Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION) is a results-orientated Social Business, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services. MSION’s goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services.
MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which operates in over 42 countries worldwide.
The post holder is required to demonstrate: initiative; energy; persistence; results orientation; drive; integrity and discretion; enthusiasm; and commitment to personal development to further MSI’s partnership mission of enabling individuals to have children by choice not chance.
Your responsibilities as a Driver shall include;
- · Maintaining a high level of professionalism in driving assigned persons at all times.
- · To ensure that MSION attains high standard quality care of vehicles at all times.
- · To ensure that vehicles are in good working conditions at all times.
- · To report all damages to Procurement/Logistics Officer for necessary action.
- · To channel all requests for repairs, maintenance, and fuel through the Logistics Officer.
- · To ensure that all keys are safely kept the in the key box.
- · To run project vehicle/s as appointed by the State Team Leader or any other manager.
- · To keep daily record of vehicle mileage.
- · To collect weekly itinerary from the State Team Leader
- · To return all vehicles to office immediately after approved use.
- · Maintain a logbook and analyse fuel consumption
- · Record service delivery data on outreach visits
- · Collecting, recording and reconciliation of cash on outreach site visits
- · To perform other administrative duties as may be assigned.
- · Must have at least GCE O’level /SSCE certificate or higher.
- · Holder of a clean and valid driver’s licence
- · Knowledge of the road network in the state
- · Organisation, initiative, tidiness, courtesy and good communication skills
- · English and local languages
- · Capacity to work as a team member
go to method of application »
The post is part of the Programmes Operations Team which aims to deliver programmes of high impact across the majority of Nigeria’s states. It plays a key creative and energising role in creating demand for MSION’s services raising awareness of the types of services available, disseminating information about the services and their importance and stimulating interest in clients to use them. Using a range of techniques, they reach different segments of the market (adolescents, married, unmarried, younger, older, men, women) and inform MSION’s delivery teams of the specific needs of these groups so that services can be amended accordingly. MSION CMMOs work with Social Franchise outlets, MSION’s clinic and Outreach teams. They link with the MSION Sales teams.
Using the geographical boundaries develop a clear list of potential target groups by segment, identifying issues that affect community to access, utilization and uptake of RH, long acting contraception and family planning services
- · Identify promotion partners (eg SF owners)
- · Document a database of contacts and interests to track input
- · Make choices on whom to target when, why and how
- · Establish and maintain relationships with the media and other networks
- · List local leaders (Govt, non-government, religious etc) Active and growing database with contacts and information
Reported choices and agreed targets quarterly Activities with agreed target groups that result in them using MSION strategic services (O/R, SF, SM, clinic)
- CMMOs must be able to speak with authority and confidence about community attitudes and family planning. They must therefore have knowledge gained through study or equivalent professional experience on modern contraception, health services and local community organisation
- Computer literate is an advantage
- Able to communicate fluently in the local Nigerian Language
- Good understanding of the local area and ability to investigate and analyse
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Essential to this work is demonstrated drive and creativity to find new ways of communication and engaging with potential clients across a range of market segments with specific examples of when you have found new ways to resolve a project issue.
- Demonstrated empathy in working in underserved communities and working to impact on the lives of women
- Networking skills are essential
- Experience in managing volunteers an advantage
- Strong organizational abilities that enable you to manage your workload, follow through on objectives and meet deadlines
- Proven communications, presentation and negotiation skills. You must be able to “sell” the services that MSION offers in a way that attracts support and report clearly and without prejudice on outcomes
go to method of application »
This role reports to the Assistant Director, Operations and provides strategic leadership to MSION on all matters relating to Social Franchising in MSION’s strategic goals. S/he leads and manages oversight of the successful delivery of work setting and meeting ambitious CYP targets, delivering and reporting against all contract commitments and leading a motivated and innovative SF team.
The post is part of the Programmes Operations Team which aims to deliver programmes of high impact across the majority of Nigeria’s states using four integrated channels of intervention: Social Franchise, Outreach, Sales and Marketing; and a Marie Stopes Centre. Within this team the SF Manager uses his or her excellent understanding of the business model to realize a successful franchise model complementary to interventions in other channels and reaching high numbers of couples with a sustainable service.
- Strategic leadership ability with proven competency in analyzing contexts to identify workable programme inputs and communicate them to others for support
- Creative and innovative with specific examples of when you have found new ways to resolve a project issue.
- Demonstrated numeracy able to design and track budgets, project volumes and demonstrate efficiencies
- A proven leader able to manage team and individual performance for optimal productivity
- Strong organizational abilities that enable you to meet deadlines
- Proven communications,presentationandnegotiation skills. You must be able to “sell” the services that MSION offers in a way that attracts franchisees to join the network and maintain high quality.
go to method of application »
Marie Stopes International Organisation, Nigeria (MSION) implements programs to meet the reproductive health needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access to and use of appropriate services. The ClinicalQuality Assurance Advisor is a member of the Clinical Services Team and is responsible for ensuring high quality clinical standards among the three service delivery channels: Centres of Excellence, Outreaches and Blue Star Social Franchising services, in line with the global Marie Stopes International (MSI) mantra of One World One Standard. This includes the provision of high quality training in MSI core FP and PAC services among the three channels as well as external SRH providers, where appropriate. The post will be based in Abuja and Enugu, but with regular travel to the centre, outreach and social franchisees in other states within a region. The duties and responsibilities presented below may change as centre activities evolve and expand.
Planning for Quality Technical Assurance (QTA)
- · Responsible for quality technical assistance in MSI’s core services throughout MSION’s three tiers: Centres of Excellence, Outreach Services and BlueStar Social Franchising
- · Perform quality needs assessment at all MSION clinical service delivery sites before each QTA commences
- · Spearhead well-coordinated information for facilities/service providers before each clinical Quality Assurance activity.
- · Provide guidance in preparation of materials and logistics for various levels of facilities/service providers before, during and after each clinical Quality Assurance activity.
- · Have and in-depth understanding of QTA and be conversant with various MSI QTA Tools, such as Centre Scan, Star Scan, QTA check list etc.
- · Provide support for Clinical teams managing performance problems / challenges within teams and where necessary, consult with the Clinical Services Manager (CSM).
- · Ensure availability of all relevant training materials needed in training various levels of trainees
- · Identify appropriate training needs within teams and, in consultation with the
Providing Quality Technical Assurance
- · Conduct regular internal Quality Technical Assistance visits in all MSION clinical services delivery points to ensure that high quality clinical standards are consistently met.
- · Provide advice and guidance to the Clinical Training Officers in the region on MSIONs quality assurance processes.
- · Coordinate Clinical Training Officers within the region and provide appropriate and relevant training materials, documents, models and stationery to be purchased for each training.
- · Coordinate delivery of clinical trainings to ensure that the quality of trainings conforms to the Marie Stopes international Medical Development Team training standards and that of Federal Ministry of Health.
- · Follow up on all challenges/ complaints emanating from any clinical training sessions and ensure they are addressed professionally where necessary consult with CSM
- · Assist the Marketing Team with interviews relating to clinical issues to protect MSION reputation
- · While on monitoring visits, identify appropriate training needs within facilities/service providers and, in consultation with the Clinical Services Manager, arrange for appropriate trainings.
- · Willingness to travel at least 60%
- · Perform any other reasonable duties as requested by the Clinical Services Manager.
Communication and administration
- · Maintain an updated database of key trainings/orientations offered teams and other partners
- · Keep and manage records of all centre activities including minutes of centre teams meetings.
- · Ensure formal communications with the various health partners are properly documented
- · Follow up on all clients complaints relating to any of the MSION services and make recommendations.
- · Investigate minor and major clinical incidents using the Incident Reporting Template and submit report to the CSM
- · Make proper use of available information systems in MSI to facilitate service delivery & trainings
- · Participate actively in relevant workshops and conferences and contribute to the review of clinical standards and protocols for the benefit of MSION and its affiliates.
- · Remain clinically active in MSION core services and support the centres to provide clinical services as and when the pressing need arises and deemed necessary by the CSM.
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing, Midwifery or Medicine
- Masters degree in Public Health or International Health an advantage
- Senior Nurse/Midwives with training experience in Sexual and Reproductive health care delivery
- Evidence of good standing with a recognised clinical related professional body.
- Evidence of basic managerial qualification
Skills and Experience
- At least 5-years post-graduation experience [ESSENTIAL]
- Experience of working in Sexual and Reproductive Health [ESSENTIAL]
- Experience in implementing quality assurance/quality improvement projects
- Excellent project management and coordination skills (ESSENTIAL)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. [ESSENTIAL]
- Work experience with a non-governmental organization (DESIRABLE)
- Articulate and analytical with attention to details (ESSENTIAL)
- Must have requisite experience to work with minimum supervision.
- Attitude / Motivation:
- Sympathetic to women and men seeking Family Planning and Reproductive Health services [ESSENTIAL] Be able to work on own initiative and motivate others to achieve results Customer focused with good interpersonal skills to engage with people at all levels –government, donor and community Passionate about field work Motivates team members to deliver high quality service and results
- Team player
- Self motivator and able to motivate others to achieve results.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should apply by email with CV and suitability statement as a single attachment to email@example.com not later than Friday 1st May 2015.MSION is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to achieving gender balance within the organization. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
The subject of the email should be the POSITION TITLE/LOCATION and the CV/Suitability statement should be saved in theapplicant’s full name. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.