If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Management of the Usmanu Danfodiyo University Teaching Hospital, Sokoto (UDUTH), hereby invites applications from interested qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Chief Medical Director/CEO
- The Chief Medical Director is the Head/Chief Executive of the Institution. He is accountable to the Board of Management and the Honourable Minister of Health.
- He/She is charged with the responsibility of executing government policies and programmes and ensuring the effective day-to-day management of the affairs of the Hospital.
Any interested candidate must meet the following conditions:
- He/She must be a registered medical or dental practitioner registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN) and should not be less than ten (10) years post qualification.
- He/She must be a Fellow of the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria or West African College of Surgeons/West African College of Physicians or their equivalent and certificate(s) obtained must be registerable as a specialist with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria.
- He/She should have been a Consultant for a minimum of five (5) years and must be medically fit.
- He/She must also be of impeccable character and of unquestionable integrity.
- He/She must not be more than 57 years on the date of appointment.
- He/She must have a current Practicing Licence from MDCN.
The following shall be of added advantage:
- Evidence of sound academic and research prowess.
- Formal training and certification in Administration/Health Management.
- Profound knowledge of Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
- Attraction of funded grants locally and internationally.
Terms and Conditions of Service
These are as determined by the Federal Government. Other conditions of service are as applicable in the Public Service.
Salary and Allowances
Salary and Allowances are as obtained in the Federal Public Service.
Method of Application
Applicants should send formal Applications in twenty (20) copies each accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae in sealed envelope, marked Confidential and addressed to:
Director of Administration/Secretary to the Board of Management,
Usmanu Danfodiyo University Teaching Hospital,
- Candidates must attach copies of all relevant documents cited in the Curriculum Vitae.
- Also to be enclosed is Candidate’s Vision Statement for the Hospital in the next four (4) years and this must not be more than 1000 words.
- The CV should include names and addresses of three (3) referees, one of whom must be a Senior Medical or Dental Practitioner of NOT LESS than twenty-five (25) years post qualification experience and in position to attest to the Candidate’s academic, professional and managerial abilities as well as his/her moral standing and uprightness.
- Recommendation letters from three (3) referees should be sent directly to the address above.