
• Tracing agents: for assistance where internal tracing has been unsuccessful
• Attorneys, auctioneers, and debt collections agencies in terms of Service Level Agreements
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.