InterContinental Lagos comprise of 352 well-appointed, elegantly decorated rooms and suites as well as a Club InterContinental floor. Guests have access to an all-day dining restaurant, two specialty restaurants, room service and the pool bar for lighter meal choices and snacks. The lobby lounge and cocktail bar is perfect setting for casual meetings over coffee or drinks. In addition, for the health conscious traveler there is a health club bar serving fresh juices. InterContinental Lagos also offer exclusive business and conference facilities including a state of the art ballroom with a foyer area, and several additional flexible meeting and breakout. Other amenities include a fully-equipped gym, outdoor pool, and retail space. We are currently recruiting our Assistant Human Resources Manager As the Assistant HR Manager, you will work with the Director of HR and HR Team to deliver the overall HR Plan through a proactive and professional HR customer service approach. You will also design, distribute and update the HR yearly calendar to reflect the overall plan of the department's objectives, best practices and measures.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- To support and/or participate in projects and initiatives aimed at supporting business strategies and practices
- Assist the Director of HR in coaching the line colleagues within the department in the overall understanding and ownership of Employee Relations matters.
- Provide professional advice and counsel in all aspects of the employment cycle to ensure a consistent approach and compliance with statutory requirements and corporate policy and procedures.
- Support and co-ordinate InterContinental Lagos manpower plans, including direct reports.
- Work with Director of HR to effectively recruit talent.
- Assist in implementing agreed recognition systems and support a work environment that motivates and rewards employees in line with the overall IHG culture.
- Support the delivery of the integrated Payroll and HR management system
- To effectively manage the relationships with agreed external contacts, professional advisors and official bodies.
- Liaise with the Trustees of the pension scheme and HR Assistant on the administrative function.
- A degree in Human Resources or its equivalent
- At least 5 years HR experience in a similar role, experience in the Hospitality Sector will be an advantage
- High level of people and HR skills
- Outgoing 'bubbly' personality
- Creative and 'out of the box thinking'
- Able to champion change
- Good understanding of the local business and operation environments and markets
- Service minded and ability to involve and support operations
- Business savvy and good people skills
- Strong industrial relations in a unionized company is an added advange
go to method of application »
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- You will be required to ensure that all staff within your department are adequately trained and developed in line with company policy.
- You will take care of a proper staffing and scheduling and will actively guide and direct the whole team to ensure consistency of brand standards and a maximum level of performance and service delivery.
- Together with your Outlet Managers you will be working on trend-setting concepts.
- You are familiar with the local Nigerian market and are well aware of its challenges as well as our competitors’ strengths.
- Together with your team you are willing to go from good to great.
- As an inspiring leader you are ready to guide your team to become the no. 1 on the market and within the industry.
- Degree or its equivalent
- Good understanding of the Hotel Industry standards, policies and procedures
- Extensive experience in branded hotels
- Experience in high-end city operation with multi unit F&B and large Conference & Event
- Creative and open minded as well as outstanding leadership skills.
- Hands-on mentality and comfortable with the role of a true host.
- Good understanding of the Nigerian local business and operation environments and markets
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.