Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, program management, construction management, and technical services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With 16,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech's capabilities span the entire project life cycle.
Deputy Chief of Party - Nigeria WATIH
- Tetra Tech International Development Services headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently seeking applications from qualified Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) candidates to provide leadership to a $86-96 million, USAID-funded Trade and Investment Hub Activity in West Africa.
- The purpose of the Activity is to improve the competitiveness of West African farmers and firms.
- This will be accomplished by increasing productivity, market participation, investment and adoption of improved technologies.
- USAID defines agriculture competitiveness as the ability of a farm, firm, sector, or country to sell and provide goods and services in a given market – in relation to the ability and performance of other farms, firms, sectors or countries in the same market.
Position Description/ Responsibilities
- The DCOP serves as the principal point of contact in Nigeria for procedural and substantive matters in the absence of the Chief of Party (COP).
- The DCOP must be able to demonstrate that s/he has the requisite experience to effectively backstop and reinforce the other long and short-term specialists; ensure that synergies among Activity elements and grantees are capitalized upon; ensure that the Activity focus remains on achieving results; and manage an effective monitoring and reporting system.
- Master's degree in economics, business administration, agriculture, or related field;
- At least seven (7) years of relevant, progressively responsible management and technical experience, and a proven track record of implementing and/or managing activities focusing on private sector competitiveness, public-private partnerships, trade, access to finance and investment, and agricultural development;
- Possess a combination of technical expertise and management experience implementing development assistance activities, particularly USAID-funded Feed the Future activities, multi-country activities, and activities with large grants components;
- Previous experience in Nigeria and other West African countries, especially working with the private sector, including agribusiness or manufacturing firms and financial institutions;
- Ability to travel within Nigeria and to other West African countries;
- Ability to serve as acting COP;
- Proficiency in French (Level IV) is desirable.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
- Cover Letter
- CV in reverse chronological format
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the closing date. Early applications are encouraged.
- Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration.
- Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
- Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech's IDS ad posted.