Insidify (SeamlessHR) is a fast-growing HR Technology software company providing solutions in Recruitment Management, Learning Management and HRIS/HRMS- as single solutions or a suite of solutions named SeamlessHR, where a unified workforce application encompassing Applicant Tracking System, Online Testing, Online Learning, HRIS, Employee Self Service, New Hire Onboarding, Payroll, Time and Attendance, Talent Management, Performance Appraisals, and more are all in one system. We currently serve over several clients in Nigeria and other African countries.
Compliance and Internal Control Officer
Specialization: Accounting/Audit/Tax,Quality Assurance/Control
Reporting Structure: In this position, you’ll report to the Head of Business Operations
- Functioning as an objective body that reviews and evaluates compliance issues/concerns within the organization, this position ensures the management and employees are in compliance with the rules and regulations of regulatory agencies, the company policies and procedures are being followed, and that behaviors in the organization meets the company’s Standards of Conduct.
- The compliance officer serves as a channel of communication to receive and direct compliance issues to appropriate resources for investigation and resolution- monitoring and reporting results of the compliance/ethics efforts of the company and in providing guidance for the senior management team on matters relating to compliance.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Develops, initiates, maintains, and revises policies and procedures for the general operation of the company and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct. Manages day-to-day operation of the department.
- Develops and periodically reviews and updates Standards of Procedure and Code Of Conducts to ensure continuing currency and relevance in providing guidance to management and employees.
- Collaborates with other departments (e.g.,Financial Control, Admin, HR Operations, etc.) to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution. Consults with the Company Lawyers as needed to resolve difficult legal compliance issues.
- Responds to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and Codes of Conduct and SOP by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures. Develops and oversees a system for uniform handling of such violations.
- Acts as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance Issues/concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
- Monitors, and as necessary, coordinates SOPs of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all activities and to identify trends.
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Provides reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep the senior management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
- Ensures proper reporting of violations or potential violations to duly authorized enforcement agencies as appropriate and/or required.
- Institutes and maintains an effective compliance communication program for the organization, including promoting a) heightened awareness of Standards of Conduct, and (b) understanding of new and existing compliance issues and related policies and procedures.
- Works with the Human Resources Department and others as appropriate to develop an effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees and managers.
- Monitors the performance of the Compliance Department and related activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
Qualification and Person Specification
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Psychology, Business Admin, or any related fields.
- Familiarity with internal control,quality control, operational, financial,, and human resource procedures and regulations is a must.
- More than 1 year experience in same or similar roles.
- Industry knowledge and experience with HR software.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to coordinate and facilitate training sessions for staff
- Ability to lead a change management process
- Ability to analyze business processes to optimize best practices
- Ability to manage budgets, resources and timelines
All core competencies plus:
- Advanced knowledge of your primary product and a basic knowledge of other secondary products
- Demonstrate expertise in verbal communication
- Demonstrate expertise written communication especially in business and technical writing
- Process Management skills
- Advanced knowledge of statistics and analysis
- Advanced knowledge in championing the customer
- Full grasp of industry knowledge and engagement
- Excellent project management skills
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.