The African Export-Import Bank (Afreximbank) - The bank was established in Abuja, Nigeria in October, 1993 by African Governments, African private and institutional investors as well as non-African financial institutions and private investors for the purpose of financing, promoting and expanding intra-African and extra-African trade. The Bank, headquartered in Cairo, the capital of the Arab Republic of Egypt.
Manager, Research & International Cooperation (Knowledge & Records Management)
Reference Number: LIPBLR17
Location: Cairo / Egypt
- Lead the strategic direction of the information and knowledge sharing activities of the Bank;
- Manage the Bank’s Library in accordance with international standards and deliver library services (current awareness, information services, information delivery, resource sharing and access to information, etc) to the Bank;
- Be responsible for managing the Bank’s Library including acquiring new information materials and accession and ensuring the classification, catalogue and circulation in accordance with the Bank’s standards;
- Develop a library policy and procedures manual elaborating procedures and policies that will govern the operations of the library and its relationship with departments and staff of the Bank;
- Develop the electronic services of the Bank’s Library including the development of databases and overseeing the development of the library website/intranet as the online presence for the Bank’s library (in liaison with the appropriate staff) and develop and maintain balanced collections of information resources in print and digital formats that will be accessed physically and via an online information portal of digital resources;
- Develop a records management policy and procedures manual (including filing and indexing and records retention and archiving) to use for all documents that need to be archived, back log documents and all documents to be generated going forward;
- Be responsible for setting up the Bank’s Records Centre intended to serve as a central repository in which the Bank can store and manage all of its physical semi-active and inactive/archival records including their retention and final disposition;
- Develop, maintain and advocate the electronic document and records management system (EDRMS) for the Bank to ensure the preservation of the Bank’s records and retrieval;
- Initiate digitization of the Bank’s backlog documents that have been filed and indexed, into electronic form following the indexing system implemented above and using the document management system installed;
- Support preparation and development of communication materials related to information about the business of the Bank e.g. newsletters and other Bank flagship knowledge products;
- Support the production of knowledge-based publications, including Occasional Papers, Reports on Workshop, Seminar Proceedings, etc.;
- Coordinate innovative knowledge management approaches such as communities of practice, and other KM tools (for sharing information and experience);
- In conjunction with the External Communication function, organize activities aimed at the dissemination of Bank flagship knowledge products internally and externally via mail, e-mail, and knowledge dissemination stands as side events during Bank conferences, and other professional gatherings; and, facilitate the circulation of information materials, including newsprint services, to senior management;
- Assist in the organization and management of learning events including conferences, seminars, workshop and meetings;
- Establish strong relationships with users and stakeholders to identify knowledge management needs/requirements; and
- Promote the library through activities such as displaying new materials in the library and at meetings and workshop/different fora and media; developing and implementing a communications/promotion plan for the Library including the development of promotional literature including catalogues and brochures; encouraging the use of the Library.
Requirements, Qualification and Skill
- Post graduate degree in Library Services or Information Science/Management or other related field from a recognized University;
- Sound experience of at least 8 years in a setting that involves the generation of a large amount of economic research and analysis data;
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting with good knowledge of Africa;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic and Portuguese);
- Possession of skills in the management of library services including the definition of library policies and procedures and their dissemination, as well as highlighting required tools for the administration of all library services;
- Demonstrated possession of skills in implementation and management of centralized document registries and archives, and knowledge of up to date software and hardware to support such activities; and
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources to attain goals.
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo, Egypt
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
CHECK OUT THE OTHER AVAILABLE POSITIONS HERE