AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international not-for-profit NGO, with its Headquarters based in Los Angeles, California. AIDS Healthcare Foundation is registered in Nigeria as Foundation for AIDS Care Prevention and Advocacy in Nigeria but Collectively referred to as AHF-Nigeria. AHF-Nigeria works in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Health to provide free HIV/AIDS services; HIV prevention and treatment (ART), capacity building and advocacy in resource-constrained settings.
AHF-Nigeria currently operates in 6 states including; Benue, Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nasarawa, Kogi,Cross River, Anambra and supports over 69 clinic sites country wide. The organization now seeks to hire a highly competent, dynamic and hardworking person to fill the position below:
Reports to: Operations Manager
- The Driver/Logistics Assistant is responsible for managing the day to day operations of the means of transport like buses, vans, trucks and the drivers of the organization.
- S(h)e sees to It that staff members are safe, and makes sure that they dent face any transportation-related problems. They will need to ensure compliance with the organization’s and the national legal guidelines for operations of automobiles, maintenance, and care of company vehicles.
- S(he) should be familiar with the Organization’s goods and supplies needs, and support the movement of these goods and products within the Organization’s supported sites.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for dispatching the proper loading of program vehicles;
- Must adhere to security and operational procedures
- Ensures that vehicle log books are properly filled by drivers every month and submitted to flnance for
- Performs duties of the transport department and any other related duties whenever required;
- Provides mentorship for all drivers to ensure their driving skills are upto standard;
- Gives timely reports on the working condition of company vehicles and equipment;
- Responsible for filing reports for any delay, incident or accident;
- Keeps communication open with drivers, day program staff, staff members etc regarding transportation means;
- Coordinates the maintenance and repair of vehicles on a timely manner
- Must oversee and schedule the day to day activities of transportation employees (drivers);
- Will be required to serve as a driver
- Basic technical knowledge of automobiles, as S(h)e has to write reports on the working condition of the company transport means;
- Good organizational skills in order to coordinate and see that all the employees are getting their transport on time.
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of an advanced level Certificate of Education, ND or NCE
- Possession of a valid Driving License including class D vehicles
- Possession of certificate in logistics and fleet management an added advantage;
- Over five years of driving experience in a reputable organization.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their email-application (Cover Letter and CV as one document in MS Word or PDF format) to: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the position applied for as subject of the email.
- The document (Cover Letter and CV as one document) must be saved in the applicat full name
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AIDS Healthcare Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer