Norwegian Church Aid ('NCA') is a member of the ACT Alliance and works with people and local actors, especially Faith-based actors in many countries where it works in their struggle to eradicate poverty and injustices. We provide humanitarian assistance in disasters and work for long-term development in local communities and societies. In order to address the root causes of poverty, we advocate for just decisions by public authorities, businesses and religious leaders.
NCA has a presence in Nigeria to respond to the Humanitarian crisis in Northeast Nigeria and will scale up an emergency response in the Cross River states. NCA has its core competencies in Gender Based Violence and Water Sanitation and Hygiene. NCA has its strengths in works and invest in local partners ensures building their capacities are built from the onset of response, in order to enable them have the capacity to respond in a long-term intervention including recovery and development.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer
Department / Sector:
Dikwa/monguno/Damboa/Damasak/Kukawa (Field Based)
Senior MEAL officer
JOB PURPOSE. Serve as lead M&E responsible for the programs at field level. Ensure quality programming and in line with overall program goal and objectives.
- Develop standardized monitoring and evaluation tools and ensure their mainstreaming within projects (GBV,WASH and other possible project).
- Always work with project team and partners for accurate and reliable data collection including its storage, validation, analysis and timely reporting.
- Monitor partner activities in various project locations as required and ensure working closely with partner M&E staff for effectiveness
- Support the caseworkers and GBV staff in the GBVIMS data management processes.
- Support in the analysis of data process for assessments conducted.
- Develop and collate regular updates, reports.
- Lead in the overall documentation and improved learning process for the organisation
- Develop and regularly review M&E plans as necessary to ensure consistency and standard data collection and in accordance with project goals and objectives.
- Review partner monitoring reports and indicator tracking tableActors (NSA) Fund, and identify the causes of problems in projects implementation and necessary corrective actions. As needed
- Always provide updated information to program Advisors and country Director on progress, challenges on programmatic issues.
- Participate in program assessment.
- Design M&E matrices and logical frameworks.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Requirements, skills and experience
- University degree, statistics, in measurement and evaluation an added advantage.
- Project management experience in similar position
- Have a strong sense of analysis, well organized and probing.
- Previous experience in the development of logical frames and planning
- Has both qualitative and quantitative analysis approach in programming
- Uses M&E plans as a guideline basis for result driven projects
- Strong skills in micro soft office packages
- Experience using strong data analysis software tools/packages in M&E
- Excellent English speaking and writing. Experience in Hausa, Kanuri, Shuwa and advantage and other Nigerian local languages.
- Must be willing to stay in the field/remote areas.
Method of Application
NCA is committed to following the following policies, standards and commitments and all staff are equally expected to conform to their requirements:
- Humanitarian Accountability Partnership (HAP)
- Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in Disaster Relief
- ACT Alliance Code of Conduct
- SPHERE Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Disaster Relief
- NCA Nigeria Security Plan
- NCA Nigeria Staff Handbook
Please send all applications to not later than 06/02/ 2019 Recruitment-Ng@nca.no or email@example.com and at 16:00 latest.
Please include three referees in your applications, of which one must be a recent supervisor from your former organisation/institution.
FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
PLEASE NOTE THAT CANDIDATE IS REQUIRED TO START AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and positions may be filled before closing date.