University of Lagos Holding Company Limited (UniHOLD) is the administrative fulcrum of all income generating businesses of the University of Lagos. It was established to reposition, restructure, manage and coordinate these companies for profitability and enhanced corporate performance.
We are looking to fill vacant positions in some of our subsidiary companies;-
Accountant - University of Lagos Guesthouses and Conference Centre
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of positive pay transactions.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Collaborates with the other accounts department staff to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Supervise the general ledger group to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience
- Professional Certificate (ICAN, ACCA)
- BSc in accounting or related course
- Previous experience in the Hospitality industry is required
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below